Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Danish Starscream is the fat kid of the Decepticons:randstare::randpop::randvince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

He's like everybody's impersonation voice.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I thought the other posts saying they were not prepared would have prepared me

But I was not prepared.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
he soundss like the swedish chef having a panic attack

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
What the gently caress is that voice and how do we kill it? :stare:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TaurusOxford posted:

What the gently caress is that voice and how do we kill it? :stare:

Her er et tip:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They knew Starscream needed to sound distinct, dignified, and memorable

They did not know the meaning of most of those words

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
aaaaahahahahaha

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Checking this thread was the best decision I’ve made today.

Megatron: *gravelly, dignified voice*
Starscream: *sounds like John C. Reilly trying to imitate the Swedish Chef*

Edit: I see DoctorWhat already had similar thoughts

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm guessing the Seekers weren't big sellers in Denmark

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I was not expecting that voice at alllll.

My fave dub voice is Mandarin Soundwave though since he seems to be singing every line.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYEcAbdDnQ8

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Humongous Pear posted:

Checking this thread was the best decision I’ve made today.

Megatron: *gravelly, dignified voice*
Starscream: *sounds like John C. Reilly trying to imitate the Swedish Chef*

Edit: I see DoctorWhat already had similar thoughts
It's clearly the Swedish Chef. No doubts.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hi-Ho, Starscream the Jet here!

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

I need to hear the different dubs of the dinobots now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

They knew Starscream needed to sound distinct, dignified, and memorable

They did not know the meaning of most of those words

In what way is Chris Latta’s shrieking bag of cats that is his Starscream/Cobra Commander voice dignified?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Nodosaur posted:

In what way is Chris Latta’s shrieking bag of cats that is his Starscream/Cobra Commander voice dignified?
Why are you attacking someone for making an obvious joke?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Why are you attacking someone for making an obvious joke?

Look who you're asking and all will be revealed :v:

PSX seem to be shipping MMC Ravage reissues today, I'm excited to get him in hand now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nevermind. I wasn’t trying to attack anyone, but I can’t find a better way to explain myself.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 14, 2019

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Nod, I never said the original Starscream had a dignified voice.

What he did have was a voice that largely fit in but was distinctive and characterful for who his character was.

Swedish Starscream is not that

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah, I was mostly trying to make fun of Starscream myself. It’s not a bad voice.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFgB6E3bhns

This is the worst use of Cog ever.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I know I should probably have more sentimentality for them because Armada was a key part of my childhood, but every time I see an H tank I can't believe Hasbro just decided that was a thing.

Like it's recognizable as a tank in a vague sense because it's just a big ol' gun with some treads underneath, but otherwise it's as much like a real vehicle as any Cybertronian mode.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Generations Warpath kicked rear end tho

And while Armada Megatron sucked in vehicle mode, man was robot mode well-suited to the character.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I know I should probably have more sentimentality for them because Armada was a key part of my childhood, but every time I see an H tank I can't believe Hasbro just decided that was a thing.

Like it's recognizable as a tank in a vague sense because it's just a big ol' gun with some treads underneath, but otherwise it's as much like a real vehicle as any Cybertronian mode.

Halo decided it was a thing. Hasbro just followed the trend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GD_American posted:

Generations Warpath kicked rear end tho

And while Armada Megatron sucked in vehicle mode, man was robot mode well-suited to the character.

He's 100% brick in bot mode but I love him all the same.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope there's a second one where the decepticon cog shows up and kicks cog's rear end for two-on-oneing on megatron, that's not how fighting games work!!!

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I like several of the Armada toys, brickiness be damned. Megatron, Tidal Wave (have the Energon repaint), Overload and Starscream (although I’ve got the Skywarp remold) all come to mind. I’d love to see Tidal Wave get an update that lets him have knees. Heck, I’ve got a soft spot for Demolishor too. Maybe all my warm fuzzies are because Armada was the first full line where I was actively hunting stuff, instead of looking for things second hand.

Quick question: I’m trying to find and buy a drill hand for MMC Spartan. I got him alongside Carnifex, and Spartan was supposed to be co p,eye, but the other guy didn’t have it or didn’t send it and never answered when I asked if he could look for it last week. MMC told me that the factory is all out of Spartan bits and that he’s not in production. I haven’t had any luck with parts wanted threads or groups, and the retailers I’ve emailed are understandably not that willing to sell an extra piece to someone who didn’t give them $90. Should I just kinda give up on this?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Humongous Pear posted:

I like several of the Armada toys, brickiness be damned. Megatron, Tidal Wave (have the Energon repaint), Overload and Starscream (although I’ve got the Skywarp remold) all come to mind. I’d love to see Tidal Wave get an update that lets him have knees. Heck, I’ve got a soft spot for Demolishor too. Maybe all my warm fuzzies are because Armada was the first full line where I was actively hunting stuff, instead of looking for things second hand.

He's got one in Titans Return but I'm hoping for one at the new Commander Class size now that it's been introduced so he can be properly yuge

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Still not great, but slightly better than the mess from before.

Meanwhile at first glance you could legit mistake this shot for the CG model from the show.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 15, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Plug in your VR set, ya Dingus.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don't remember her being so..... well endowed in the show? Maybe I was too young to notice, I haven't ever re-watched it.

It feels like in robot mode her boobs are too big and in beast mode her butt is too big, girl can't catch a break.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don't remember her being so..... well endowed in the show? Maybe I was too young to notice, I haven't ever re-watched it.

Having revisited the show in its entirety recently, yeah, she pretty chesty.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Actually this is cool and good?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Actually this is cool and good?

Cog: "Optimus, want me to transform into some armor and guns for your fight with Megatron?"

Prime: "Nah. I'll just grab his arms while you beat the poo poo out of him."

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Toy seems pretty accurate, really.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus, and here I was mocking people for that Arce tit mod. I guess It'll just sit in spider mode.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sadly that's just the design

It didn't look as bad on a lovely CGI model for being a lovely CGI model

But brought into the physical

Yikes

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I think it's fair to say I was pretty blind to stuff like that as a kid watching that show. Some things just don't stand the test of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Burkion posted:

Sadly that's just the design

It didn't look as bad on a lovely CGI model for being a lovely CGI model

But brought into the physical

Yikes

But she has bigger tits in the CGI model from what's been posted.