Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

fawning deference posted:

I just picked up Mackenzie Gore to stash - anyone have an instinct on when he'll be called up? He's dominating AAA.

Gore is currently in high A-ball. the dominating part is very true still, but that is an important distinction. really doubt he even shows up as a September call-up this year,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Ah weird, I thought he was in Triple A. Fair enough.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea was about to ask unless that’s dynasty there’s no reason to hold him. He might be called to double A this season

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Speaking of pitchers I prematurely dropped. Let go of eflin after a few mediocre starts. Then he became Arm God. Opponent started him and put the killing blow on my week. Hate to see it

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Astudillo off the DL and in today's lineup. Leading off actually.

Also this about Mallex, who has 7 steals in 8 games at AAA:

https://twitter.com/GregJohnsMLB/status/1127581733962993665

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 12, 2019

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
For what I think is the second week in a row, I'm winning every pitching category and losing every hitting category.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I had an incredible pitching week. 53 innings with a 2.53 ERA and 1.07 WHIP. My rear end in a top hat friend that never checks his team while still rostering Keuchel got 16IP, 1 over weekly minimum, and is beating me with a 1.7 ERA and .75 WHIP.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Despite Ryu's awesome outing, I am still losing ERA this week, 1.61 to 1.51.

Feels bad man.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
My offense was straight dogshit this week.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

you want to pick up loaisiga. dude's real good

don't think of him as a savior or anything. he'll probably be hurt at some point. but the innings he will give you are going to be efficient and awesome

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 13, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Going a collected 3/35 on Sunday is goooood poo poo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Abel Wingnut posted:

don't think of him as a savior or anything. he'll probably be hurt at some point. but the innings he will give you are going to be efficient and awesome

Not arguing but I’m curious on what you’ve seen to suggest this

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

Going a collected 3/35 on Sunday is goooood poo poo

My team went 3-21 today and my opponent went 12-29. Good thing I was ahead by a decent amount going in to today, otherwise this would have been an epic Sunday collapse against a very weak team.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

I agree that he's real good but I think his fantasy value is really limited. He's a good streaming option tonight because, the O's and all, but he isn't going to stay in the rotation past the return of Paxton, and I would be surprised if he gets QSes in the meantime.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Andujar is 3 for 35 with no XBH since he came back. It's only been a week but still, not great.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Andujar is 3 for 35 with no XBH since he came back. It's only been a week but still, not great.

I dropped him in the one league I had him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector_666 posted:

I agree that he's real good but I think his fantasy value is really limited. He's a good streaming option tonight because, the O's and all, but he isn't going to stay in the rotation past the return of Paxton, and I would be surprised if he gets QSes in the meantime.

Loaisiga's on the IL now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Sounds like he is going back on IL, and surgery is a possibility. I'd drop.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol ok what’s the deal with Carlos Santana. I’m not sure if this guy is doing a bit but he’s offered him for various players on my team and I’m not sure why. Latest is for Hosmer and it’s o...k?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 13, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well he’s confirmed alive and not injured and seems to be better in every category than Hosmer so yea took it.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Well poo poo. At least I can safely drop him. That week of ohfers stings in my roto league tho. Shouldve seen it coming I guess, labrum tears are no joke.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

resident posted:

What do you guys think of this trade in a 5x5 H2H redraft league?

Give:
Boyd
Flaherty
Pham

Get:
Lindor
Votto
Folty

Assuming Lindor turns it around, he's the prize of the trade, but Votto & Folty are super high risk at this point. I'd have Rhys Hopkins slide from 1B to OF to replace Pham, and Lindor would essentially send Dietrich/Shaw to my bench.

This trade just went through. :toot:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Any thoughts on Derek Dietrich or Ronny Rodriguez rest of season? I'm currently rostering both as hot hitting, multi-position guys, but probably need to turn at least one back into a pitcher streaming spot.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I chose Ronny in my leagues, but I also needed a 3B-capable guy on my bench more than anything else. if you are in an OBP league, I probably take Dietrich because of his added value there and if not I would personally go with Ronny. he likely won't hurt you as much in AVG and whatever power contributions he brings will be backed up with some steals. Ronny's statcast numbers look more encouraging to me than Dietrich's as well. he's 70th in the majors so far with a 45.5% hard hit rate vs Dietrich's 234th ranked 34.8%, his 89.0 mph exit velocity is 164th vs. Dietrich's 87.1 down at 254th.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

the_american_dream posted:

Lol ok what’s the deal with Carlos Santana. I’m not sure if this guy is doing a bit but he’s offered him for various players on my team and I’m not sure why. Latest is for Hosmer and it’s o...k?

He’s a guy who’s outperforming his ADP by quite a bit and has name value. Some people probably don’t believe he’ll keep it up and want to offload before he collapses. I own him in a league and tried to move him because I have too much offense, but didn’t get a bite

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He's been slumping actually and has a .814 OPS for the year. He has always been a streaky player. He'll probably get on a hot streak sometime soon, then you should trade him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I actually just accepted a trade for him but whatever I literally just picked up Hosmer off the wire a week ago as a churner anyway so whatever. Santana’s streaky but he walks a poo poo ton and obp is fairly important in this league so eh.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Santana>Hosmer IMO

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
It's definitely a good trade. I'm just saying if he heats up it's a good idea to sell high because he won't keep it up. Don't be like that guy where you're going to want to dump him for Eric Hosmer when he starts slumping again.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

If you need speed, Oscar Mercado just got called up. He has 14 steals in the minors this season.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well just took the bait and spec added Marwin everywhere I could. Even if he goes back to hitting like poo poo a flier on a guy with elg at everything but pitcher and catcher is too drat valuable

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bryce Harper doesn't look so good.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Schweinhund posted:

He's been slumping actually and has a .814 OPS for the year. He has always been a streaky player. He'll probably get on a hot streak sometime soon, then you should trade him.

Ha. drat, I knew he was slumping the last week or two, but didn't realize how hard. After his hot start, he's been on my bench half the time. I'll have to try and move him again when he has another good streak. His dual eligibility should make him moderately appealing as a piece in a trade...hopefully. Otherwise he's a useful bat, but I won't feel too bad dumping him if it really gets to crunch time.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Brewers called up Keston Hiura if anyone needs 2b help.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

If you need speed, Oscar Mercado just got called up. He has 14 steals in the minors this season.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Brewers called up Keston Hiura if anyone needs 2b help.

Also Royals called up Nicky Lopez. It's that time of year :toot:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Benching Bryce Harper in all leagues, dropping Travis Shaw in all leagues. :feelsgood:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rand alPaul posted:

Benching Bryce Harper in all leagues, dropping Travis Shaw in all leagues. :feelsgood:

Yeah I'm about to cut bait on Shaw even though the waiver wire has nothing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Doltos posted:

it sounds like he's going on the IL to allow for Hiura to come up, I don't know that there's a very bright future when he returns, but it might be worth stashing him and waiting if you have the IL spot. always a chance Hiura can't cut it in his first go in the bigs and Shaw has a route back to regular playing time

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

I'm riding the Derek Dietrich bandwagon at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

I'm riding the Derek Dietrich bandwagon at the moment.

Yeah I picked him up in the Goon keeper league a while ago, his power and OBP are nice.