Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I did laugh at him saying Vindaloo broke into his Spotify top ten tracks for 2019 on the back of the World Cup though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Did i miss the regular ramble some how or is it just these easter ones?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jippa posted:

Did i miss the regular ramble some how or is it just these easter ones?

There was a regular one on Monday. Pete was presenting.

Speaking of the Easter ones, they've already done the 3 I could think of other than Zidane. Anyone any ideas who the others will be?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Speaking of the Easter ones, they've already done the 3 I could think of other than Zidane. Anyone any ideas who the others will be?

I'm apparently blind, thanks.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Mickolution posted:

im assuming pete's gonna get shearer in there if they allow letchkov

edit: maybe a cheeky bit of jonjo too

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

im assuming pete's gonna get shearer in there if they allow letchkov

edit: maybe a cheeky bit of jonjo too

Jonjo is a decent shout. Not sure about Shearer though. Was he bald when he was playing? Letchkov, while not fully bald was famous for being bald.

Maybe that Hungarian (?) player who was sponsored by a wig company and his claim was that he could play a game without it coming off. I think he's in the DWHOF.

I'm not complaining about having more stuff to listen to, but the Charlton one (only one I've listened to so far) was a lot like the Christmas ones and DWHOF entries where they've clearly just read up on the subject but try to pass the info off as if it's just off the top of their head. Small complaint, but it's a little jarring.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 10, 2019

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/StreathamRovers/status/1115680648684081153

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Another successful Destroy and Exit for Mclaren.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Incredible

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Excellent

Also I’m Patrick King-Patrick

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Xtermin8 Rat Poison League is an incredible name.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's a hoax apparently but it fooled me.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Jippa posted:

It's a hoax apparently but it fooled me.

its not a hoax as much as streatham rovers not being a real team that exists

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Anyone subscribing to the Athletico Mince paid content or is it just more jokes refried into inanity?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Anyone subscribing to the Athletico Mince paid content or is it just more jokes refried into inanity?

I don't know, but here's Andy tripping his son on the pitch at the Stadium of Light.
https://twitter.com/SunderlandAFC/status/1119609163498135552

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mickolution posted:

I don't know, but here's Andy tripping his son on the pitch at the Stadium of Light.
https://twitter.com/SunderlandAFC/status/1119609163498135552

That’s class

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I thought Andy would be fatter

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

what is with, meaning where did it come from and what did it used to mean, when pundits/journos/etc. say "they won/loss X on the bounce/trot/etc."

i get what they're saying, but unless they're talking about specific things like new manager bounce, it's literally just "they won the last 3 games"

started to notice it a lot more and it's just an odd phrase that can't tell where it would've come from historically

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Karl Sharks posted:

what is with, meaning where did it come from and what did it used to mean, when pundits/journos/etc. say "they won/loss X on the bounce/trot/etc."

i get what they're saying, but unless they're talking about specific things like new manager bounce, it's literally just "they won the last 3 games"

started to notice it a lot more and it's just an odd phrase that can't tell where it would've come from historically

"On the trot" I believe comes from the way a horse trots. https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/on-the-trot

Similar for on the bounce but referring to something bouncing rhythmically https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-provenance-of-on-the-bounce-meaning-in-a-row

They're just synonyms for "in a row".

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
congrats Paul Doyle for being the last person to stick with the 'Messi is overrated' narrative in 2019

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Monday Bandele posted:

congrats Paul Doyle for being the last person to stick with the 'Messi is overrated' narrative in 2019

It was some of the worst contrarianism I've ever heard.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
tfs has started to overtake fw. What a sorry state of affairs

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Football Weekly is, and will always be, the only football podcast I listen to.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

oliwan posted:

Football Weekly is, and will always be, the only football podcast I listen to.

Football fans do seem prone to irrational loyalty

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mandalay posted:

Football fans do seem prone to irrational loyalty

It's literally the only bearable podcast op. But if they turn to poo poo I will stop listening the them too I guess.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
My favourite part of Thursday's football weekly was Paul Doyle unironically saying that he prefers Maradona to Messi because nowadays you're not allowed to tackle properly anymore

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Paul Doyle’s take on Messi was really weird, almost outdated.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

julian assflange posted:

Paul Doyle’s take on Messi was really weird, almost outdated.

And wrong. Everyone knows the official take is that Messi is the born with great skill one who doesn’t train. Ronaldo is the crap player who is only good because of his great work ethic and training. For proof look at their physique; Ronaldo is a athlete and Messi looks like he should be working in a cinema.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Paul Doyle is having some fun writing the Rumour Mill today:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I did think he would be revelling in it this morning especially after the last FW.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Paul Doyle is having some fun writing the Rumour Mill today:

Go off, king

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Of loving course Wilson is a Paradox game player, I should’ve seen that coming a mile away.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I did think he would be revelling in it this morning especially after the last FW.

He didn’t particularly say anything bad. Simply he prefers watching other players, whilst accepting Messi is the best. I understand that. And the screenshot you posted is quite funny.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Football Ramble Meets ... Max Rushden

Quality listen that. Interesting to hear Max’s take on the FW/Totally split, that Jimbo and Ian Macintosh waited until the start of the season hoping they could just sell or license their new podcast back to the Guardian. If true that’s a pretty funny failed coup

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Gee I might listen to that sounds good

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
There's a lot of Max rambling (heh) about his early career in radio, Talksport and Soccer AM etc, but the last half is definitely pretty solid. There's a few great moments of baiting between him and Luke too.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

webmeister posted:

There's a lot of Max rambling (heh) about his early career in radio, Talksport and Soccer AM etc, but the last half is definitely pretty solid. There's a few great moments of baiting between him and Luke too.

There’s also a great Shaun Goater/Shaun Williamson story

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Thanks for the heads up. I had unsubscribed to the ramble but enjoyed this one.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvWH4p0jeD8

This is the video Max talks about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

lol