Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Patware posted:

"behold, my extremely legal punch. i call it the neck spiral of the reaper because it twists your neck around 720 degrees and you loving die" *extremely hitman style noise*

I want this to happen so bad, including naming the punch. I'm going to be disappointed if Mashiba doesn't just loving brutalise this chump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Are robots known for cheating though

Why did he have to shut off his emotions to commit fouls

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he had to shut off his emotions so he could stumblefuck through mashiba's flickers without deciding to do something easier and less painful like rose gardening or enlisting with a PMC

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Guilt is an emotion.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Next chapter we learn Mashiba's actually shaking with laughter

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

he couldn't execute cuz mashiba was inflicting a shitload of pain onto him and the idea of him "shutting off" his pain is both kinda ridiculous but also a bit interesting? i don't know what mori wants us to think here exactly when earlier i was pretty confident

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Dias posted:

Guilt is an emotion.

Iga's a huge piece of poo poo tho

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Iga is supposed to just ignore his pain, fear, worries, and anger. He is just supposed to ignore anything that can cause him to deviate from his trainer's plan.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mashiba is going to reach zen enlightenment after beating Iga to a bloody pulp

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Is this all so Kumi can see the love that Mashiba is getting and have a moment of "boxing ain't for the devil, it's for my Ryo/Ippo" :kimchi:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
a new chapter came out, i thought somebody posted about it already

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Seems like he's in control

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.mangareader.net/hajime-no-ippo/1260

Link for the chapter.

And it's on break for next chapter.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 23, 2019

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

A little hamfisted, but I'm satisfied with this series of events.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Anytime we pause during a fight to remember that Kimura x Mashiba was the best fight of the series, I'm willing to let a lot slide.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
New Chapter(1261): https://readms.net/r/hajime_no_ippo/1261/5868/1

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Good chapter, good fight overall

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
gently caress yeah. Mashiba did it clean and basically pummeled that dude to death. He’s grown a bit.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
That was an extremely good fight, the pacing of it was all correct, and the conclusion made me go "gently caress yeah."

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Please have more fights like this Morikowa, this poo poo was great.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

like slipping into a warm bath of punches once again

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

Please have more fights like this Morikowa, this poo poo was great.

I sadly see more Aokimura slapfights and Takamura being Takamura in our future.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

That was one of the best fights in ages. It didn't drag on the action was top notch and it was great to see mashiba show what he's evolved into.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He's always been my favorite of the rival-ish characters. Cool face.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
sendou is the best rival because he's a competent ippo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

That was one of the best fights in ages. It didn't drag on the action was top notch and it was great to see mashiba show what he's evolved into.

Yeah, was like the last Vorg fight.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Notorious ZSB posted:

:hai:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

sendou is the best rival because he's a competent ippo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Sendou seems destined to get utterly shithoused at some point. Basically anyone who stays in Ippo's weight class and goes on ahead will either become an obstacle that Ippo needs to beat, or get utterly murdered in the ring at some point.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://readms.net/r/hajime_no_ippo/1262/5884/1

devilman mashiba

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ah so the final fight of this series is gonna be miyata vs mashiba round 2 very good

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Can't believe Iga rode off on a motorcycle.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Ippo forgot the one rule of (boxing) nature:

punch or be punchen

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

No Ippo, punch before getting punched wasn't the first thing the Coach taught you.

The first thing he taught you was to put your face on Miyata's fist and then punch him.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

kamogawa just standing in the background "couldn't be me, sorry, don't know what to tell you"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hajime no Ippo, year 30, chapter 1263: Today I learned that fundamentals are important!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ippo, tearfully: if only I hadn't forgotten how to punch

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you mean there's punches other than the Dempsey Roll, Liver Blow, and Gazelle Punch? wtf why did no one tell me this!?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God the coach sucks so much at his job. Why yes Ippo there is another arm that could be used!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I feel like it's especially stupid because ippo watched boxing videos of his opponents' fights all the time when he was still active and they also used the mythical left arm