Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

We were making birds out of clay and the teacher tried to explain how to make a tail without thinking about what she said:
"What grows out of the bird's butt?"
"POOP!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My coworker brought her tortoise to my class a couple weeks ago. The first thing it did was poo poo all over her. My kids, bless them, were remarkably restrained. There is NOTHING they find as funny as poop. She also brought in a guinea pig. The guinea pig so enchanted the entire class that they made HIM thank-you cards, and not Ms. R. They really loved the loving guinea pig. This will be important later.

I asked them to write about the visit the next day, with sentence prompts like "I learned..." and "My favorite thing was..." and so on. A1, naturally, wrote "My favorite thing was when the turtle do a poo-poo on Ms. R." Thank you, A1.

Yesterday, my coworker came to me in great distress. A1, when asked to describe his dream vacation, said he would go to Peru and kill "all the people of Peru." I had to admit that it was my fault- I had told the class that people sometimes eat guinea pigs in Peru. A1 took it very hard.

M has started describing anything he doesn't like as a "cacapeepeeculopiss" and tbh I'm not even mad. It's just a really, really good profanity.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
One of the preschoolers I work with stroked my tattoo and said, "Did you do that by yourself?"

Nope, I went to a shop and a man did it. I probably shouldn't do that by myself.

"Like the hairdressers. I probably shouldn't do that by myself. :("

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

eating only apples posted:

One of the preschoolers I work with stroked my tattoo and said, "Did you do that by yourself?"

Nope, I went to a shop and a man did it. I probably shouldn't do that by myself.

"Like the hairdressers. I probably shouldn't do that by myself. :("

It sounds like the kid learned that with personal experience.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

G4: (in Spanish) "MS. FLETA!!!!!! I LOOKED AT A PICTURE OF A SHARK'S BUTTHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Okay, who else immediately Googled “shark cloaca” and then was slightly disappointed?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Fleta, sometimes I wonder. Just what is it with your kids and sharks.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

butthole shark doo doo doo doo doo doo

Another G4 quote, which he proudly delivered only in English:

"Ms. Fleta! You are the poopoo! I want touch your bum!"

..........ooooooooooooooooookay.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
If I'm parsing that right, G4 thinks you are the poo poo. That kind of flattering. Well, bar the butt touching, I guess, but that might also be flattering? I dunno. Euro is weird.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The butt touching has been epidemic lately. As a result, they now understand that molestar is not a cognate.

"Ms. Fleta, he's molesting me!!!"
Are you sure?
"Oh. He's BOTHERING ME! Also he is molesting my eyes with his culo gordo!!!!"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

Fleta, sometimes I wonder. Just what is it with your kids and sharks.

A1, being the loudest and most charismatic member of the class, is scared of The Meg and as a result they have all become obsessed. Don't tell them I have a whole Science period about Megalodon planned for Friday!

A1 will beg me to put pictures on sharks on Google Images, then will stand away from me and not look at them. But if I close the window and he notices, he gets super angry and insists I reopen it. He's moving on to Pokemon now, so hopefully his plan to make a book about every Pokemon will overcome his need to know that shark pictures exist.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

A1, being the loudest and most charismatic member of the class, is scared of The Meg and as a result they have all become obsessed. Don't tell them I have a whole Science period about Megalodon planned for Friday!

A1 will beg me to put pictures on sharks on Google Images, then will stand away from me and not look at them. But if I close the window and he notices, he gets super angry and insists I reopen it. He's moving on to Pokemon now, so hopefully his plan to make a book about every Pokemon will overcome his need to know that shark pictures exist.

Watch it all come crashing down the moment he encounters a Sharpedo.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
A pretty good article

I have become that person, the person who "says "I read an article about that, I'll send it to you."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The kids have begun to ask if the stuffed animals at the kindergarten has facebook accounts:corsair:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That sounds like a learning opportunity

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

G4: "Miss Fleta, you want sleep with me?"
ME: "The fu--" *I notice he has rolled himself up in the reading corner rug like a little burrito* "Uh, no, thanks. It's time for Social Studies."
G4: "Oh. Okay. Can you do the work of A1 so he can sleep with me?"

e: The first two lines of every student's current favorite song translate roughly to "Hey, Donald Trump, you are fat and stupid and you don't speak Catalan" and tbh it's pretty great.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 15:41 on May 21, 2019

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Okay, so it turns out that M, A1, G2, and G3 wrote the "Donald Trump Song," of which they are very proud. With the assistance of A1, I have attempted to transcribe it:

Havana Donald Trump
Es gordo y feo y no sabe Catalan
Es vegetariano porque es un tirano
Tiene el culo demasiado gordo para matar
Havana Donald Trump
Se tira un pedo y lo sube a Instagram
Se chupa el pene y se pone a cagar
Y pobrecito Goyo que explota como un globo
Havana Donald Trump
Sus sucriptores le dicen guaro.

