Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

So like 15 with tax. I’ll buy it. For science.

You could spend less than that on a hammer to smash your own balls with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m not that excited about.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

You could spend less than that on a hammer to smash your own balls with

I only buy quality hand tools. A $15 dollar hammer would disappoint before I even bought it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

"Watch the skies, space traveller."

Come to Lasersreach to dishcush the ongoing hoshtilities like de resht of the great spashe warriorsh?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I dunno man, they'll have to pay me more than $12.99 to play it

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Crabtree posted:

How would that even work when the game can't handle one player launching 3 nukes at the same time?

Back towards the end of when goons played 76, we did several triple nuke launches. Crossing my fingers every time, it didn’t crash the servers since that first super publicized time.

However, there seems to be a mechanic that multiple nuke zones spread out the zone content, so there’s hardly anything in each nuke zone.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

BMan posted:

I dunno man, they'll have to pay me more than $12.99 to play it

Last night I had three Jersey Mike's subs delivered to my house via Uber Eats. poo poo cost $58 bucks. And I'd still never buy F76.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

LGD posted:

"Saw a spacecrab the other day. Horrible creatures."

im gonna gently caress you up, joke thief

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

chaosapiant posted:

Last night I had three Jersey Mike's subs delivered to my house via Uber Eats. poo poo cost $58 bucks. And I'd still never buy F76.

I mean, at least you could get some General Tso's and fried wontons for $15 delivered, which is a much better investment than F76

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

I mean, at least you could get some General Tso's and fried wontons for $15 delivered, which is a much better investment than F76

Either way it’s gonna be a steaming pile of poo poo?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

Either way it’s gonna be a steaming pile of poo poo?

At least you can enjoy Americanized Chinese food for two whole meals

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I love Americanized Chinese food. I always order me a Low Mein (noodles) with combination of meats and zero veggies. It's delicious! Also I hope Fallout 5 is better than 4.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Were there any hints as to where Fallout 5 could be set in 4? like Fallout 3 had references to the Commonwealth in various places and the Replicated Man quest in Rivet City.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I think the obvious location would be New York. A true metropolis in ruins. Of course because Bethesda, New York will be the Statue of Liberty 20 feet near the Empire State building and 30 feet from New Jersey.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
In order to save money, fallout 5 will also take place in West Virginia

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Arcsquad12 posted:

Come to Lasersreach to dishcush the ongoing hoshtilities like de resht of the great spashe warriorsh?

Jesus. I can hear it in his voice too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Reality Winter posted:

and also it will have fish creatures out of far harbor even though it's landlocked and there are mountains and stuff

also dragons! not dragons, bats, but still dragons!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Fallout: Florida so they can reuse Gatorclaws and Nukalurks

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Reality Winter posted:

Fallout 5 will take place in Oklahoma, because it's flat as hell

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vinylshadow posted:

fallout:florida, where you can finish the game in five minutes by pressing examine in the right spot in the first town to find the fountain of youth

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Iron Crowned posted:

Fallout 5 will take place in Oklahoma, because it's flat as hell

The gamebryo engine could not handle those draw distances

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Reality Winter posted:

The gamebryo engine could not handle those draw distances

Luckily the nukes created Dust Bowl 2

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Vinylshadow posted:

Did that Florida Fallout 4 mod ever come out/was it any good?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

LingcodKilla posted:

So like 15 with tax. I’ll buy it. For science.
You know how you can tell kids that the stove is hot but some will just not grasp or remember it until they press their face against it

and they're not even paying money for the learning experience

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

RoadCrewWorker posted:

You know how you can tell kids that the stove is hot but some will just not grasp or remember it until they press their face against it

and they're not even paying money for the learning experience

Yeah, but paying your buddy $15 to stick his dick in a waffle iron is still funny no matter how many times he's dumb enough to do it.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm gonna be honest, the siren call of the potter about and explore game is hard to resist, and one of these days I probably will end up buying Fallout 76 for $15.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Yeah, but paying your buddy $15 to stick his dick in a waffle iron is still funny no matter how many times he's dumb enough to do it.

It’s like one fancy drink at a bar my body will burn off in an hour.

It’s like one burger I’ll regret eating 4 hours later.

It’s like watching a 3D movie my eyeballs will regret after the credits roll.

It’s like 1/2 hour of work pay and quite frankly I don’t do poo poo at work.

It’s like 1/2 a model for a game I’ll probably never play but assemble and let collect dust.

Somehow I’ll survive making this purchase, playing it once and forget about it.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Back when 76 was announced I said if they ever added a proper singleplayer mode I'd probably pick it up, at least so I could poke around the world and see what there is to see.

But with all the drama, BS and laziness that has taken place since then I think even if they were to add what I wanted I still wouldn't be interested- that bridge is just too badly burned at this point.

Fortunately I don't even think singleplayer was part of their PowerPoint inspired roadmap so it's not like I need to ever about my willpower being put to the test.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There is single player mode, it is single player now.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

2house2fly posted:

I'm gonna be honest, the siren call of the potter about and explore game is hard to resist, and one of these days I probably will end up buying Fallout 76 for $15.

You will likely have other games with worlds to explode, like RAGE 2 or Days Gone or any other open world game from 2019 onward.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Crabtree posted:

You will likely have other games with worlds to explode, like RAGE 2 or Days Gone or any other open world game from 2019 onward.

Coworker was disappointed by Days Gone day one. He’s putting on the shelf for a month.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Days gone looked like a good daryl simulator.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

Days gone looked like a good daryl simulator.

Not a fan on how fast and fluid the zombies move in the promo but eh.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
fast zombies been around since the 80s bro when people gonna get over this

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I mean its a zombie game that you can easily destroy with an LMG, some good explosive uses or just stealth kill with rocks. Its not really difficult.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
You could also just wait somewhere for 2-3 weeks until all the dead tissue the zombies are made up of has decomposed into a mush and they're no longer a threat. But who has time for that these days?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
just thinking, is there a post zombie apoc game (as in they're all/mostly dead)? movie?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

im gonna gently caress you up, joke thief

great minds reach for low hanging fruit alike

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

If I had to pick between Days Gone, Rage 2, and Fallout 76 I'd have to go with Fallout 76.

Days Gone and Rage 2 seem like bland versions of better games which will inoffensively pass the time. Fallout 76 looks like an interesting trash fire that I can at least be amused with the broken nature of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Wrr posted:

Fallout 76 looks like an interesting trash fire that I can at least be amused with the broken nature of it.

I thought this too and then I played it and it wasn't and then I had to beg on here for someone to take the account off my hands