Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I like to drop the i when I say Brocoli so it becomes Brocol

I do this with lots of words, try it it's fun

Potat

Tomat

Avocad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Stir-frying broccoli in sesame oil is food of the gods, I swear.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Moola posted:

I like to drop the i when I say Brocoli so it becomes Brocol

I do this with lots of words, try it it's fun

Potat

Tomat

Avocad

potati tomati avocadi

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Solemn Sloth posted:

potati tomati avocadi
All of which are Italian plurals...?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

PinheadSlim posted:

Roasted broccoli with garlic and parmesan cheese is broccoli inspiration

Oh gently caress yeah.

Also, toss some oiled broccoli on the bbq right when the meat is about to be done. Give it a quick scorch, but don't dry it out. :discourse:

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Hi, it's me. I'm The White Guy who can't stand the slightest amount of spice or hot food, and has the palette of a temperamental 4 year old. Here to tell you that raw broccoli is great, and the best way to eat it, glad I could help

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
raw broccoli is fine

you fuckin dumbass. you idiot. you imbecile!

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

This thread took a turn somewhere...

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Madurai posted:

we haven't had any bad models to post

because you stoppe dpainting :smaug:

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
we need to back up a bit

Ilor posted:

EDIT: Broccoli hot-take: As I mentioned somewhere else, broccoli got a whole lot better once I got older and discovered smoked salt. So. Good.

Where are you getting this? Are there recipes?? I'm at the intersection of hungry, lazy and fascinated, please help

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

we need to back up a bit

Where are you getting this? Are there recipes?? I'm at the intersection of hungry, lazy and fascinated, please help

Higher end grocery stores. Or a Penzey’s spice shop. Amazon even has a ton. Ive got a great applewood, a bourbon barrel, and a hickory smoked one. Also matcha salt is really great on hardboiled eggs if anyone is into green tea.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Smoked salt also makes for a killer margarita with a mix of tequila and mezcal.

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug

PinheadSlim posted:

Roasted broccoli with garlic and parmesan cheese is broccoli inspiration

Boiled broccoli is broccoli uninspiration, and explains why so many people hate it.

This x 1000 for Brussel sprouts. Start with raw sprouts then roast or even better pan saute them with some diced bacn to a slight bit of char and they are amazing. Boiled or cooked from frozen they are gross goop.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Smoked salt also makes for a killer margarita with a mix of tequila and mezcal.

its this

mkultra419 posted:

This x 1000 for Brussel sprouts. Start with raw sprouts then roast or even better pan saute them with some diced bacn to a slight bit of char and they are amazing. Boiled or cooked from frozen they are gross goop.

this is also its this

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
30 new posts in the Unspiration Thread! And quelle surprise it's a food derail!

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
I like to either toss my brussel sprouts and a gently caress ton of whole garlic cloves in olive oil with some s&p and roast em, or I do a sesame oil toss, roast em to a tiny char, then do a honey/sriracha glaze.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Mr. Sunshine posted:

30 new posts in the Unspiration Thread! And quelle surprise it's a food derail!

this is not its this

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I like to either toss my brussel sprouts and a gently caress ton of whole garlic cloves in olive oil with some s&p and roast em, or I do a sesame oil toss, roast em to a tiny char, then do a honey/sriracha glaze.

hmmm maybe sesame oil is what my sprouts have been missing

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
I like pretending to be a dinosaur and eating broccoli trees

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Higher end grocery stores. Or a Penzey’s spice shop. Amazon even has a ton. Ive got a great applewood, a bourbon barrel, and a hickory smoked one. Also matcha salt is really great on hardboiled eggs if anyone is into green tea.

Thanks (and thanks for the recipe tips, everyone)! I'll have to drop by the Penzey's next time I drive up to Milwaukee.

mods please move this thread to Goons With Spoons, tia

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Solemn Sloth posted:

potati tomati avocadi

what loving spell did you just cast on me wizard?!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

...honey/sriracha glaze.
Oh, poo poo, where has this been all my life?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

Ilor posted:

Oh, poo poo, where has this been all my life?

Just like, half honey half sriracha. Pinch of kosher salt. Adjust to taste/thickness of honey.

It bakes well onto chicken, ribs, or porkchops too, though I add white pepper if I do that. And hot mustard if its porkchops.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Just like, half honey half sriracha. Pinch of kosher salt. Adjust to taste/thickness of honey.
No reduction necessary, just combine and go? I'll have to try it.

It bakes well onto chicken, ribs, or porkchops too, though I add white pepper if I do that. And hot mustard if its porkchops.
No porkchops for me, I'm afraid - my wife is Jewish, so unless I want to cook it at someone else's house, I'm poo poo outta luck.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Goons with spoons: Unspiration: Bad minis, good vegetables, and everything in between

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

huh

so it was okay to eat the green stuff after all

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Honey/Sriracha is a good mix to dip for chicken nuggets

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Chill la Chill posted:

Honey/Sriracha is a good mix to dip for chicken nuggets

yeah but how well does it work as a wash?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

yeah but how well does it work as a wash?
You have to add a drop of Future or dish-soap to keep it from pooling and creating tide-lines on your wings.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Madurai posted:

It's the good version of the death thread, don't ruin it

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

Ilor posted:

No reduction necessary, just combine and go? I'll have to try it.

Yeah it’s a super easy quick indulgence like “making” your own honey-dijon. If you want to get wild you can do honey/gochujang(or ssamjang) for a more Korean flavor or use Chinese happy lady* sauce.

*I have no idea what happy lady sauce is actually called, it’s the go-to Chinese chilipaste and everyone I know both Chinese and American calls it “happy lady” because of the ridiculous photo that they opted to use of the chef. Who is like mythical aunt jemima status as far as I can tell.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Lao Gan Ma chili crisp. Angry lady sauce.

"happy" lady sauce ffs kids these days...

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah it’s a super easy quick indulgence like “making” your own honey-dijon. If you want to get wild you can do honey/gochujang(or ssamjang) for a more Korean flavor or use Chinese happy lady* sauce.

*I have no idea what happy lady sauce is actually called, it’s the go-to Chinese chilipaste and everyone I know both Chinese and American calls it “happy lady” because of the ridiculous photo that they opted to use of the chef. Who is like mythical aunt jemima status as far as I can tell.

She looks like a powerful dictator or revolutionary, maybe because she has the same steely eyed expression as Che Guevara

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PinheadSlim posted:

She looks like a powerful dictator or revolutionary, maybe because she has the same steely eyed expression as Che Guevara

For me, it's the background of the portrait. The gradient makes me think of a portrait of Chairman Mao for some reason.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hard counter posted:

huh

so it was okay to eat the green stuff after all

I appreciate this callback

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Look on (not) my Works, ye Scrunts, and despair!

Painter is Olga Kropotova from Russia.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

what a classy way to work nips into your army.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm the tiny gollywog jockey statue turned into a sweet helmet decoration

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Screaming Idiot posted:

I just love that his helmet topper has its own helmet, complete with its own topper. That is maximum Bretonnia right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Screaming Idiot posted:

I was wondering whether or not that was meant to be an actual dude's head stuck in the top there.