Havana Donald Trump
He is fat and ugly and does not know Catalan
He is vegetarian because he is a tyrant
His rear end is too fat to kill
Havana Donald Trump
He farts and uploads it to Instagram
He sucks his penis and starts to poo poo
And poor G2 who explodes like a balloon
Havana Donald Trump
Your subscribers call you stupid.

I should be angry about the language, but they didn't invent it at school, so I just banned two lines and they have to hum that part. It was very, very hard not to laugh.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Fleta, your stories never fail to brighten my day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I'm pretty sure those kids are cspam posters

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

:vince: Havana Donald Trump :imunfunny: :trumppop:

loving love this and love your weird lil charges - idk if it's a Latinx thing but this kind of word play and humour and general weirdness reminds me of the Latinx kids I grew up with. Except they're not bullying me :(

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

No, Fleta just has a talent for running into weird-rear end kids. Spanish, in this case, not Latin American.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Okay, so it turns out that M, A1, G2, and G3 wrote the "Donald Trump Song," of which they are very proud. With the assistance of A1, I have attempted to transcribe it:

Havana Donald Trump
Es gordo y feo y no sabe Catalan
Es vegetariano porque es un tirano
Tiene el culo demasiado gordo para matar
Havana Donald Trump
Se chupa el pene y se pone a cagar
Y pobrecito Goyo que explota como un globo
Havana Donald Trump
Sus sucriptores le dicen guaro.

Havana Donald Trump
He is fat and ugly and does not know Catalan
He is vegetarian because he is a tyrant
His rear end is too fat to kill
Havana Donald Trump
He sucks his penis and starts to poo poo
And poor G2 who explodes like a balloon
Havana Donald Trump
Your subscribers call you stupid.

I should be angry about the language, but they didn't invent it at school, so I just banned two lines and they have to hum that part. It was very, very hard not to laugh.

Please do the needful and link their Soundcloud.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cardiovorax posted:

No, Fleta just has a talent for running into weird-rear end kids. Spanish, in this case, not Latin American.

I think these kids would fight you for calling them Spanish instead of Catalan.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

...you know, you're probably right about that.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

To be honest, one nice thing about working in an international school here is being able to sidestep the independinista* stuff a bit. I disagree with them using Catalan as the language of instruction in public schools- there are a LOT of people in Catalunya who are not native Catalan speakers, and while I absolutely understand the choice, I do not agree because Latinx students from other countries are FURTHER marginalized, and there is already drat well enough of that. But this is a thread for cute poo poo, not political poo poo that I am in no way qualified to or deserving of the freedom to comment on.

* I might be spelling this wrong, but I just got home (it's 7:30) so gently caress it.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Even as a joke, can you loving not?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What is that even supposed to be a reference to?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
chris hansen as in bad taste especially for this thread pedo "joke".

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What is that even supposed to be a reference to?

The host of a TV show about entrapping potential child molesters, because it's hilarious to suggest that people who work with children are predators, you see.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Sorry I’m a bit out of the loop - but could somebody explain what pedo means? Idgi :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Someone else posted it in the K-12 teaching thread.

Sorry, guys, I don't feel comfortable posting in this thread anymore.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Someone also posted it in the PYF Most bachelor moments thread. :confused:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wtf is going on

and please dont leave fleta :(

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
There's a recent comment in GBS about posting that gif to troll people

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
This is why we can't have nice things :smithfrog:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Norwegian words for break and hotdog kinda sounds the same (pølse/pause) especially If Norwegian is your second language. So some kids think that the reason why we go to the breakroom is to eat hotdogs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

It's not???

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
backstory: about a year ago I left the job where I worked with kids about a year ago, because I was moving. Had one of those conversations with the kids where you're about to cry because you're going to not see these wonderful tiny people anymore, and they don't really understand time well enough to feel bad. At the end of the day I'd always say to each one "Bye {name}, I love you, and be good."

Yesterday I was at a restaurant, and I saw one of those kids. He was so excited to see me and we had one of those conversations where he excitedly tells you everything that has happened since we last saw each other (read: everything that happened in the past three days, because time is a strange thing for kids), which really isn't the topic for the thread.

No, what feels important is that when he had to leave, he had me kneel down. Then he hugged me and, wagging his finger at me like he's making a formal list of demands, and said "Bye {Bibs}. Be good. Love you."

Lost it for the rest of the night. Goddrat I miss those kids :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Alhazred posted:

The Norwegian words for break and hotdog kinda sounds the same (pølse/pause) especially If Norwegian is your second language. So some kids think that the reason why we go to the breakroom is to eat hotdogs.

Get one of those gas-station hot dog rotisserie machines for the break room. Live the dream.