Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, it depends on how "major" they consider AA. It's definitely not one of their AAA series, so it could still be possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i remember when they told us a new game was coming in FY18, and people in this thread were hopeful for 123 AND 456 compilations on switch along with a new game. better days

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The White Dragon posted:

phoenix isn't the kind of guy who would sleep around on edgeworth

Edgeworth's only love interest is the abstract concept of truth

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk why people want Iris back so much. All they did was date once in college.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Tired Moritz posted:

Idk why people want Iris back so much. All they did was date once in college.

The ending set up a further relationship and seeing setups get dropped always feels bad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It's definitely not one of their AAA series,

Well yeah, it's a AA series.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SirSamVimes posted:

Edgeworth's only love interest is the abstract concept of truth

the abstract concept of the truth of how much he wants to bone down with nick maybe

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Funky Valentine posted:

Every trial in AA7 is just going to be magicians being the biggest sacks of poo poo.

give us the magician prosecutor, capcom

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Randy Pitchford, Ace Prosecutor.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I like SOJ case 2 bad guy because he's a neat allusion to hobo phoenix. both of them got hosed over by the magicians and ended up recruiting a fan for their scheme. except Phoenix didn't murder Apollo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Funky Valentine posted:

Randy Pitchford, Ace Prosecutor.

"Objection!"

"Why would you gently caress me on this, Nick?"

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

AlphaKretin posted:

The ending set up a further relationship and seeing setups get dropped always feels bad.

I really liked Iris and think she was more than just someone he did during college, but I always felt that that case was less of a future setup and more of a resolution, allowing Nick to move on from the Dahlia incident.

Also, yeah Edgeworth and Nick are completely in a relationship in the 3ds games, come on.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Finally started SoJ having finished 1-5+dlc and I'm a little eeeehhhhhh about the Insight cross-examination. At least with the Mood Matrix you were given opportunity to fail a lot but given how loving complicated this is I'd rather they were a bit more forgiving.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The real killer in 6-3 is probably my favorite reveal.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well I can't deny that 6-2 (pre-trial) made me actually angry at an antagonist for the first time since Dahlia

e: and just going off first impressions this prosecutor is a total dickhead, amazing aesthetics aside

Tesseraction fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 13, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Which one is 6 again?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

the_american_dream posted:

Which one is 6 again?

the one with the unfunny whitehaired bishounen prosecutor whose whole reveal just made me roll my eyes because i was so loving over his poo poo by the last case

pro tip characters can only become sympathetic if you ever liked them at all in the first place

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ah yes the most beautiful of all prosecutors I’m with you

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Finally just started on SoJ. Whoof, they're really going all out with the police brutality in this game, aren't they.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Gumshoe is the only good cop and he's forever gone.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

TieTuesday just finished JFA tonight and will be starting T&T on Thursday. There were a few moments that despite having played that game more than a few times I still got tense or emotional about, especially in 2-4.

If you want to watch someone play through these games for the first time ever, unspoiled, I recommend checking out his VODs. He’s incredibly good at solving the cases and funny to boot.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I feel like JFA's highs are higher than T&T's but its lows really drag it down. If you excised the circus case it'd easily be my favorite original trilogy game

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I enjoyed T&T more than JFA but that's mostly because I enjoy the Fey clan stuff and 3-5 was an excellent payoff to what the previous games (and 3-1/3-4) had set in motion.

(gently caress Matt though)

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Spoilers for 2-4 regarding some telling character dialog: when Phoenix was speaking to Matt just before you break his Psyche-Locks, Matt flippantly mentions buying an expensive toothbrush made of ivory and elephant hair. TieTuesday’s chat immediately went from being cautiously suspicious to “guillotine this rich fuckboy.”

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I wish we saw more of the Dark Age of the Law. It's a time when lawyer and prosecutors use dirty tricks, but you never really get to experience what that means apart from the fake evidence you get in 4-1.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The age where lawyers and prosecutors use dirty tricks, as distinguished from the status quo, where only prosecutors use dirty tricks.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

SardonicTyrant posted:

I wish we saw more of the Dark Age of the Law. It's a time when lawyer and prosecutors use dirty tricks, but you never really get to experience what that means apart from the fake evidence you get in 4-1.
That's because the writers didn't think about what it actually meant and/or weren't willing to shake up the storytelling formula to actually let you feel what it meant

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I took it to mean an extension of what we saw in the first trilogy and the continuation of what we see in the series because a handful of honest, determined professionals aren’t going to stop systemic corruption over the course of a few high-profile trials.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't care about systemic corruption. I want my personal dramatic trials like 2-4 and 3-5.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I like character drama (obviously) but the stakes really don't need to be that high every time. I like the light-hearted trials that everyone else seems to dislike in the series the most. As light-hearted as murder trials can be, anyway.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I finally dusted off the 3ds I bought for Megaman Legends 3 and marathoned 5, 6 and Layton. Thoughts:

5: Very good! Didn't expect to like the new protagonist but I really warmed up to her quickly.
6: There's a good game in here with interesting new ideas, too bad the new prosecutor ruins it.
Layton: far and above my favourite. I hope they do another one some day.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I hope Apollo enjoys his new better family

And being pretty much adopted royalty

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheKingofSprings posted:

I hope Apollo enjoys his new better family

same i hope he enjoys it so much he never comes back

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Just finished up DGS1-3. Hahaha yessss burn the rich :black101:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

same i hope he enjoys it so much he never comes back

Same, because the focus permanently switches to him and away from the guy who they haven’t a loving clue what to do with

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Switch to Athena and/or Apollo. Be done with Phoenix already, because he's basically done with character development.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like Capcom took the wrong lesson from Apollo Justice and thought people were a bit cool on it because Phoenix wasn't the main character when really most people's problem with it was that Phoenix actually WAS the main character.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

It's definitely weird how rolled-back Phoenix is in 5 and 6 compared to his 4 incarnation. But 4 is definitely a bit of a book-end in many respects

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, it's jarring how he immediately regresses back to being a cold-sweating, defeatist goofball the moment he becomes the titular protagonist again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Bloody Pom posted:

Just finished up DGS1-3. Hahaha yessss burn the rich :black101:

I know that there is no way the game is going in that direction but Zieks would be my favourite prosecutor of all time if each time he lost he just somehow managed to kill off his defendants. Like HOLLY HELL

Meallan fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 15, 2019