Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Trolls were an early creation of Dhunia, and the ones with the greatest attunement to the natural world. They pick up aspect of their local environment, and often have stony or barklike parts of their skin, which are more pronounced on older or more primal Trolls. Northern Trolls are blue, and they're the most widespread in the west, but in more wild part they are sometimes black, green, or yellow, depending on environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

fool_of_sound posted:

Trolls were an early creation of Dhunia, and the ones with the greatest attunement to the natural world. They pick up aspect of their local environment, and often have stony or barklike parts of their skin, which are more pronounced on older or more primal Trolls. Northern Trolls are blue, and they're the most widespread in the west, but in more wild part they are sometimes black, green, or yellow, depending on environment.

Interesting, if that’s the case, what are they fundamentally made of? Are they secretly elementals?

Kegslayer Beer Elemental?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Serenade posted:

Interesting, if that’s the case, what are they fundamentally made of? Are they secretly elementals?

They're still mostly flesh and blood, but have elemental aspects to them.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Picked up my first Monpoc stuff today since it turns out there's about 10-15 people playing where I live, just grabbed Armodax + the Carnidon/Spikodon blister. They didn't have the starter in stock else I'd have grabbed it, but it + Terra Khan + additional Terrasaur blisters are on the list. How many more of the Terrasaur blisters are worth it, and what Terrasaur-favoring buildings should I look at?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Hey everybody, I’m clearing out my backlog. Does anybody want anything in these pictures? Everything is free except for cost of shipping anywhere in the US. Pick as much or as little as you want, but keep in mind that I’ll be using USPS Flat Rate Shipping, so receiving Madelyn Corbeau all by herself isn’t “cheaper” than her plus Alexia and the Risen or whatever.

S.J. can verify that this isn’t a criminal enterprise, I just don’t want to have to throw these models away. I’m also one of the hosts of the Men On Board board game podcast, so if I burglarize/murder anyone you can leave us some negative iTunes reviews. Also, if anyone is interested, I have fully painted Circle, Khador, and Mercenaries armies I’m looking to sell, but those aren’t free (yet).

Mercenaries/Minions: Alexia & the Risen, Feralgeist, Eiryss2, an undead dude with a big sword.

Khador Juggernaut, Behemoth, Spriggan, Black Ivan, 5x Koldun Outriders, Kovnik Joe, Man’O’War Drakhun (with dismount), Malekov, Mechaniks, Iron Fang Kovnik.

Circle: Satyr (all options magnetized), Bradigus Thorle, Argus Moonhound, Rotterhorn Griffon, Una the Falconer.

I also have Madelyn Corbeau and a metal Troll Impaler; they didn’t make it into the pictures for some reason.

Claimed:
Satyr
Argus Moonhound
All Khador
All Mercs/Minions except Feralgeist

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 29, 2019

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sulecrist posted:

Hey everybody, I’m clearing out my backlog. Does anybody want anything in these pictures? Everything is free except for cost of shipping anywhere in the US. Pick as much or as little as you want, but keep in mind that I’ll be using USPS Flat Rate Shipping, so receiving Madelyn Corbeau all by herself isn’t “cheaper” than her plus Alexia and the Risen or whatever.

S.J. can verify that this isn’t a criminal enterprise, I just don’t want to have to throw these models away. I’m also one of the hosts of the Men On Board board game podcast, so if I burglarize/murder anyone you can leave us some negative iTunes reviews. Also, if anyone is interested, I have fully painted Circle, Khador, and Mercenaries armies I’m looking to sell, but those aren’t free (yet).

Mercenaries/Minions: Alexia & the Risen, Feralgeist, Eiryss2, an undead dude with a big sword.

Khador Juggernaut, Behemoth, Spriggan, Black Ivan, 5x Koldun Outriders, Kovnik Joe, Man’O’War Drakhun (with dismount), Malekov, Mechaniks, Iron Fang Kovnik.

Circle: Satyr (all options magnetized), Bradigus Thorle, Argus Moonhound, Rotterhorn Griffon, Una the Falconer.

