Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
if that kid had responded with compassion and the community rallied behind them the victim could have turned their life around. but because they responded to a cry for help with violence the child grew depressed and septic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Barudak posted:

Not a reddit post, it was a vice article. Search for "My Grandmother the Poisoner"

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with that family that they all just kept visiting this woman that they knew was poisoning them?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Auto Level Yoshi posted:

So youre stating that by me saying youre a stupid oval office, legally speaking ive just sexually harassed you?
If you did it at work, yes. That's grounds for a sex harassment lawsuit.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My boyfriend [31M] asked me [33F] to choose between him and my late husband in the afterlife.
Relationships
Basically the title. I'm 33F, my boyfriend is 31M, my late husband was 32M.

I was with my late husband for 3 years but we had known each other since we were 15. He was my first true love and we reconnected some time later. I loved him desperately and 2 years ago he passed away very unexpectedly. It's been very hard to move on with my life but I met my boyfriend last summer and things have been going great. (We've been together almost a year.)

My boyfriend knows everything about my late husband and up until recently he's been very understanding and patient. I made it clear when we started dating that it was very difficult to "move on" and that I would always love my late husband. When we first started dating I'm sure I talked about him a lot because I was still grieving pretty heavily but as time has passed I learned to curb talking about him too much as sometimes it hurt my boyfriend's feelings.

The other night we were in bed and I could tell something was bothering him. I pressed, and finally he got very emotional and said he wanted to ask me something but he knew it was "selfish and irrational and stupid" and that it would make me very upset. But seeing this thing was weighing on him so heavily I told him to go ahead.

He's an emotional guy when he gets upset but he was full-blown crying when he asked me, apropos of nothing -- we hadn't talked about my late husband AT ALL in recent memory, and as far as I know nothing came up that would warrant this -- "If you had to choose in the afterlife between me and [husband], who would you pick?"

I was pretty shocked and took a minute to answer. My first response was "I think that's a hard question because you know I'm an atheist and I don't believe in an afterlife." He said "I know."

I went on to give as honest of an answer as I could, which was that I love my late husband very much but I love him too and that ultimately he is the one I'm with. It's not like I had an option between my boyfriend and my husband, but I DID have an option of whether to choose anyone ever again, and I chose him (despite not even wanting to date anyone when we met.) I said we should focus on the present and the future and that I was so lucky to have him, which I guess in the end isn't really an answer to his question.

That seemed to satisfy him and he calmed down but now I'm feeling very weird about the whole thing. I think it was a very unfair question to ask, because how am I supposed to pick between the love I lost and the love I found? I don't think I should have to. And the whole idea of "whose table in Heaven are you going to sit at" seems incredibly juvenile and stupid.

I love my boyfriend very much and I'm looking forward to our future together but I'm not sure how to proceed. It's hard for him to open up about deeply emotional things so I think it would be counterproductive to be upset with him for this question but I also don't want to be put in that position ever again. I don't want to have to "choose." I want to still be able to wear my husband's old t-shirts if I feel like it, enjoy the movies and songs we enjoyed together, have memories of him around that make me smile without worrying it's going to destroy my boyfriend emotionally.

It's obviously a sensitive subject so how do I approach this with him, and how do I deal with my feelings of how unfair it is and how I don't want to choose between the two of them?

TL;DR:

My boyfriend asked me to choose between him and my dead husband in the afterlife. I don't want to choose but I gave him an answer about how much I loved him but will always love my late husband as well. I feel weird and upset that he asked me this question and put me in this position but I don't know how to talk to him about it without making him shut down emotionally in the future.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Pretty unreasonable either way, how does she know she'll even have the time to spend with her spouses when she's busy pushing boulders all day in Hell?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you arent praying, giving to charity, and doing good works to ensure you go to heaven to eiffel tower your wife with her dead husband why do you even believe in god?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hey, I know you don't believe in ghosts, but would you still let me watch you shower if I died and became a ghost?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao remember that story about the guy who spilled ink over his nazi brother's painting of Hitler?

