Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If she's ducking Fox News because she's afraid of being asked about 23andme'ing her way into POC status, that's going to come up on the campaign trail anyway.

ah yes the Ben Shapiro tactic of “fight me on my terms on my home turf I’m not at all a disingenuous piece of poo poo! you coward!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

ah yes the Ben Shapiro tactic of “fight me on my terms on my home turf I’m not at all a disingenuous piece of poo poo! you coward!”

It's not a "Ben Shapiro tactic," she did it to herself. If people suppose she can't go on Fox News or engage with right wing pundits because she's afraid of the Pocohantas issue, then she should drop out right now.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
I dont remember if it was this thread but whoever said that nazi girl looked like Ben Shapiro goddamn

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation

GoluboiOgon posted:

they were armenian mobsters, but yeah

lmao

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

They then tried to claim they were saying stuff like "YO gently caress YOU WHITE BOY".

Armenians.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's not a "Ben Shapiro tactic," she did it to herself. If people suppose she can't go on Fox News or engage with right wing pundits because she's afraid of the Pocohantas issue, then she should drop out right now.

What if she doesn't want to go on fox news because of their actions and behavior, and not, because she has no answers to their bullshit.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/michaelshermer/status/1127957535229485056

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"Okay, so, what if I consider torch-wielding people chanting that they will not be replaced while seig heiling to be the 'reasonable center'? How can your extremist pigeon-holing possibly accommodate that?"

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
That guy said a stupid thing.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

drilldo squirt posted:

What if she doesn't want to go on fox news because of their actions and behavior, and not, because she has no answers to their bullshit.

Then you come back to the problem of all cable news being toxic.

Darth Walrus posted:

Go after the other companies later, because you can afford to go after them later, and you want to give them an escape route to deescalate rather than having more major broadcasters going 'oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound' and joining Fox's efforts to actively kick off a genocide. America already has concentration camps, and is teetering on the brink of unleashing something much, much worse. Coaxing it back from the edge is going to involve letting a bunch of lovely racists pretend they're noble, heroic saviours, because they're presently the people with the power and the platform to stop it. We can deal with them once Miller and company are in the Hague where they belong, and not ready and waiting to start disappearing Muslims en masse.

You're in for a big disappointment if you think liberal networks are going to "deescalate" from being US government mouthpieces. There isn't any kind of safe zone for them to move into, they represent the views of the class that owns them. If Fox News is illegitimate, why should we pretend that networks like CNN or MSNBC bear any legitimacy while they're serving the Trump administration's interests in spreading propaganda about Venezuela and ginning up support for a war with Iran?

There's not a reasonable middle ground, or a way to pressure them to move away from the overton window when you have no political power. It requires nothing less than a sea change in politics that will allow you to exert power over the media directly.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They are legitimized by the cable and news industry, regardless of however you feel about them. I don't see how it's mutually exclusive to both go on their platform and call them out for being a toxic element in society. The toxicity is already here, and if you can't confront it then you're not fit to be a politician.

Fox News isn't just something that chuds watch, people are subjected to it all over the country because it's on tvs in airports, diners, gas stations, you name it. It's a public institution.

Yeah this take is correct it’s more like Fox is normalizing Bernie than the other way around.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Michael_Shermer#Accusations_of_sexual_misconduct

he is a turd

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

drilldo squirt posted:

yea this guy’s axe will never not be grinding. pOcAhOnTaS!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/DavidSharp84/status/1128103497822613506

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I agree, let's not tolerate both nazis and ISIS supporters.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If Elizabeth Warren went on fox news and poo poo into a lacrosse stick and used that to fling her turd into a fan and spray her poo poo all over the Fox News audience, that would be good. If she does that I'll vote for her.

Otherwise, it's refreshing to see one candidate reject milquetoast passive bipartisanship and take a bit of a stand against the bad faith politics that the right has been using.

And she's not completely refusing to go onto Fox News. If you read the whole thread and her statement, she notes that Fox News is still welcome to come to her rallies and cover her speeches like everyone else - she's just not giving them any kind of exclusive access.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1128363254689009670

Dec 26, 2012

Dreylad posted:

I mean the problem is that if you think not going on Fox is good because you don't want to indirectly support it, I hope you don't plan on doing any town halls with any cable news network because MSNBC and CNN channel similar horrible views but either counterbalance it with a less horrible take or just put a liberal veneer on everything.

If you don't plan on doing any townhalls or any outreach through the cable networks then I think your presidential candidacy is dead in the water. I could be wrong about the importance of the cable news networks though.

i assume theyre important, mostly because old people a) are the only people who watch that poo poo and b) vote

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Then you come back to the problem of all cable news being toxic.

it is

how the gently caress are you posting in cspam and not understanding this?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

To save everyone else the effort - this man is angry about the children's cartoon Arthur.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
what kind of childhood did this person have

you're told that marriage is when two people love each other very much, and it's only much later that you find out what sex is

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/jakebackpack/status/1128042864578105344?s=19

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

what kind of childhood did this person have

you're told that marriage is when two people love each other very much, and it's only much later that you find out what sex is

you see my boy, marriage is when a decent, god-fearing man is brought low by a horrible shrew

that's why I'm drunk at all your baseball games, champ

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh dear, see what your nazis have done to our nazis

https://twitter.com/VahurKoorits/status/1128239897192673280

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Le Pen said she didn't know what the sign meant lmao, and that for her it's a "normal sign" yeah right

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
whose the goober musketeer, france's answer to chuck "hobbit" johnson and ben shapiro

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Alan Smithee posted:

whose the goober musketeer, france's answer to chuck "hobbit" johnson and ben shapiro

that's actually an estonian mp (for their local nazi party), for some reason le pen was in Tallin yesterday

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

oh dear, see what your nazis have done to our nazis

https://twitter.com/VahurKoorits/status/1128239897192673280

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Well you see, Timmy and Tabitha, they eat the poo-poo!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
https://twitter.com/KeithJGamble/status/1128320164301287426

wat

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1128321617145339904

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

so are these guys as pathologically disgusted by anal sex with women or is that somehow different

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Keith Jacks Gamble

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The gently caress is wrong with these twats?

You don't need to explain the logistics of sex to kids, you just tell them that it's fine for two men/two women to be in love and get married and kiss.

The alt-right literally cannot stop talking about sex when on the subject of children.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
well, a coworker just unironically did the 'ok' sign at me out of nowhere with a dumb smile on his face.

loving weird considering I live in Brazil of all places

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation

Halser posted:

well, a coworker just unironically did the 'ok' sign at me out of nowhere with a dumb smile on his face.

there's nazis in brazil

they are always really tanned

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

99% of non-internet poisoned people think the ok sign is just an ok sign, unless you have other reasons to think hes an internet nazi hes probably just telling you its all ok.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Halser posted:

i read somewhere that battlefield 4 servers right now are basically majority brazilians with nazi flag avatars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

99% of non-internet poisoned people think the ok sign is just an ok sign, unless you have other reasons to think hes an internet nazi hes probably just telling you its all ok.

nah, it was definitely a wink wink nudge nudge kind of thing. He mentioned Jordan Peterson, Tim Pool and stuff like that before, including a bit of an awkward conversation where he talked about how he was teaching his daughter about how bad feminism is.