I also have the limited edition pEiryss, Madelyn Corbeau, and a metal Troll Impaler; they didn’t make it into the pictures for some reason.

I can always use more prize support for Foodmachine. I'll send you a PM. Good to see you buddy. :unsmith:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I can confirm that Sulecrist is both cool and good.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Where do people sell their miniatures nowadays? I don't think I'll ever go back to playing Warmachine and I have a big Cryx army and a decent Merc and Circle one that I want to offload.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Where do people sell their miniatures nowadays? I don't think I'll ever go back to playing Warmachine and I have a big Cryx army and a decent Merc and Circle one that I want to offload.

There's a WMH buy trade group on facebook.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

More Mystery Boxes!

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPrivateerPress/posts/10156124457137050

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
It’s too bad you can’t designate preferred factions. I would have gone in if they were offering people a sort of Top 3/Bottom 3 sort of preference with an understanding that early orders get priority for their top picks and no one gets their bottom ones.

The gamble to wind up with a pile of stuff from a faction that I’ll never play that I’ll also never be able to unload for what I even paid for the mystery box just doesn’t do it for me.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I've got enough stuff to never get around to fully painting as it is, so.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
I grabbed some. Looking over the factions, I think I'd be happy with any faction besides Mercs or Minions if they don't split them into sub factions. Like gatormen OR pigs would be cool, but kind of mutually exclusive.

or Rhulic. I dont want that

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I hate Rhulic but mostly because it's so loving boring and monotonous to play against.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I wound up with an easy 250 points worth of Circle and a nearly complete collection of Menoth as of early 2017. Unfortunately my friend who owned them was moving and didn’t have any further interest in the game. Sucks to lose a local player to disinterest, but, I guess I have a viable 5th and 6th faction I can play now.

I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do with it all, but Warriors of the Old Faith may feature prominently in that hypothetical future.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

That theme is gonna be sick as hell.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

S.J. posted:

I hate Rhulic but mostly because it's so loving boring and monotonous to play against.

How so? As someone who plays Rhulic, it always feels like my opponent gets to do whatever they want and I have to try and counter?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

That theme is gonna be sick as hell.

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Warriors of the Old Faith

!!! This army contains a CID entry.
!!! This list is using a CID theme.

[Durst 1] Anson Durst, Rock of the Faith [+28]
- Devastator [14]
- Devastator [14]
Champion of the Order of the Wall [8]
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon [0(6)]
Menite Archon [8]
Paladin of the Order of the Wall [0(4)]
Paladin of the Order of the Wall [4]
Two Vassals of Menoth [0(6)]
Uhlan Kovnik Markov [7]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Flame Bringers (min) [11]
Initiates of the Wall [7]
Iron Fang Uhlans (min) [12]
Iron Fang Uhlans (min) [12]

Playing for the :majorminor: with Arm 27/29 jacks and tons of knockdown.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Why not Vengers? They seem better in most situations, although I could be misremembering something.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

Why not Vengers? They seem better in most situations, although I could be misremembering something.

Vengers are -1 P+S for +1 Arm and don't have Crit: Knockdown. Uhlans have Pathfinder whenever they charge, not just after a model in the unit takes damage. Uhlans also have Wall of Steel if they B2B each other, negating the base -1 Arm in the comparison, at least early on. Uhlans close quarters melee weapons are 1" range, vs. 0.5" on the Vengers' swords (though they are Weapon Masters on the swords).

A lot of the stats otherwise are a wash for each other.

I've got the double Uhlans models, whereas I don't have double Vengers. It'll *really* come down to play style as to which is better. For now, I'm going with what I have without needing to buy much more than the Archon (and possibly a unit of Initiates, haven't found them yet, but I'm going through 3 bags worth of models trying to identify and sort them).

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Had a great time at the Welsh Masters at the weekend. 7 great games against fun guys, eventually ended up 3-4, which isn't bad considering I've had 4 practice games with the Dreamer, and 1 with The Child in the last year.

