Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the Wario games are like Mario games but with fun allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mega64 posted:

How come the Wario games always have better art than the Mario games?

Is it because Wario is part of the aristocracy while Mario is the hard-nosed working man?

because Mario games are about being For Literally Everyone so their artwork prioritizes function over form while the various spinoffs are made by different teams geared towards different tastes and are therefore more likely to play around with how they present themselves?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Augus posted:

because Mario games are about being For Literally Everyone so their artwork prioritizes form over function while the various spinoffs are made by different teams geared towards different tastes and are therefore more likely to play around with how they present themselves?

Impossible, must be Nintendo advancing a pro-capitalism agenda by making people support the beautiful Wario in his endeavors to hoard wealth.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

One of my favorite parts of octopath traveller was pointing out pre-release that late game random encounters would likely become miserable slogs and being 100% correct.

It really is a tedious expansion pack.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HenryEx posted:

shame about the game tho

WL4 owns. All the Wario Land games own except for Master of Disguise.:barf:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Is it because Wario is part of the aristocracy while Mario is the hard-nosed working man?

Wario games were largely developed by folks from R&D2 which made real experimental stuff, so they boundary push in different ways including puzzle design and the quality of the graphics and animations. Sometimes they lay groundwork for future, higher profile games; for example, Metroid Fusion builds on the Warioland 4 engine.

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 14, 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mega64
May 23, 2008

CYBEReris posted:

Wario games were largely developed by folks from R&D2 which made real experimental stuff, so they boundary push in different ways including puzzle design and the quality of the graphics and animations. Sometimes they lay groundwork for future, higher profile games; for example, Metroid Fusion builds on the Warioland 4 engine.

So why doesn't Nintendo let us plebs make a Wario? We can make a Mario, but we're not good enough to make a Wario?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Actually, thinking about it, we aren't.

Nevermind, carry on.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mega64 posted:

So why doesn't Nintendo let us plebs make a Wario? We can make a Mario, but we're not good enough to make a Wario?

Wario Waker

it's Wind Waker but with Wario

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

excited for the reveal of Super Waluigi 4D World Rammers

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Octopath is definitely not for everyone
Octopath is definitely not perfect
Octopath is quite fun and good

Some hybrid of Octopath and Bravely could be RPGOAT

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Re: GoldenEye chat(kind of)
I played most of Perfect Dark's campaign for the first time on Rare Replay and had a fun time until I got to a level where everything looked the same. Beyond that it was a lot of fun for what it was.

The best Wario game is the Gamecube Wario Ware. Really wish I could get an online version of that just for the balancing on turtles mode.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I still think very few games have matched the enjoyment of intelligently scaling difficulty levels and objectives of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

the last thing u see before u die

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Anybody have a good cartridge case to recommend? All the ones I've seen are too friggin big or refuse to let go of the cartridge until you threaten to get a blowtorch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mega64 posted:

They're tried to make the first 100% grossing A-list game of all time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wario is real working class, Mario is lifted F-250 gucci overalls.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Anybody have a good cartridge case to recommend? All the ones I've seen are too friggin big or refuse to let go of the cartridge until you threaten to get a blowtorch.

Too big in what way, actual dimensions or “I don’t need that much storage”? The Amazon basics one that holds 24 carts, or 23 and 2 micro SD carts is good and quite happily in the top of my Orzly case.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072FRJW5H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
:siren:Ausgoons:siren:

EB Games is having their semi-annual stock purge, and there's a bunch of decent prices on Switch games. StarLink starter packs are only $29AUD, as are the other ships. Weapons are $10AUD.

A lot of the $50AUD games are now down around the $35AUD mark too.

All amiibo are $4AUD.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's gorgeous.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
it stinks

Spellman
May 31, 2011

drat I miss this game

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Octopath is definitely not for everyone
Octopath is definitely not perfect
Octopath is quite fun and good

Some hybrid of Octopath and Bravely could be RPGOAT

Just make Chrono Trigger 2

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Direct link to the Direct for whom it may concern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNS1Fb1l8c

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Spellman posted:

they did.

it was... horrible

e: and before someone thinks i'm talking about chrono cross i'm not

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

they did.

it was... horrible

e: and before someone thinks i'm talking about chrono cross i'm not

No, real Chrono Trigger 2

And I heard that one was pretty good

Wait what

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/i-am-setsuna-switch/

if im setsuna doesn't count they also made a mobage based on the rough outline behind chrono brake, which, well it was a mobage

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Spellman posted:

I Am Setsuna is Chrono Trigger's combat with FFX's story.

Somehow it ends up being completely bland at both. So the company tried it again with Lost Sphear, which I don't think anybody has ever actually played, and for good reason.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I thought you were talking about Radical Dreamers for a second there.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Somehow it ends up being completely bland at both.

I'll check it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Somehow it ends up being completely bland at both. So the company tried it again with Lost Sphear, which I don't think anybody has ever actually played, and for good reason.
aren't they churning out yet another one?

Tokyo RPG Factory - even their name is :effort:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:siren:Ausgoons:siren:
All amiibo are $4AUD.

My god...

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I thought you were talking about Radical Dreamers for a second there.
Same and I was gonna say Chiding Words about it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I will not apologize for enabling your sudden and rapid amiibo collection growth, I only hope you enjoy them :yayclod:.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nes games are up. Get a Clu

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

more like Tokyo RPG Shovelware Factory

Squeenix should stop giving them production monies and dump all the manpower into the team who did Bravely Default/Octopath. Those people actually "get" it. The devs who said games like Lost Sphear or Setsuna are "like Chrono Trigger in spirit" have absolutely no idea what made CT great or even how to make a game that doesn't look like the blandest cheese sandwich imaginable.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Nes games are up. Get a Clu
Wow these NES games must be so much work if they finally release them halfway through the month.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Their next game looks different at least, more of a real time adventure combat system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Merkinman posted:

Wow these NES games must be so much work if they finally release them halfway through the month.

That's just the release schedule