I got banned from AITA for a month for congratulating him and saying nazis deserve to be punched, under the ruling that I was encouraging violence. So for a larf I messaged the AITA moderation team.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

cumshitter posted:

Lmao remember that story about the guy who spilled ink over his nazi brother's painting of Hitler?

I got banned from AITA for a month for congratulating him and saying nazis deserve to be punched, under the ruling that I was encouraging violence. So for a larf I messaged the AITA moderation team.

Laffo

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Beachcomber posted:

Fetish fuel

AITA for threatening to shrink my little sister?

little sister grows up with a vore fetish but she wants to be the one eatting people.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

cumshitter posted:

Thus is awesome. Thanks for bringing it to the thread.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This was posted this morning but deleted, try to read as much of this as you can before checking the name.

You will regret using me 😈

u/thatMGTOWguy

quote:

Just broke up with her after wasting around 3 years of my life. And it wasn’t even a proper relationship. Almost relationship, confused attraction knowing we had no future. She refused to stand up for me in front of her family and married someone of her family’s choice. I was ready to fight for her and stand up to everyone involved.

Right now, my education has taken a hit and I need another year to complete it. I’m broke and a nobody. While she is enjoying her life, she is on her honeymoon in Bali with her husband. My self esteem is completely shot. I cry randomly during the day. I sometimes stay awake till 4 am thinking about her. I feel angry and used. I have graphic images of them having sex and it’s uncontrollable.

But I’m going to make her regret what she missed out on. Who she played with. I behaved very erratically. First, I got mad at her, then again normal, then again blocked her, then unblocked her and was being desperate yesterday. But it’s all only now, yes I’m following her on social media and she is too. I was the closest to her more than any of her friends. She tells me everything about her life and I can’t wait to hear all her lovely stories about her life ahead and derive pleasure out of it.

The guy she picked is fat and middle class. She wasn’t even ready for marriage at such young age (23) but her parents forced her to marry and she picked him over me. She is emotionally manipulative and while they were engaged, they had pretty nasty fights, almost called off things. They even fought on the day of their marriage. She’s a narcissist and she will resent him because he doesn’t take poo poo like I did for her and calls her out on it. And this upsets her ego massively lol. Or she will manipulate him too and I pity the guy. Just waiting to see the shitshow ahead that is married life. I’m gonna work hard and be so rich. Not just middle class. I’ll beat them. I will live a life that most can only dream of.

I don’t want anymore love or any of that feelings. I’m done with emotions. I won’t marry. I’m gonna focus on my life and money. I just want to gently caress and that I will achieve. Remember, your exes are lovely people and no matter where they go, they’ll take their lovely selves with them and won’t be happy for long. I too was heartbroken and came on this sub and read stories and cried but not anymore. I’m not gonna sit and wallow in self pity. I want her to see just how far I go and what she could have with me but well her loss.

Maybe I’ll gently caress her later when she is bored of her married life and wants some adventure. Or maybe I won’t. I don’t care but my life is going to better than her for sure.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Speaking of nazis...

I (20F) think I might be dating a neonazi? And I'm Jewish?

quote:

The title pretty much says it all, but I've been seeing someone for a few weeks now. We'll call him Kyle (19M). We aren't officially together but we text quite frequently and he asks me to hang out often, though I'm a student and have two jobs so I haven't been able to see him more than a few times. He doesn't work or go to school so he has a lot more free time than I do.

He likes having "deep" conversations and he keeps sending me long messages but I'm too busy to write long replies most of the time, so Sunday night I told him I'd come over to his house and we could talk for a bit. I don't entirely remember how we came to this topic, but he started talking about how people in power decide what we believe and that we should question what we're taught. I kind of agreed but I asked him what he meant by that, and he said that one example was that the Holocaust didn't actually happen... I hadn't heard this before and was very thrown off. He said that it was all a scheme by Jewish people to be able to create Israel, which was when I realized it was a conspiracy theory.

I knew about the theory that Jews were conspiring to take over the world, but I didn't know people thought that the Nazis didn't actually kill them. Thankfully he didn't make me give my views on it but he told me he would send me some links so I could learn about it and we could talk about it next time. Yesterday he sent me the links and I started to look into it on my own and read about how there are a bunch of people who deny the Holocaust happened and most are actually antisemitic. It's apparently common among extremists/the alt right/neonazis, I don't know the difference.