Also got to debut my project -

Relatively modular army board (wood tray with space for tokens, cards etc. 3D printed tiles with slots for all 3 lists). Van art backdrop.

Lost to this Exalted List as it turns out 28 souls is just exactly enough to assassinate the Dreamer.

Lost to all of these Doom Reavers. The pink stick on the right is the no shooting aura from the Kolduns that makes my Clocks assault super blunted. didn't have the infantry clearing I thought I did with that.

Lost to this fine Trolls fellow with his camouflage Sea King -

Defeated by this gorgeous Kallus Double Chosen list

Managed to beat the Dwarf Purist as unfortunately he took too long to do all that shooting

Beat this Exalted player. Look at how hot I was running!

Defeated this Ad Raza player through trickery as he didn't contest enough with his heavies. One pulled Light, One Placed through Dreamers spell and all it took was a 3 box clockatrice that took a free strike while charging the remaining contesting boys.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Holy poo poo that's awesome. drat I really need to work on getting my trolls painted :( I wish I didn't burn out on painting so god drat fast

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

S.J. posted:

Holy poo poo that's awesome. drat I really need to work on getting my trolls painted :( I wish I didn't burn out on painting so god drat fast

GW's new paint line is making big promises about quick results.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Maneck posted:

GW's new paint line is making big promises about quick results.

Yeah I'm eyeballing it for sure.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ended up taking 5th at the Bugeater WFW qualifier this last weekend, dropped before round 4 a buddy of mine could play for 3rd. I love Trollbloods more and more every day.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

S.J. posted:

Ended up taking 5th at the Bugeater WFW qualifier this last weekend, dropped before round 4 a buddy of mine could play for 3rd. I love Trollbloods more and more every day.

That's really cool. My Trolls have been gathering dust since the dream pair of Runes of War/Element Evolution died.

I saw a guy on the TB FB group One Trick Jarl to victory at something Scandanavian, which is insane and I don't understand it.

What are you playing?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

S.J. posted:

Nice. Glad to hear people are still playing them.

Has PP said when the release for the new campaign book is? I know it was scheduled for June, but my google skills are failing to locate a more precise date. Not that precision matters for me. PP can't seem to handle international sales which is going to lead to the campaign books arriving in Ontario in October.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Congratulations!

What did you end up playing and how were your matches?

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Maneck posted:

Nice. Glad to hear people are still playing them.

Has PP said when the release for the new campaign book is? I know it was scheduled for June, but my google skills are failing to locate a more precise date. Not that precision matters for me. PP can't seem to handle international sales which is going to lead to the campaign books arriving in Ontario in October.

They've stated that Oblivion will be available at GenCon. When it's available for general sale is another matter. It's going to be a boxed, rather than just a book, which may or may not improve the international sales aspect (I'm in New Zealand, and have found that online wargames retailers often refuse to ship books internationally but are fine to ship boxed sets).

I'm just excited to get something in the vicinity of the "something for everyone" almanacs that they used to put out twice a year. Just War Room and CID is not enough to make this game feel like it's still alive, they need Escalation/Reckoning/etc coming out regularly, even if as loss-leaders.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
That makes a lot of sense. Model kits and accessories (including supporting books) are tariff free most places. Whereas books are subject to economic and cultural protectionist regimes.

Also agreed on the "something for everyone". Especially the "vicinity" part of it. Even though the Hordes content appears to be a lame tack on, it's still exciting to have new additions to the game launched property rather than a forum announcement about new rules cards appearing.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Honestly I got super lazy and just brought my Madrak 1 list because that's all I've been playing lately and I feel super comfortable with it.

https://conflictchamber.com/?c7201b_-0a4N0r9Djq6G6G0l0miTbKiT0b0c

Trollbloods Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Band of Heroes

[Madrak 1] Madrak Ironhide, Thornwood Chieftain [+29]
- Dire Troll Bomber [19]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0(5)]
Fell Caller Hero [0(5)]
Fell Caller Hero [0(5)]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Stone Scribe Elder [3]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]
- Skaldi Bonehammer [5]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]
Trollkin Fennblades (max) [15]
- Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer [5]

