Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/pokebeach_wpm/status/1128014492623880192?s=19 Too edgelord for me. Kinda like the eight katana vlades sticking out of his butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

less laughter posted:

now imagine how fab Armored Flygon is going to look

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://twitter.com/pokebeach_wpm/status/1128014492623880192?s=19 Too edgelord for me. Kinda like the eight katana vlades sticking out of his butt.

I'm getting digimon vibes......

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Flopsy posted:

I'm getting digimon vibes......

I've got Bingo!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mewtwo was always the original edgelord Pokemon.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
mewtwo is just a misunderstood good boy

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I just cut myself on that EDGE!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wasn't armored mewtwo just a thing in the first pokemon movie. if it was any other pokemon i'd maybe see it as gen 8 poo poo but there's precedent for this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah it's possible this doesn't tie in to Gen 8, though with them being called Sword/Shield an armor gimmick would make sense.

Dehry posted:

Metal Snake and Wood Horse legendary
Armored Mewtwo, Charizard, Flygon, Zeraora
Meltan is a part of the armored evolution and legendaries

The only post you can trust because the user didn't have a tripcode.

To be fair it's not a hard thing to predict so this is probably still bogus.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Johnny Joestar posted:

wasn't armored mewtwo just a thing in the first pokemon movie. if it was any other pokemon i'd maybe see it as gen 8 poo poo but there's precedent for this.

It wasn't that kinda armor tho. Also it was more a restraining device thingie IIRC.

Also I'll refer to it as Armor Digivolution just because it will make some people angry.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The last movies always tie into the next related gen, Movie 2 with Lugia, Movie 5 with Latis, Movies 8 and 9 with Lucario and Manaphy (Gen 4 was a long wait), Movie 13 with Zoroark, Movie 16 with Mega Mewtwo Y, Movie 19 with Magearna...

Since we're out of Mythical Pokemon bar Melmetal (which the regular anime is going towards), they gotta show off something new to promote the new games.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Just saw the Battle Factory two-parter. The actual fight was decent, but they really didn't need to stretch a single one-on-one battle into a two-parter like that. Dogasu's entry for this episode informs me that most of the other Frontier Brains will get one episode each, which is for the best if this sort of padding is the alternative. Though they could have legitimately gotten several episodes out of the Battle Factory if they'd made it a series of randomized Rental Pokemon battles like in the games. Oh well.

Edit: Though on the other hand, Rental Pokemon battles are counterthematic (the focus is supposed to be on the bond between Ash and his Pokemon), so I can see why they didn't take that approach. They could at least have made it a 3v3, though.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 13, 2019

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I hope they make a movie about Armored Mewtwo duking it out with Complete Zygarde. They don't even have to star the human characters, just one hour and a half of biomechanical monsters fighting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

Just saw the Battle Factory two-parter. The actual fight was decent, but they really didn't need to stretch a single one-on-one battle into a two-parter like that. Dogasu's entry for this episode informs me that most of the other Frontier Brains will get one episode each, which is for the best if this sort of padding is the alternative. Though they could have legitimately gotten several episodes out of the Battle Factory if they'd made it a series of randomized Rental Pokemon battles like in the games. Oh well.

Edit: Though on the other hand, Rental Pokemon battles are counterthematic (the focus is supposed to be on the bond between Ash and his Pokemon), so I can see why they didn't take that approach. They could at least have made it a 3v3, though.

I miss Rental battles in the games though. What was the last game to have them? Platinum?

EDIT: Oh poo poo they were in B&W2, shame I never played that one.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

RatHat posted:

I miss Rental battles in the games though. What was the last game to have them? Platinum?

EDIT: Oh poo poo they were in B&W2, shame I never played that one.

USUM has them for festival plaza stuff, so they pretty much only gone for gen 6.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I really want crazy mech variants to be the mega evolution or z moves of the generation. I'm not sure how they'd be distinct from mega evolutions but they're just so cooool!

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I liked N (slightly) more before you find out he's the leader of Team Plasma

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I think he's more of a figurehead.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Beachcomber posted:

I think he's more of a figurehead.

I only finished Driftveil City recently, so I'm not nearly done with the game yet

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I ran into Team Flare. They want to make it so they're the only happy people in the world? What are they, the Republican Party????

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Gripweed posted:

I ran into Team Flare. They want to make it so they're the only happy people in the world? What are they, the Republican Party????

They're fascists.

Welcome to Poke-france where everyone's a collaborator and justice doesn't matter.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They're fascists.

Welcome to Poke-france where everyone's a collaborator and justice doesn't matter.

There is one option.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

There's a reason my water type in Y was Robespierre the Crawdaunt.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Legit hype for Gen 9 and Warp Trade Evolve.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zedd posted:

Legit hype for Gen 9 and Warp Trade Evolve.

Is that where you trade 2 Pokemon and some teleporter accident combines them into a horrible abomination? Basically Pokemon Fusion but ingame.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hmm. So... Detective Pikachu the game is even less subtle about the foreshadowing, huh?

Oh Harry always loved his coffee. Harry loved his sweets, too! Too bad about Harry... Oh, Pikachu! Get out of the sweets! I swear, he was never like that before Harry disappeared. ... He never drank coffee, either.

Gee, I wonder.

Oh also I just finished the bit in the lab. I was happy to see a person of color! Hey, good job, game! A black man just doing normal things. That's nice. Oh... he's the dirtbag who slipped R to the Trevenant to make it go crazy. Great. Good job, game.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
A Pokémon-related thing with a predictable plot, imagine that.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Were they coordinating with pokeRussia then clumsily trying to cover it up?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mega Lopunny’s design is...problematic

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
we should have kinkshamed gamefreak a long time ago. now it's too late!!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Not one of you talking about how armored Mewtwo has a buster Canon on his left arm? For shame.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/yourfavisbald2/status/1123814275502493701

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
The Detective Pikachu twist is kind of guessable by reading a one paragraph summary of the plot. It's not the most shocking.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Farecoal posted:

we should have kinkshamed gamefreak a long time ago. now it's too late!!

In G7 we got one, not two, but three sexy femdoms who will stomp on your face and call you a sick gently caress!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

In G7 we got one, not two, but three sexy femdoms who will stomp on your face and call you a sick gently caress!

Lady Firelizard, Cherry Crush, and American Dancebird?

I know you probably meant Mistress of knives.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Salazzle, Tsareena, and Pheromosa were the ones I was thinking of.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Getting a female Salandit with a decent nature definitely made me want to stop someone's face, that's for sure.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I get Salandit and Combee having weird gender ratios since they have a gimmick going on there, but why do Eevee and the starters have so few females?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To make it harder to breed more of them without a ditto.