Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mirage posted:

This thread's title is increasingly inaccurate. This isn't cute at all.

I’d change it to HOW DARK. if I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Love is war. There are bound to be a few casualties.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ouch, that chapter hurt. big dramatic gestures aren't the solution to everything, miyuki!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hayasaka just continues to be the absolute best character in the manga. What a boss.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
She's a highly paid expert for a reason.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I hope Haysaca somehow gets to follow Kaguya to Stamford. I don't know how Kaguya can function without her, or vice versa.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mirage posted:

This thread's title is increasingly inaccurate. This isn't cute at all.

Counter-point:

This is exceptionally cute. :colbert:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I think this is the only other reference to Mikado in the manga, from all the way back in chapter 4.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 15, 2019

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Haven't characters said he's going to be turning up soon?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

He's definitely gonna show up eventually. He's named after the Emperor in the Princess Kaguya story. I'll bet Kaguya's father will try to arrange a marriage between the two.

I just hope that whenever he does show up he's not a jerk.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
As a counterpoint to Shirogane and Kauguya, I bet he's also someone completely open and unreserved like Subject F but smart. Idk if he'd be more amusing as someone serious or someone goofy or haughty or humble.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I hope Mikado helps his sister find a boyfriend

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Tarezax posted:

I hear there's this really smart guy in her school that's super accomplished and is even the student council president.

He'd be a fine addition to the Shijo family :v:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Lmao if it would be so loving funny if they tried to arrange a marriage between Prez and Maki.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Kaguya should think about getting prez to wear makeup and contacts so he still looks sexy (to kaguya), but doesn't gently caress himself up via lack of sleep.

Or hayasaka could suggest it to prez.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

He's definitely gonna show up eventually. He's named after the Emperor in the Princess Kaguya story. I'll bet Kaguya's father will try to arrange a marriage between the two.

I just hope that whenever he does show up he's not a jerk.
Stop scaring meeee

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
oh man, all the characters displaying their crazy on the surface level distracted me enough that i did not see this coming

i always took the president's dad's point in this page, but it now carries a bit more emphasis

his mom really did a number on him, huh

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Tarezax posted:

he's probably had a crush on kashiwagi since childhood

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

prez is broke :(

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
poo poo is brutal. I like it.

I mean, it's a silly manga who doesn't have to wave any flags, but I'm glad it's taking some time out to say BURNING YOURSELF OUT AT 17 STUDYING FOURTEEN HOURS A DAY PLUS YOUR JOB ISN'T COOL AND HAS A COST.

It's also a neat contrast to Kaguya. She's been shelted and raised in an elitist, sterile environment and can't really bond without jumping over a lot of mental hurdles about who is worthy of her attention. Prez has dealt with the (perceived) consequences of messing up and will go to ridiculous extremes to never let it happen again.

So in the end the issue for both is worth. Their own, and how they perceive it in others.

Except for Iino, who has cut the gordian knot and learned that we are -all- worthy of being ruled over by Subject F. Because we've been bad.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The closest we'll get to a Ramen Masters spin-off.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/614186/1

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Also a (good) doujin chapter translated by JB

Being Maki continues to be Suffering

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Omega suffering for Maki.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cinderella deserved it

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I will never not root for Maki. One day she'll get a win...

One day. :smith:

E: It's impressive how much better the official Doujin has become since the first chapter. Doing AU stories featuring the characters is way better than the softcore fanservice it originally was. It's way more interesting now.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 17, 2019

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

she can have one when she deserves it

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maki Wants to Be Confessed To: The Tsundere's War of Suffering and More Suffering

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Time for Kindergarten. https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to-official-doujin/en/0/15/page/1

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Tsunderella

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If not for the fact that Shirogane is pretty much head over heels for Kaguya, him paring up with Hayasaka would be an acceptable alternative.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Xelkelvos posted:

If not for the fact that Shirogane is pretty much head over heels for Kaguya, him paring up with Hayasaka would be an acceptable alternative.

Not emptyquote

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Does the doujin become worth reading?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

it gave up like entirely on being horney at some point and instead gave us demon queen kaguya and her army of kashiwagis vs president momotaro

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Agronox posted:

It seems significantly less horny than it was before, at the very least. The last 2 posted here were cute.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Xelkelvos posted:

:hmmyes: Agreed

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The latest chapter would like to remind you that Moeha WOULD drug you for fun.

Also, RIP Maki-senpai again.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

oh no

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

This is good for Shirogane, don't worry. This may, in fact, be good for them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Lmao Moeha's present is something else. Love Kei's reaction.