Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If adobe tried to claim royalties on thing created with their software they'd be chopping their own dick off with regards to all the professional studios that use their software. Final cut pro x isn't as terrible as it was on launch, people will jump if they try something that stupid.

Davinci resolve is free editing and grading software too if you're so inclined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Probably the unarmed pregnant black woman getting iced from a day or two ago.

Did she refuse to buy the new Adobe platform too?

Also eagerly awaiting a future where car manufacturers can take me to court for not upgrading to this year’s model.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Smiling Jack posted:

well I thought police shooting people videos couldn't possibly get any worse and boy was I wrong

Oh boy we need a vague quick description because if you think it’s bad well...

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh boy we need a vague quick description because if you think it’s bad well...

name one video i defended

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Did she refuse to buy the new Adobe platform too?

Also eagerly awaiting a future where car manufacturers can take me to court for not upgrading to this year’s model.

John Deere is way ahead of you

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
We tried to get away from Flash and they're not taking it well.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Paint.net is my favorite photo editor but I realize it’s not as capable as Photoshop or Gimp.

It’s unbelievable that Adobe is trying some of the same business practices as scummy fitness centers. Are they spiraling the drain or did they just hire some Randian dickhead to run the company?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Affinity Photo is $50 and supposedly pretty full featured. I've been messing with Affinity Designer, their version of Illustrator and it seems pretty good so far.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Affinity is excellent. Capture One Pro is also a fantastic Lightroom equivalent, and much better in some ways.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

shame on an IGA posted:

yeah john deere started this poo poo years ago

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Hack the planet!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

shame on an IGA posted:

Related, Ontario tried to pass a law requiring companies to provide consumers and small businesses the tools, parts and knowledge to perform repairs on brand name devices at customer request. Mysteriously the bill was shut down on the floor after an Apple representative spoke to government officials

Real thinker there

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Casimir Radon posted:

Affinity Photo is $50 and supposedly pretty full featured. I've been messing with Affinity Designer, their version of Illustrator and it seems pretty good so far.

I've been using Affinity Designer for years and it's excellent.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They Shall Not Grow Old is on amazon paid streaming now if anyone missed it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Cheeto Dick plans on using 2 billion dollars of the Pell Grant surplus to fund NASA’s moon missions.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong as 2001 and 2003 news casts are a bit fuzzy to me but isn't that exactly how both Afghanistan and Iraq wars got started

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Syrian Lannister posted:

Cheeto Dick plans on using 2 billion dollars of the Pell Grant surplus to fund NASA’s moon missions.

lmao

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

idk i was in basic when we invaded iraq

i missed out on that and freedom fries. and the shuttle disintegrating when landing.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

orange juche posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong as 2001 and 2003 news casts are a bit fuzzy to me but isn't that exactly how both Afghanistan and Iraq wars got started

It's certainly how morons thought it was going to get started. Apparently our crazy sniper kill teams and special forces are somehow getting into Iran undetected by air and ground detection and threat systems. And it's easy, just chop the head off the snake, obvs! If you do that, the whole thing collapses!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

You must be wrong; that man later goes on to say that he knows what he’s talking about because he served for 10 years.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ahh yes the swiftly executed Iraq war

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Key to going to war:

Spend months talking about how clean/awesome the war will be. (during this time ship tons of poo poo to theater)

Commence war, results may vary.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

Key to going to war:

Spend months talking about how clean/awesome the war will be. (during this time ship tons of poo poo to theater)

Commence war, results may vary.

