Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'd like to imagine new ghost's got BMO's voice :3:
Applying previous Gunnerkrigg patterns to the current page: big scary monster head we can't understand is a chill friendly bro, initially adorable cute thing is literally ghost Hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Have we seen patterns like that text before? It looks familiar.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
It looks like the patterns on the robots core thingy.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

BrightWing posted:

It looks like the patterns on the robots core thingy.

So Diego probably negotiated with some god for souls to stuff into robots, and now Kat is altering the terms of the deal in some fashion.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I like to imagine the first and last things that deity said really were "Ah, hello" and "Could you use an interpreter?"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

There Bias Two posted:

So Diego probably negotiated with some god for souls to stuff into robots, and now Kat is altering the terms of the deal in some fashion.

Power move: telling a god to "pray I don't alter it further."

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Big Aztec-looking thing posted:

Wow!

Big Aztec-looking thing posted:

This post is terrible!

Fake edit: Terrifying thought of the day: Boxbot as a deity.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Rey would just work so well as an avatar.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Hremsfeld posted:

Fake edit: Terrifying thought of the day: Boxbot as a deity.

This explains everything! Boxbot is terrible! But not in the modern sense. No, Boxbot is terrible like an ancient god.

Old Testament style.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Tuxedo Ted posted:

This explains everything! Boxbot is terrible! But not in the modern sense. No, Boxbot is terrible like an ancient god.

Old Testament style.

In place of a Dark Lord...

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
You will have a Bright Lord, all shiny and chrome and terrible! All will rejoice and fear him!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mimesweeper posted:

one of the greatest pages of all time

quote:

Smitty was right. The training was in tents.
:dadjoke:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

maswastaken posted:

I like to imagine the first and last things that deity said really were "Ah, hello" and "Could you use an interpreter?"

I want to see glowing man's intrepetation credentials.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

That joke would have worked a lit better if it wasn't about a guy alone in the wilderness with his underage female student

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Xand_Man posted:

That joke would have worked a lit better if it wasn't about a guy alone in the wilderness with his underage female student

Fortunately, the pun doesn't work unless tents is plural.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Someone mention the early chapters got me down that rabbit hole, and I'm reminded that the Tic-Toks feature very heavily in those early chapters, and haven't really been around recently. I wonder when we're going to get back around to them.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
No worries, it's just a verification bat

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Yes, we could use an interpreter. Get us a compiler and assembler while you're at it, because clearly our existing IDE is having issues. :v:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
....huh. I am now even more confused

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh huh if Kat derives her transfer from the data that she got when shifting over Rey... and she’s using the same method. Improper!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh my god otherworldly and/or magic bureaucracy. I love this :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh huh if Kat derives her transfer from the data that she got when shifting over Rey... and she’s using the same method. Improper!

Yep, this is definitely it.
I wonder if this means that Rey is going to be accidentally freed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So if she’s been using this transfer then did a whole bunch of things end up belonging to annie? :v

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

So if she’s been using this transfer then did a whole bunch of things end up belonging to annie? :v

Probably. Would be pretty funny if the Annies suddenly owned an Arthur.

I do like how the translators handles 2 Annies.
:ghost: "Oh, you've been shifted. 's cool."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Darth TNT posted:

Yep, this is definitely it.
I wonder if this means that Rey is going to be accidentally freed.

Nah, Annie was shifted, so it's okay.

But I do wonder if Rey would act any different, if he was suddenly free. We would all kinda assume that he'd still be nice, since he actually cares about Annie, but what if that is just a subtile effect of his slave contract?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Maybe shifted just means 'put back in the queue while we deal with the real problems'.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Kaaaaat. You can't give away Renard when you don't own Renard. All those science smarts and you couldn't figure that one out?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I know we'll get there eventually but what the heck does Annie and Rey's contract have to do with transferring Arthur's conscience?

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

BrightWing posted:

I know we'll get there eventually but what the heck does Annie and Rey's contract have to do with transferring Arthur's conscience?

Pretty sure more detail will come but remember when Kat returned ownership of Renard to Annie and used technology? Guessing she adapted the tech to do this soul transfer.

My programmer side bets Kat somehow accidentally hard-coded something that was meant to be a variable and missed it. Not like she'd have a lot of things to test the tech on and production is where you always find the bugs

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Of all the things this could possibly have turned out to be, "Bureaucrat to negotiate a possible contract breach" was not one that had occurred to me.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bremma posted:

Pretty sure more detail will come but remember when Kat returned ownership of Renard to Annie and used technology? Guessing she adapted the tech to do this soul transfer.

My programmer side bets Kat somehow accidentally hard-coded something that was meant to be a variable and missed it. Not like she'd have a lot of things to test the tech on and production is where you always find the bugs
Her machine might be running "transfer property1 from object1 to object2 using authority1" and she didn't know about the authority1 variable, the previous instance of which she no longer has access to and wouldn't have been suitable anyway.

As soon as she realises the problem Kat will write up a quick GenericAuthority kludge fix and accidentally grant herself ether root access.

That or Robot will somehow get her nominated as Supreme robot.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
my god, it's Ether Office Assistant

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Then Kat records which of her permissions are active and got changed, then chmod 777 on herself

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I do not understand

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
It appears Kat copied some code and changed some variables. So, this is arbitration over the license on soul transfer software.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

One idea I had is that the court owns Arthur so no one involved here has the authority to transfer him.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Drunk Theory posted:

It appears Kat copied some code and changed some variables. So, this is arbitration over the license on soul transfer software.

Maaaan, this is gonna get soooo expensive.

Soon: Every soul in the court being stored in a single ether computer running Remote Desktop, and then they run out of sessions and everyone just keels over.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
Congrats, Kat. You hacked the Ether.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Maaaan, this is gonna get soooo expensive.

Soon: Every soul in the court being stored in a single ether computer running Remote Desktop, and then they run out of sessions and everyone just keels over.

This is why I'm moving to Linux for jump boxes cause screw remote desktop server licensing!

But legitimately I'm curious to see how this scenario plays out cause this does feel very codey and permission based which is extremely my jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

madjack posted:

Maybe shifted just means 'put back in the queue while we deal with the real problems'.

It definitely means shifted through time because that's how we ended up with two Annies, and it's fine because that means they're technically the same person so no problem there with the contract.