Here's the thing, I'm Jewish. I'm secular so it isn't a big part of my life but he doesn't know that. Does this definitely mean that he is antisemitic, or are there "deniers" who don't hate Jews and are just naive? If this does mean he's a neonazi should I be worried?? Are these people usually violent? I obviously have no qualms over ending things with him if this is the case, but I feel like he'll know this is the reason and ask about it if I randomly tell him I don't want to see him anymore. I'm just super worried especially because he knows where I live, work, and go to school. Maybe I'm reading too much into this but advice anyone can give would be appreciated!!!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Power Khan posted:

My boyfriend [31M] asked me [33F] to choose between him and my late husband in the afterlife.
Relationships
Basically the title. I'm 33F, my boyfriend is 31M, my late husband was 32M.

TL;DR:

My boyfriend asked me to choose between him and my dead husband in the afterlife. I don't want to choose but I gave him an answer about how much I loved him but will always love my late husband as well. I feel weird and upset that he asked me this question and put me in this position but I don't know how to talk to him about it without making him shut down emotionally in the future.

This guy is forging new realms in stupid, juvenile, hypothetical questions.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tactlessbastard posted:

It's not new, sadly. I've heard this one before.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fil5000 posted:

Smashmouth

Hendren invented the egg challenge.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

cumshitter posted:

Truly the hero we need. Also, can you confirm from earlier- someone said cum is a fruit & not dairy, is that right?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Who eats six eggs at a sitting?!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DemoneeHo posted:

Speaking of nazis...

Didn't we have one of these where the girl was the nazi and the guy was Jewish?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MightyJoe36 posted:

Didn't we have one of these where the girl was the nazi and the guy was Jewish?

Yes, and while you think "hey if they break up and date the other partner this could all work out" you'd be wrong because you didn't end that sentence by saying "and of course I'd ensure the Nazi couple take a long walk off a short pier"

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
Is cheating for money cheating? Is there anything like "justified cheating"?

quote:

**TL;DR;** : My girlfriend cheated on me with her ex for money to pay for the university. Cheating or not?

To make it clear I have to describe the situation in more detailed way so hold on.

First of all, my girlfriend's background. She grew up in a bad family. Her parents divorced, her father didnt love her (she didnt have any contact with him after divorce), her selfish and irresponsible mother neglected her, didnt pay any attention because she was always busy or "busy" ( I dont know every detail). Her sisters were mocking her saying that she is ugly (she wasnt/isnt); she was lonely her whole life and cries when she talks about her past. All this experience (and more) made her weak, lack of self-confidence, see and treat herself bad way (worthless), she doesnt know what it exactly means "to love" and it isnt easy for her to trust others. She wasnt/isnt assertive in 87% so some people were pushing and manipulating her and she couldnt disagree because she didnt want to break the mood or be rude. About her mother... Except the fact that she is irresponsible, childish and selfish, she didnt care about my girlfriend's needs ( especially emotional). Her mother and sisters didnt have good influence on her. She lived with her "family" because she had no other so she was imitating them. Her mother was with a married man, my gielfriend's ex was also a married guy. And here we get to the main point.