Sometimes it's a barracks, sometimes it's a wedding.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

:tenbux: says he was a cook because people in those jobs are always loudest about where we should kill our soldiers. As someone never in i think we should invade every springbreak beach in florida to shake things up for everyone in. 20 years of miserable desert, 20 years in panama city beach its only fair

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

orange juche posted:

Kinda. Afghanistan was more of a bumrush, we went in just as soon as we could. The CIA has SAD agents in only fifteen days after 9/11, and we launched the air campaign October 7th. Boots were on the ground twelve days after that, October 19

Iraq, we had to hem and haw for a while before the Democrats who wanted to run for President someday would vote for the resolution.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stravag posted:

:tenbux: says he was a cook because people in those jobs are always loudest about where we should kill our soldiers. As someone never in i think we should invade every springbreak beach in florida to shake things up for everyone in. 20 years of miserable desert, 20 years in panama city beach its only fair

Panama City Beach is full of olds during the off season, it would be p bad.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember all the Iraq War cheerleading pundits? Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity? All got to keep their jobs despite being dead wrong about Iraq. O'Reilly only lost his after blowing through Millions of dollars in hush money towards women he harassed.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Im sure it would fill up with youngs eager to exploit our fine servicepeople if we were gonna stock it with 80k troops. I was just giving an example i don't know any other beach towns. I dont like Florida. Its too humid and theres no snow and it's too hot all the time

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Smiling Jack posted:

name one video i defended

It’s more that you see terrible poo poo everyday not that I think you defend terrible cops.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can we invade Monaco in June-ish? I wouldn't mind a summer in Monaco.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

If we invade bora bora i will enlist tomorrow

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EBB posted:

Can we invade Monaco in June-ish? I wouldn't mind a summer in Monaco.

If anything is going to be invaded in June-ish its going to be Venezuela. Outside of Caracas it should average about 90F and around 70% humidity. ie Miami.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Y'all forgetting that the no matter where you fight it loving sucks

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Chichevache posted:

gently caress Adobe. If you still need image manipulation software check out GIMP. It does a ton if things photoshop does while being free and ethical.

Late to the party, but Adobe will go broke trying to enforce this new-- whatever this is. Too many people are going to continue to use old versions because they're used to it by now. I'm curious, though, if the product it comes from is visible in file's metadata? There's not much that's stopping people from porting a .psd over to a compatible program (like ClipStudio/SAI/etc) copy/pasting layers, and saving the end product in that, instead. Note that I'm sure there are other work-arounds to mask metadata and I look forward to guides being published to that effect, thus driving them even more insane.

So, like. My question becomes, with other options available anyway (that use the .psd format), how are they going to know?

Also worth it to remember that they have this bitchfit in their trademark permissions:

Adobe posted:

Trademarks are not verbs.
Correct: The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software.
Incorrect: The image was photoshopped.

Trademarks must never be used as slang terms.
Correct:Those who use Adobe® Photoshop® software to manipulate images as a hobby see their work as an art form.
Incorrect: A photoshopper sees his hobby as an art form.
Incorrect: My hobby is photoshopping.

They got real pissy about it in the early-to-late aughts.

Honestly I moved to ClipStudio for digital artwork a long time ago, which it does 1,000x better than any Adobe product on the market to date.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning that, in art school, if I didn't want to be stuck in a computer lab all day working on projects for my digital classes, I had to throw down nearly full price for Adobe software. The 'student discount' was not much of a discount, and the same goes for the purchase of drawing tablets/computers that can handle the feature bloat. My opinion of Adobe punched through the ground floor the moment I got into school, and it's been plummeting at a steady clip ever since.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 15, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Old Boot posted:

Also worth it to remember that they have this bitchfit in their trademark permissions:

Adobe posted:

Trademarks are not verbs.
Correct: The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software.
Incorrect: The image was photoshopped.

Trademarks must never be used as slang terms.
Correct:Those who use Adobe® Photoshop® software to manipulate images as a hobby see their work as an art form.
Incorrect: A photoshopper sees his hobby as an art form.
Incorrect: My hobby is photoshopping.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Huh. He lived in a moderately lovely part of town, but not really near the college. Just across the road from the base.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they didnt have a lot of cash at the time. this was during the time of the homebrew computer club in berkley and all that.

this was a few years after the letter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-exH8_3mfI

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they didnt have a lot of cash at the time. this was during the time of the homebrew computer club in berkley and all that.

this was a few years after the letter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-exH8_3mfI

Pretty sure his parents were still rich and funding his lifestyle. His father was a prominant lawyer and his mother was the daughter of a man who was president of a bank (grandfather was Federal Reserve director)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AP/status/11285...ingawful.com%2F