Round one opponent to the best of my memory

https://conflictchamber.com/?cf201b_-11lqltlululolclFlHlnlblElClk

Crucible Guard Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Prima Materia

[Locke 1] Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke [+29]
- Liberator [10]
- Toro [13]
- Toro [13]
- Vanguard [10]
- Vulcan [35]
- Aurum Ominus Alyce Marc [0(5)]
Crucible Guard Mechanik [2]
Prospero [0(5)]
- Suppressor [13]
Trancer [3]
Combat Alchemists [0(7)]
Dragon's Breath Rocket [5]

Round was was vs Crucible guard, I believe we were playing Invasion, guy dropped Locke because he had a Vulcan to try and keep me from healing. He was super aggressive with it top of 1 (I lost the roll off every game) and moved the vulcan up super far. Double shield guard didn't help him a ton, as Madrak alone did 2/3rds of the Vanguards boxes with his thrown axe - he shield guarded the shot on the Vulcan, but Prospero was in range of the Vanguard, so he had to use it again on the 2nd shot. I spike damage on two bomber shots and pop feat with the Fennblades to get 3-4 turn-1 charges in on it and scare the crap out of him. The rest of the Fenns jam up, I do the Troll thing and advance menacingly with the rest of my list and threaten zones/hide behind forests if he wants to play with the champs. Turn two he backs the Vulcan way the gently caress up and lays most of his firepower into the mauler, who also takes a Toro charge and, well, DEF 14 ARM 20 doesn't really care, so he gets through it with half his boxes. A unit of champs eats that Toro alive and the other easily removes the suppressor that he sent to try and contest the left circular zone.

Turn three he doesn't do much - I clear the right zone of alchemists to score, the mauler gets in position to eat the Vulcan, Madrak and the Bomber kill his objective and I Ricochet off of it to kill his stupid mechanic for the easy Even Ground. Turn four the Vulcan commits to killing the Mauler, but the stone buff is enough to let the Bomber and a couple champs finish it off easily enough. Unfortunately I had some super, super lovely damage rolls with Madrak to try and finish off his vanguard in the center zone so I could Blood Boon (1,2,1 - 2,1,2 kind of stuff) leaving me with no Even Ground, so Prospero juices up his other light and that + the vanguard hit with every attack and spike a bunch of damage rolls to put Madrak in the ground. I end up 4-0 on scenario with a loss.

Round two
https://conflictchamber.com/?c1201b_-0e7D9y9Hanaj9cao7zfjadada5a6

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Storm Division

[Stryker 2] Lord Commander Stryker [+28]
- Lancer [10]
- Stormclad [18]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [0(4)]
Journeyman Warcaster [0(4)]
- Firefly [8]
Major Katherine Laddermore [8]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]
Savio Montero Acosta [0(6)]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Stormblade Infantry [10]
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard [5]

I honestly felt bad. It was Recon II, which was fine, but I've been playing Stryker 2 since I started playing this game and there was literally nothing he could do to surprise me here. I move up super aggressively, I pop feat early to prevent cav charges. I figure he's going to back off and let me score some points instead of contesting and hope he can come back on the back half of the game, but instead he walks his cav up to shoot/melee without charge bonuses, pops feat to try and get as much damage in as possible, but it doesn't matter. He kills a bunch of fenns and an odd champ or four, but I murder almost his entire army inside of the rectangular zones in about one and a half turns. A building in the middle of the board gave Stryker somewhere to hide behind, and he goes for the assassination, but Madrak is camping 2 with the scroll still available, so we call it after he fails. I win on scenario 7-1.

