Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I resubbed. RIP me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Holy shitballs I should not have done my first Fixed Indycar Oval race at 10:15pm, christ I am like :stare: right now, need some booze to kill the adrenaline.

Iowa loving owns

Crashed out at lap 65 due to my dogs going apeshit distracting me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Holy shitballs I should not have done my first Fixed Indycar Oval race at 10:15pm, christ I am like :stare: right now, need some booze to kill the adrenaline.

Hahahaha, I know that feeling well.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Also this one, but my jerk cat.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Also this one, but my jerk cat.

I play in VR and it never ceases to scare the poo poo out of me when my cat decides to join me in my rig

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Happens to me all the time.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly
At least it's one advantage that sim racing has over real world racing: You can pet your cat while doing 250+ km/h. My cat particularly enjoys the Mulsanne Straight :3:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's time for a new Gooncar season, and it's also time to bring back the Skip Barber and the road/oval mix. Prepare to :getin:

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Gosh I really need a place to live and access to the back of my storage unit.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Mr. Powers posted:

Gosh I really need a place to live and access to the back of my storage unit.

It me, the alleged sim racing fan who keeps eyeballing the wheel stand in the back of her storage unit and sighing because getting to it means :effort:

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

It me, the alleged sim racing fan who keeps eyeballing the wheel stand in the back of her storage unit and sighing because getting to it means :effort:

I can't even eyeball it. It's in the corner with all the well packed boxes which went in first, then furniture, then the "poo poo, I still have a lot to pack" half-assed boxes. It's really far back (10x20 unit). Also, I have no place for it in this little box of a room at my Mom's. gently caress the housing market.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
When is the season starting? I might buy three months for the summer.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mr. Powers posted:

I can't even eyeball it. It's in the corner with all the well packed boxes which went in first, then furniture, then the "poo poo, I still have a lot to pack" half-assed boxes. It's really far back (10x20 unit). Also, I have no place for it in this little box of a room at my Mom's. gently caress the housing market.

Don’t worry when the bubble pops again you can trade your wheel for a 5 bedroom house.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Max is at it again, just broke the record for Charlotte Roval in the F3

https://wtf1.com/post/watch-max-verstappen-break-an-iracing-track-record-with-this-mind-blowing-lap/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSiDAEi5CPA

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Don’t worry when the bubble pops again you can trade your wheel for a 5 bedroom house.

I would like that very much, since I just sold my condo for a nice profit, but at what cost? How many races must I miss?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Sebastian Flyte posted:

At least it's one advantage that sim racing has over real world racing: You can pet your cat while doing 250+ km/h. My cat particularly enjoys the Mulsanne Straight :3:

I try to make it a point to take my youngest dog for a walk before sitting down to race, because then I just pull a dog bed over next to the computer and he curls up and goes to sleep and I can reach down and give him scratchies during cautions.

SiCk
Jul 4, 2003

My name's SiCk, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I play in VR and it never ceases to scare the poo poo out of me when my cat decides to join me in my rig

Mine tends to enjoy sitting in front of one of the sensors for my Rift and when that happens, I'm often transported out of my car in the sim and it makes me want to throw up. Generally it ends up me flailing arms wildly to get her to move

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

My cat sleeps in my racing seat, and when I have to kick him out to use it, he gets into my computer chair next to it. Sometimes he'll curl up on the frame if my transducer is shaking a lot. I mean, I would too if I could.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have a lint roller in my rig because my cat sleeps in the seat too

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

TremorX posted:

My cat sleeps in my racing seat, and when I have to kick him out to use it, he gets into my computer chair next to it. Sometimes he'll curl up on the frame if my transducer is shaking a lot. I mean, I would too if I could.

My cat got in my lap during a tense hot lap once, and it ended with him banned from the room while I race, and me needing to buy new track pants after he claw-shredded the ones I'd been wearing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have a lint roller in my rig because my cat sleeps in the seat too

Same

I've taken to leaving a pile of junk on the seat when I'm not in it to try to discourage the cat from getting his hair everywhere

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
My cat gently paws at me, and when I have a moment I will reach down and scratch her, and she'll purr and nuzzle me and be my perfect little kitty buddy. :h:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Discussion > Games > iRacing 2019: Goons beating Max Verstappen while petting their cats

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

do not get those the wrong way round

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
My kitty has two spots; she either lays against the back of my feet at the base of my pedals, or sits on top of my tower so I can scratch her head on straightaways. It's the best.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
One last preseason race before we get into Skips: everyone's been running Indy so tonight we're doing GOON INDY. IR18 and DW12 (free!) on Pocono 2011 (free!), usual time, usual place.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
No Gooncar on Sunday this week bc I hear there's some race or other happening, BUT we have a rerun of Sunday's Pocono race TODAY in like 11 hours from now.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There's like 3 races going on.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Requested to join. This is like some sort of fighting game right?

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
Yes, but more violence and nudity.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Gooncar starts again next Sunday. 10 week season, Skip Barber, split between road and oval, 80% free tracks. "Get" "in" etc.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

If the weather no is poo poo I'll be there maybe I'll practice the right vehicle.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Is there a sim racing hardware thread, or is this the right place? I just want to know if there is an alternative to the Podium Hub that is available now for a ClubSport v2.5

I don't care if it is a 'dumb' unit and is just the QR and a flange to bolt a traditional 6 hole wheel to.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 18, 2019

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

Is there a sim racing hardware thread, or is this the right place? I just want to know if there is an alternative to the Podium Hub that is available now for a ClubSport v2.5

I don't care if it is a 'dumb' unit and is just the QR and a flange to bolt a traditional 6 hole wheel to.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763524

That said, we can talk here too.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
There is the universal hub but it's pricier, unless you're really set on swapping a bunch of wheel rims it's better value to just buy one of the wheels I think.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Vando posted:

There is the universal hub but it's pricier, unless you're really set on swapping a bunch of wheel rims it's better value to just buy one of the wheels I think.

The universal hub is actually cheaper when you consider that the podium hub requires buying a paddle module and a Button Cluster Pack.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ah, alright. That is where I was trying to save money, I wasn't planning on running buttons or paddles

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
45 minutes until the incredibly good and cool Classic Flavour Gooncar

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Did they ever add the new tire model to anything but the skip, or is it still only that?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Just the skip. They're on a second version of it, improved over last season but by their own admission, still not quite there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Skip is really good now though, they're almost there.

Also :siren: Gooncar in an hour :siren: and we're doing Iowa, poo poo status: real.