Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

rickiep00h posted:

For the record, "God Hates a Coward" is a shitload of fun to play on the guitar. My band when I was in/got suspended from my first stint in college played it and lemme tell ya it's an adventure figuring out those lyrics.

edit: Last I heard he's doing a few Mondo Cane shows again this summer, but I don't really keep up beyond a general idea of what he's up to.
You think that's something? Lemme tell you about trying to sing Tool lyrics without the liner notes before the internet was a thing. I hang my head in shame at the stupid poo poo we thought were the lyrics to Eulogy and Sinkfist. You think the actual lyrics are bad, let me tell you about... um no it hurts too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Jason Sextro posted:

I think that's called a line cliche?

Line cliche from what I remember is keeping the chord (mostly) the same while you descend on the bottom note.

Examples: Stairway, While my guitar gently weeps, Something (George Harrison was fond of it), Champagne Supernova.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

stillvisions posted:

Line cliche from what I remember is keeping the chord (mostly) the same while you descend on the bottom note.

Examples: Stairway, While my guitar gently weeps, Something (George Harrison was fond of it), Champagne Supernova.

in a line cliche you can descend or ascend on any voice, as long as the rest of the harmony is static. The Bond theme is the most classic example, and that's the top voice moving. It seems to usually be either the top or bottom voice mind you.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

If you don't get it immediately, the stupid isn't his troubleshooting

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Niiiiice

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny Nox posted:

If you don't get it immediately, the stupid isn't his troubleshooting

Is it goatse?

edit: Oh, now I see the funny bit. :blush:

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 13, 2019

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Judging by the title, it's close but not quite.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I love this

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Dunable made a guitar you can smoke weed out of in case any any of you weren’t aware.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
do you know how long i spent looking at those diagrams before i caught it

ffs

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The finest of tastes.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I didn't know Kurt Eichenwald was into pedals

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I don't know what the hell this is about but I'm pretty sure it belongs in this thread:
https://reverb.com/item/17839911-collection-ghosts-of-1969-death

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
[galaxy brain] building pedals one-handed

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Krustic posted:

Dunable made a guitar you can smoke weed out of in case any any of you weren’t aware.
See? This is why Pike should ditch Gibson.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Anime Reference posted:

I don't know what the hell this is about but I'm pretty sure it belongs in this thread:

That dubstep video really sold me on it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anime Reference posted:

That headstock is miserable.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

That headstock is miserable.
I think I've seen a Schecter with a headstock that is like 1/10 as ugly as this and I still cringe. That is fugly beyond words.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wark Say posted:

I think I've seen a Schecter with a headstock that is like 1/10 as ugly as this and I still cringe. That is fugly beyond words.

If you put your ear up to it you can hear it beg “kill... me!”

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

iirc there was a gbs thread about him and every horrible decision he's made from his hideous guitars, his lovely srv wannabe songs, and his literal horse teeth veneers... and then it was made loving magical by him registering an account trying to defend his honor

e: can't find the thread, but there are 3 video's i found that were posted in that thread
https://vimeo.com/101610459
https://vimeo.com/101610458
https://vimeo.com/101610457

Gringostar fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 14, 2019

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Anime Reference posted:

me: lmao that looks terrible

*sees the price*

:psypop:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
given the woodstock "hippy generation" were mainly a bunch of privileged shits who sucked up all the planet's resources and have basically doomed the rest of us to ecological collapse and probably another century of global conflict it's appropriate to celebrate that with a grotesque shitpiece with a ludicrous asking price

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Check his other listings.. There's 29 of them. And his store description is uuuhh.. unique.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Muppets On PCP posted:

given the woodstock "hippy generation" were mainly a bunch of privileged shits who sucked up all the planet's resources and have basically doomed the rest of us to ecological collapse and probably another century of global conflict it's appropriate to celebrate that with a grotesque shitpiece with a ludicrous asking price

The entire “our generation grew up and became Good Capitalist Hard Workers” is mostly a boomer lie tbh there are still a ton of awesome old hippies who haven’t become poo poo humans

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Anime Reference posted:

"If I sell lemonade for $1 a cup and sell 100 a day for ten days, I could make $1,000!
Wait a second, I could just price lemonade at $1,000 a cup and then I'd only have to sell 1!
Oh wait... people might not want to pay that much. Better, I don't know, pour it into a purple glass or some poo poo."

lol what a complete rear end in a top hat.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If you put your ear up to it you can hear it beg “kill... me!”
...please :qq:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If this video has been posted before then it's about time it was reposted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt1fOT5b9Wc

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's Pokey A, right?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Heh yeah it is. Dude plays good music and has good taste but I do not abide that lack of hearing protection.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lol this is a goon and a cool one too

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
When in doubt, stand out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

stillvisions posted:

When in doubt, stand out.

You think any of those band members in that festival will look at that totally illegible mess of logos all lined up next to each other like that and think "ok wow that's loving retarded, I can't even find my own band name in all this poo poo, maybe we should change something" or do you think they'll just laugh it off and pat themselves on the back for being True Warriors of Metal because their names make it literally impossible to find out more about the band even if you like them.

Besides Party Cannon obviously. Those guys are going places.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I hang out on a discord channel with someone who worked on that poster and they're a bit miffed someone went and coloured the poster to make Party Cannon pop like that. This is the actual poster:

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

Siivola posted:

I hang out on a discord channel with someone who worked on that poster and they're a bit miffed someone went and coloured the poster to make Party Cannon pop like that. This is the actual poster:

Fair. I had wondered about the coloring, especially if they had printed it out. I did find a reddit post where purportedly the guitar player commented so I took that as confirmation. Still funny even without the coloring.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GreatGreen posted:

You think any of those band members in that festival will look at that totally illegible mess of logos all lined up next to each other like that and think "ok wow that's loving retarded, I can't even find my own band name in all this poo poo, maybe we should change something" or do you think they'll just laugh it off and pat themselves on the back for being True Warriors of Metal because their names make it literally impossible to find out more about the band even if you like them.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It me, and yeah its going around the internet again, I had 200 facebook friend requests when I woke up this morning.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The color version is more fun. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Cattle Decapitation are fun and I love them live.