Round three
https://conflictchamber.com/?c3201b_-0T7bf8l5l4l4l3l37Ml0l7l17Qgd

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Armored Corps

[Zerkova 1] Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova [+28]
- Victor [34]
Man-O-War Kovnik [4]
Man-O-War Strike Tanker [5]
Man-O-War Strike Tanker [5]
Man-O-War Suppression Tanker [0(6)]
Man-O-War Suppression Tanker [0(6)]
Man-O-War Bombardiers (max) [16]
- Man-O-War Bombardier Officer [5]
Man-O-War Demolition Corps (max) [14]
- Sergeant Dragos Dragadovich [0(6)]
Man-O-War Shocktroopers (max) [16]
- Man-O-War Shocktrooper Officer [4]

This was on The Pit II. I thought this was going to be loving awful for me. There were a lot of forests in the middle of the board jamming up LoS for me, so I was afraid I'd just walk up, bounce off his dudes and then get murdered on the clap back. I sent my Fenns around far to the right to try and get around the terrain which kept a suppression tanker and all his demo corps locked down long enough for my mauler to eat most of the unit to death (plus, random POW 13 charges will kill Man-o-War as it turns out). On the left side, his bombadiers missed most of their turn 1 shots thanks to the miracle of elevation bonuses, which meant my bomber got to kill two a turn basically for free. The Victor is shooting fire AoEs every turn it just isn't enough to push through Skaldi's units damage threshold. He does manage to have a strike tanker snipe out my stone bearer, which made me pucker a bit (didn't realize grievous wounds got around self-sac, OOF).

He lays a suppression template down in front of his shield-wall'd Shocktroopers while Skaldi's unit is basically all at 4/5 damage, so I have to pop feat for the healing before sending them through, which it's a good thing I did since he spiked damage on about half of them. Unfortunately a forest was in the way, so they had to straight walk into combat. A round of weapon master attacks downs two of his shocks and I prepare for the worst, but as it turns out, MAT 7 doesn't reliably hit DEF 16, which gives me enough time to have my 2nd unit of champs catch up and come along the backside to absolutely destroy that unit and a couple tankers on the left/middle of the board. He ends up clocking himself once Zerkova and the Victor are all thats left, realizing he had only killed off the fennblades and a fell caller. The scenario doesn't allow for much scoring with our armies, though I had killed his objective. Win on clock/2-0 on scenario.

I ended up dropping so my buddy could play against Brent Simon for 3rd place. He ended up losing, but it's all good, Brent's a great guy. Child + 3 Clocks is gross. I had a great time.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

I haven't played much WMH since mid/late MK2. I'm getting really tingly about Infernals, but I don't k ow how to approach list building and making pairing anymore. In my experience during MK2, you wanted a list that heavily focused on X. It didn't need to be a skew, but generally covered half or more of your match ups, but either "asked a question, or answered a lot of other lists questions". Your 2nd list tried to cover the boogeyman, or whatever your first list couldn't.

Im stuck in the stage of just making a solid 1st list. I'm trying to build a Hearts of Darkness list. I know this theme and a lot of models in it aren't out yet and the casters available in it are somewhat suspect, but my questions are more conceptual. As someone returning to the game, how do you deceifer through the minute details of units to derive at the best one. I can think of 2 specific examples regarding just the options in Hearts of Darkness.

For example, with Malekov2, if I want a more gunline type list, I could take either variety of winterguard, howlers as a screen/beefy anchor, and the infernal gate for recursion. If I go the winterguard route I feel obligated to take Kovnik Joe to get tough/no knockdown. That module costs roughly the same as 2 units of grievers, howlers, infernal gate, and Hauke. Hauke provides the same no knockdown. Grievers are pow12 versus winterguard pow10. They're more maneuverable, have great passive rules, but have slight worse static range, and don't get aoes rockets. The grievers module is about the same point wise.

So conceptually, grievers and the 2 winterguard units are different, but without the knowledge from playing with the 3 units several times, how do you know you're making the right choice. Or how do you know none of the choices are good.

The same kind of thing could be said for most of the Heart of Darkness factions. But overall, I'm kind of overwhelmed and unable to fully comprehend the decisions one makes when making a cohesive list.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I feel like you can go so many directions that if you're feeling overwhelmed just either concentrate on pure Infernals for your first list, or pick a particular faction you always wanted to try out and use them as your Heart of Darkness theme. I think there's going to be a ton of viable options for them regardless, so if you start out with, say, Khador you'll have a decent range of options to pick and choose from even with your basic gunline framework.