We are together now for about 1.5 year. At the beginning of this year I found out that she cheated on me with her ex one month after she agreed to be with me (in general she hates him or at least dislikes very very much. He treated her bad way but somehow she couldnt break up with him). At the time she was about to finish the university which wasnt cheap. She needed money to pay her last tuition fee. Her mother was always paying for this but this time she didnt pay. The mother ignored (or didnt "notice") warning from the university about the fee. The deadline to pay was in a few days but her mother didnt have any money left because it turned out that she wasted everything she inherited after her parents. If my girlfriend didnt pay for it then those 3 years of studying would be lost. She didnt have much time so she needed to find money quickly. I offered her help but she refused it ( I have to add that we were in a loooong distant relationship at the time). She didnt trust me at the time and was afraid that I refuse to help her (although I suggested help first). I will try to make it short now. Her mother told her to ask her ex for money. She didnt want to meet him at all but she thought that she has no choice (she already had a loan, borrowed money from sister). She met him (after our conversation about cheating - oh irony) one day to borrow money. They were hugging and kissing at the station and later had lunch together. She had to pretend to like him because otherwise he wouldnt give her the money. He even drew some creepy picture about giving money. So, she got the money and they split up. However, later he was texting her and moaning that she met him only for money or something. She felt bad about it so she went to meet him again after work. They didnt go to hotel but other, lets say, "more public place" so they couldnt have sex. However, he was touching her and wanted to kiss etc. but she didnt want to. Finally, he started to cry or something and then she did a handjob for him "to calm him down". After that she went home. He had to go back to his wife as well. She felt depressed (Im not sure why though because she didnt perceive it as cheating). He was texting her all the time, even few months later (he stopped in the summer) although she didnt want to talk with him. They met again in March just once but according to my girlfriend, they met, ate dinner(?), had quarrel and nothing else happened. She said that there was no sex (except that one handjob) but if she had to have sex, then she would do it <Short info about whether she said truth or not about sex: I told her that if she lies to me then everytime she hears "I love you" from me, she should hear it as "I hate you" because I "unconsciously" hate her - yeah, Im cruel but I had to>.

Now when we talk about it, she doesnt regret it, doesnt feel sorry for me, it doesnt make her sad. It is fine for her. She doesnt perceive it as cheating too because she didnt have any feelings (although her intuition was telling her for a moment that maybe she should be with him again) and did this only because of money. Actually, it would never happen if it wasnt for her stupid mother. I can understand her situaion but it still hurts me. I want to trust her too but sometimes I cant. She never cheated on me nor talk with other guys (except for that one situation with ex). We are doing pretty well now but for me cheating is cheating.

What do you think about it? Is this cheating for you? Is this cheating justified? Is there anything like "justified cheating"? I know this post is long but if I just said that she did this for money with her ex then it would be put out from the context (I wrote a lot but still not sure if I didnt forget about anything).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She cheated on you dude. All these words you wrote in defense of her and her actions are as wasteful as bitcoin.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

if that kid had responded with compassion and the community rallied behind them the victim could have turned their life around. but because they responded to a cry for help with violence the child grew depressed and septic.

Thanks for the obligatory scorching hot take.

Whatever pushed that kid to suicide it wasn't another kid defending people from him.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

DemoneeHo posted:

Speaking of nazis...

"Is there a possibility my neo-Nazi boyfriend doesn't hate Jewish people?" Is a strong question

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grape posted:

Thanks for the obligatory scorching hot take.

Whatever pushed that kid to suicide it wasn't another kid defending people from him.

Even if it did, where the gently caress are the accountable adults here?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

welcome to hell posted:

Oh, no, in that case it's not cheating, of course not. Anything else? Sounds like a wonderful relationship

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

welcome to hell posted:

Your girlfriend is a prostitute. HTH.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

MasBrillante posted:

Even if it did, where the gently caress are the accountable adults here?

lmao

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It was an extremely rhetorical question, yeah.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not new, sadly. I've heard this one before.

this poo poo is especially baffling because it's one of the only parts of the mechanics of afterlife that's explicitly addressed in the Bible!

Matthew 22:23-30 posted:

That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. Finally, the woman died. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

But Jesus answered them, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

therobit posted:

Your girlfriend is a prostitute. HTH.

Paradoxically, if the money was in exchange for cheating and not for the sex, then she's not a prostitute, however, the sex was cheating and the bargain was also cheating.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

welcome to hell posted:

"I won't take money from my current boyfriend, but I will gently caress my ex boyfriend for money."

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

welcome to hell posted:

I was a bit on edge because that first paragraph sure made it sound like she was coerced into sex and he wanted an excuse to resent her for it, but nope, thankfully it's just a trainwreck of an online relationship.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I was a bit on edge because that first paragraph sure made it sound like she was coerced into sex and he wanted an excuse to resent her for it, but nope, thankfully it's just a trainwreck of an online relationship.

If she were coerced into cheating, it's still cheating. She put herself in the situation to ask ask the ex for money, and did not accept the money offered by her current boyfriend.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

Speaking of nazis...

