Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

these men are nothing less than American Heroes :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I would unironically fully support a war with Iran if all we did was draw dicks in their airspace.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The Ayatollah would probably order the sky burned if there were just a bunch of dicks and tits above Iran

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

https://twitter.com/realsteveyoung1/status/1128289644578164737?s=19

Lol

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
oh and he's a Qanon follower....

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Off topic thank you (I think) to whoever recommended the It Could Happen Here podcast. Off to buy more ammo!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vasudus posted:

current events thread: “Balls are going to be a little lopsided,” the pilot advised.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So someone (allegedly) launched a drone attack on Saudi Oil pumping stations.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/05/14/oil-jumps-as-saudi-energy-minister-reports-drone-terrorism-against-pipeline.html

Most likely from Yemen.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Dum Cumpster posted:

Off topic thank you (I think) to whoever recommended the It Could Happen Here podcast. Off to buy more ammo!

Yeah, it's pretty good.

Also makes me want to get into maker stuff as a hobby.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

No prob. Robert Evans also has another good podcast called Behind the Bastards which borrows/influences ICHH, but seems less serious in tone.

Also he has cordial twitter exchanges with Dan Carlin which sparks dreams of a crossover episode with Hardcore History.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So someone (allegedly) launched a drone attack on Saudi Oil pumping stations.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/05/14/oil-jumps-as-saudi-energy-minister-reports-drone-terrorism-against-pipeline.html

Most likely from Yemen.

Iran will get the blame anyways (though they did probably fund the Houthis)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Glad I'm not the only one thinking 'yes i too play video games and I also believe a bunch of dudes in ghillie suits can defeat an entire country with airstrikes and Barretts'

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/maureendowd/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Iran will get the blame anyways (though they did probably fund the Houthis)

Yeah, the funding link is there, although I think they did it without their Iranian contacts telling them too. It's pretty piecemeal vs anything with a strategic plan that seems discernable.

Or maybe someone in the IRG decided to be the wild card today.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Also he has cordial twitter exchanges with Dan Carlin which sparks dreams of a crossover episode with Hardcore History.

I had no idea and that is awesome.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1128315800513806336

:lol: he won't.

Imagine Donald Goddamn Trump being the hill you die on, though.

Re: Iran, you know it's probably a really bad idea when even Dubya's dumbass said "Mmm, no thanks".

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 14, 2019

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Curious how far up Graham's rear end Putin's money-hand is because holy poo poo has that guy gone turbo-boot-licker. Like, yeah, Republican, so I get it, that's going to happen. To that degree though just pings my 'What the gently caress?' radar.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
McConnell, Graham, and multiple others probably are deep in foreign money.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1128328717191786496?s=21

He’s so loving stupid.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Did he completely forget the 8 years he spent as vice president?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Tim Conway died. He was 85

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I mean, it is possible that they might start cooperating a bit if they lose hard enough. But it won't be in good faith, and they'll continue looking for sneaky, awful poo poo to do.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

hobbesmaster posted:

Did he completely forget the 8 years he spent as vice president?

I think there was something about the president that republicans didn’t like though.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Except they won’t. At least not while Mitch McConnell is around.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Someone in cspam said it best, he's saying stuff like that cause he wants to pass republican policies (tax cuts, gently caress you m4a etc.)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Someone in cspam said it best, he's saying stuff like that cause he wants to pass republican policies (tax cuts, gently caress you m4a etc.)

If a democrat proposes a republican policy they'll just go further right. We saw this with the ACA and the sequester and cutting social security and medicare.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, the funding link is there, although I think they did it without their Iranian contacts telling them too. It's pretty piecemeal vs anything with a strategic plan that seems discernable.

Or maybe someone in the IRG decided to be the wild card today.

Eh. The Houthis are happy to accept Iranian materials, but they don't really take direction from them.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Iran is doing to Houthis what america did to the Taliban in Afghanistan, but only super powers are allowed to do that apparently (well who is gonna stop them I guess)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

Also:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its almost like Joe Biden has been spearheading the slow, inexorable march of the Democrats to the right

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Iran is doing to Houthis what america did to the Taliban in Afghanistan, but only super powers are allowed to do that apparently (well who is gonna stop them I guess)

You mean the Mujahadeen, I think.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The Taliban literally didn't exist until '94, long after the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan.

We absolutely funded Mujaheddin who subsequently joined up with the Taliban though, and it's really little different than what Iran is doing in Yemen on a substantial level.

Joe Biden blows but frankly I'd take Jeb! over Trump any day of the week so my requirements for a contender amount to "is breathing"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
yes we're well aware you just want a nicer face on Trump's policies

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

Curious how far up Graham's rear end Putin's money-hand is because holy poo poo has that guy gone turbo-boot-licker. Like, yeah, Republican, so I get it, that's going to happen. To that degree though just pings my 'What the gently caress?' radar.

CommieGIR posted:

McConnell, Graham, and multiple others probably are deep in foreign money.

Lindsey Graham is up for reelection in 2020, in beat-red South Carolina. The only way he's losing his seat is if he gets primaried. The only way he gets primaried is if Trump tweets to primary him.

There are tons of clips of Graham making GBS threads all over Trump in 2016. Trump's cheddarbrain loves to remember stuff like that.

So Graham, being a shitbag that wants to get reelected, has to suck Donnie's Toad really, really hard. It's basically that simple, really. It's not foreign money that's making Graham an idiot hellfucker, it's that he has to cozy up to Trump to make up for 2016.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There's an argument to be made for a Biden win just packing poo poo in harder to make it explode that much stronger when the next fascist demagogue takes the reins of the Republican party by being even more loudly bigoted and promising more suffering for minorities. If it comes down to those two ancient, rich, white assholes I'll vote Biden but I'll be getting a passport the next day.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Syrian Lannister posted:

Dorf on Funerals.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

pantslesswithwolves posted:

No prob. Robert Evans also has another good podcast called Behind the Bastards which borrows/influences ICHH, but seems less serious in tone.

Cool, I'll check that out and give him a follow.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

The Taliban literally didn't exist until '94, long after the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan.

We absolutely funded Mujaheddin who subsequently joined up with the Taliban though, and it's really little different than what Iran is doing in Yemen on a substantial level.

Joe Biden blows but frankly I'd take Jeb! over Trump any day of the week so my requirements for a contender amount to "is breathing"
The Taliban are a creation of Pakistan. During the war they funneled most of the money we gave them to lovely people like Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, after skimming a ton of it for themselves that is. Gulbuddin got himself dumped and replaced with the Taliban later because he's an incompetent doofus.

The other major misconception is that we gave money to Bin Laden. No, he was running around Afghanistan with his own money, and a big part of why he founded Al Qaeda was that he was mad that we were involved in the conflict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I knew it wasn't the Taliban but I couldn't get my phone to autocorrect to Mujahideen until I saw it spelled lol