If nothing else, write a list up and post it here and we can start hacking away at making it better.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

I've been building bunch of lists, just not sure what suites Malakov best. I've also been running into issues with being 1 or 2 points away from getting a 3rd free solo and it drives me crazy.

Here are a few I've been looking at:

Doom Reavers
Infernal Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Hearts of Darkness (Khador) (CID)

!!! This army contains a pre-release entry.
!!! This army contains CID entries.
!!! This list has an unused free card.

[Malakov 2] Kommander Andrei Malakov [+28]
- Victor [34]
Great Princess Regna Gravnoy [0(6)]
Kovnik Apprentice Kratikoff [4]
- Berserker [8]
Valin Hauke, The Fallen Knight [7]
Doom Reaver Swordsmen [10]
- Greylord Escort [0(3)]
- Greylord Escort [3]
Howlers (max) [15]
Infernal Gate [12]

Winterguard
https://conflictchamber.com/?cg201b_-1bgyf8onlOkZosok7X7W7X7Wou

- Victor [34]
- Rager [10]
Mordecai, Master of Arms [0(5)]
Howlers (max) [15]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
Infernal Gate [12]

I've also been looking at Feora3 to for making a gunline with grievers.

https://conflictchamber.com/?cg201b_-1dgRlVmeonoSoslM1qop2_oioiou

Infernal Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Hearts of Darkness (Prot.) (CID)

!!! This army contains pre-release entries.

[Feora 3] Feora, the Conquering Flame [+27]
- Judicator [34]
- Hierophant [3]
Hermit of Henge Hold [0(4)]
Scrutator Potentate Severius [6]
- Dervish [7]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Griever Swarm (max) [14]
Griever Swarm (max) [14]
Infernal Gate [12]

In this list with Grievers with hermit -2 arm debuff, incite, and sevvy0 you can get to pow17 and the Judicator gets pretty nuts, too, but it doesn't have much board presence to secure zones. In this case, Holy Zealots kind of perform a similar role as grievers.

https://conflictchamber.com/?cg201b_-1dgRlVmeonoSoslM1qop2_oijI2iou

[Theme] Hearts of Darkness (Prot.) (CID)

!!! This army contains pre-release entries.

[Feora 3] Feora, the Conquering Flame [+27]
- Judicator [34]
- Hierophant [3]
Hermit of Henge Hold [0(4)]
Scrutator Potentate Severius [6]
- Dervish [7]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Griever Swarm (max) [14]
Holy Zealots (max) [12]
- Monolith Bearer [3]
Infernal Gate [12]

In either case, do you just role with the fact the list can get pretty high pow shooting, but may lose on scenario, or do you water down the shooting potential to get a unit of howlers or something else that'll stick around a while?

EDIT: I know I was mainly asking about guns, but I feel the doom reaver list makes a lot of sense and has clicked point wise way more than most lists I've tried to make with Malakov.https://conflictchamber.com/?cg201b_-1bgyf8onlOkRosopnf89nf89okou

!!! This army contains a pre-release entry.

- Victor [34]
- Berserker [8]
- Greylord Escort [0(3)]
- Greylord Escort [3]
Howlers (max) [15]
Infernal Gate [12]

Alokgen fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 18, 2019

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Just want to get my prediction that Kezia is Nicia2 down early.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

xiw posted:

Just want to get my prediction that Kezia is Nicia2 down early.

sir please

I guess Valin Hauke is probably Gravus then.

mp5 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 18, 2019

S.J.
May 19, 2008

You are hours too late! Hours!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

S.J. posted:

You are hours too late! Hours!

xiw wasn't which was the whole point :colbert:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
So, anyone willing to bet Asher is not Eilish Garrity, the dude known to mess with Dangerous poo poo before infernals were even announced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Iceclaw posted:

So, anyone willing to bet Asher is not Eilish Garrity, the dude known to mess with Dangerous poo poo before infernals were even announced?