Dump him, get a new boyfriend, and then let your nazi-ex know that the Jews have replaced him.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Yeah, that wasn’t even prostitution. She was offered money, refused it, asked ex for money, got it, THEN went on further dates and cheated.

Like, she’s somehow worse at being a prostitute than he is a john. :psyduck:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

cumshitter posted:

Thank you for sharing this, this owns

DemoneeHo posted:

sounds like he should learn from this guy:

(M28)Dick feels huge after break up with gf

Just break up with 3 girlfriends to have a monster sized dick

That's what happens when your dick isn't constantly being worn down by vagina acid

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

welcome to hell posted:

All of these stories, especially the ones that don't make any sense remind me of my very early 20s. I had friends that would narrate entire stories just like this one. Usually it came down to ''relationships'' that were completely one sided so the women just did whatever and had no issue telling them about it (''Oh yeah I met my ex the other day and we went to the park and I sucked his dick in the public bathroom") and the dude is so delusional he won't say anything but then cry about it and analyze it for a few months.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So, do people who think it's a date to go out to dinner with a friend of the opposite gender also think it's a date when a bi person goes out to dinner with a friend of the same gender? I can't imagine being told that I can't go out to dinner with any of my friends ever again, and thinking that's a healthy relationship.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

After a sexual assault, I set a boundary that I don't spend time 1:1 with cis men unless it's necessary for work or organizing. I joke about it being the Pence Rule, but, yeah, maybe it is that except from the perspective of a woman who has experienced someone crossing a firm boundary because they "couldn't control themselves." In a few years I'll probably feel safe again and reevaluate the boundary, but for now it's something I need (and having it as a blanket boundary helps avoid men taking it personally and whining that I don't trust them).

YMMV! but just sharing that not all these "please don't go to dinner alone with this person" requests come from the same place. There's nuance, and also people doing horrible things that leave others traumatized and hypervigilant.

I recommend talking about this stuff with your partner before it comes up. why don't reddit posters ever seem to do that?
honestly, the root of not wanting your partner one on one opposite gender doesn't really matter. Your own trauma shouldn't affecting whether your partner is allowed to see their friends or not. I've been in a s

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

After a sexual assault, I set a boundary that I don't spend time 1:1 with cis men unless it's necessary for work or organizing. I joke about it being the Pence Rule, but, yeah, maybe it is that except from the perspective of a woman who has experienced someone crossing a firm boundary because they "couldn't control themselves." In a few years I'll probably feel safe again and reevaluate the boundary, but for now it's something I need (and having it as a blanket boundary helps avoid men taking it personally and whining that I don't trust them).

YMMV! but just sharing that not all these "please don't go to dinner alone with this person" requests come from the same place. There's nuance, and also people doing horrible things that leave others traumatized and hypervigilant.

I recommend talking about this stuff with your partner before it comes up. why don't reddit posters ever seem to do that?

Somebody who is aware of their trauma and there hyper-vigilance etcetera, is more likely to, as you said, talk to their partner about it before it comes up. But just springing it on them is BS regardless of the reasoning. Letting irrational fears rooted in trauma lead you to try to control your partner may be more understandable, but the result is the same either way. Then again, my own trauma leads me to be especially wary of anybody who tries to restrict who their partner's friends are, and when and where they're allowed to see them. So I honestly could just be going too hard in the opposite direction in myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

therobit posted:

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with that family that they all just kept visiting this woman that they knew was poisoning them?

"Family always sticks together no matter what"

It's a huge thing with mine to the point I'm the monster because I cut out toxic people which means I'm heartless. Like the uncle who raped my mom and my aunt multiple times when they were teenagers and my grandparents told the girls to shut up and never talk about it. Or my dad who tried to stab my mom to death in front of me when I was 8. My mom has reprimanded me multiple times for me choosing to not have anything to do with those two.

Now I'm not talking to anyone in my family because I'm battling Lyme and I'm not spending enough time managing their emotions since my disease has been so hard on them, why aren't I doing more to make them feel better? I don't give them enough attention, I clearly don't care about them at all.

They would 100% expect me to keep eating grandma's poison food and tell me I'm a horrible uncaring person if I didn't.