Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Nice, but we'll bottle the final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Frankston posted:

Up against some expert bottlers.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

gently caress my life

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Frankston posted:

Gotta get that reverse jinx in, early and often

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Suntoucher posted:

gently caress my life

Rondon for Gayle straight swap

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Dwight Gayle is a good lad who means well but he’s in that weird spot where’s too good for the Championship but not quite good enough to be the primary striker in the Premier League unless he’s playing against a Liverpool.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Dwight Gayle is a good lad who means well but he’s in that weird spot where’s too good for the Championship but not quite good enough to be the primary striker in the Premier League unless he’s playing against a Liverpool.

Do you think if all 19 non-Liverpool clubs agreed they could get the FA to approve Gayle on some kind of vs. Liverpool rotation?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

Do you think if all 19 non-Liverpool clubs agreed they could get the FA to approve Gayle on some kind of vs. Liverpool rotation?

I’m all for Liverpool never winning anything again.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
It looks like I'll be cheering on Bielsa's Boys from here on in.

Shrapnig posted:

I’m all for Liverpool never winning anything again.

Given how things have unfolded since 2012, I don't think a special arrangement is needed for this.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

There's no way this'll happen but I've heard a swap of Rondon+Murphy for Gayle, Gibbs, and Rakeem Harper might be in the works. Albion would be really stupid to agree to something like that so I'm sure it'll happen

E: thinking about it some more, Gayle for Rondon might not be so bad. We definitely need to cut wages and I'm assuming Gayle is cheaper than Rondon

sprotto fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 15, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I feel we can do better than Gibbs but also benitez is completely unable to sign a good left back for some reason so I agree that will happen. No idea who rakeem harper is though

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Jose posted:

I feel we can do better than Gibbs but also benitez is completely unable to sign a good left back for some reason so I agree that will happen. No idea who rakeem harper is though

He's a highly touted (in the black country at least) midfielder developed by our youth academy, he's looked decent in a few matches this season even though he's only 18. Tottenham were/are interested in him

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Suntoucher posted:

He's a highly touted (in the black country at least)

Mods

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

The reactions I get from Americans when I say I'm from the black country, lol (I'm extremely white)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Suntoucher posted:

The reactions I get from Americans when I say I'm from the black country, lol (I'm extremely white)

Have any of them ever said you should call it “African American Country” bc I could entirely see that happening

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Have any of them ever said you should call it “African American Country” bc I could entirely see that happening

No thankfully nothing quite that bad but they universally look at me like I've grown a 2nd head until I have to tell them "no, really, that's what it's called"

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Suntoucher posted:

E: thinking about it some more, Gayle for Rondon might not be so bad. We definitely need to cut wages and I'm assuming Gayle is cheaper than Rondon

I believe they're on about the same money.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

From some googling it seems Gayle is on 40k/week while Rondon is on 60. 20k/week feels like a drop in the bucket but regardless of that, I think it's clear at this point Salomon doesn't want to come back.

My grandad is rolling is his grave at these wages btw... Still remember him whinging about players earning "a thousand pound a week to kick a bag of wind about" when I was a kid

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I don’t think Gayle will go to the championship, everything I’ve read seems like he wants a premier league shot

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
we all love leeds

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Frank getting Derby into the playoffs is a massive achievement, their squad is poo poo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

advanced statsman posted:

we all love leeds

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
nice

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

gently caress off, Fat Frank Lampard

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The articulate country

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

Frank getting Derby into the playoffs is a massive achievement, their squad is poo poo.

Frank is fat and the only thing going up is his weight.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

gently caress fat frank

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

advanced statsman posted:

we all love leeds

:hmmyes:

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
didn't see any follow through there but ok

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Turdy Cunty Shams

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The gently caress is Kiko Casilla doing playing for Leeds?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lol bamford will never get a call again

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Six bookings so far, spicy stuff.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
someone's gonna get sent off

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Keogh looks like a rough sleeper

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
fat piece of poo poo frank is gonna throw a tantrum so bielsa lets him score one for free

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

somehow I've been booked by Anthony Taylor for watching this match, and I'm several thousand miles away

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa v Leeds is gonna be a tasty affair

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Frankston posted:

Villa v Leeds is gonna be a tasty affair

I hope Biesla pokes John Terry in the eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

I hope Biesla pokes John Terry in the eye.

Pontus Jansson is going to dismember Jack Grealish on live television and everyone will enjoy it.