Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wait hang on, did someone just imply that 5 cups of tea a day is too many? Rather than "A good start but what are you going to drink after 10am"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

I don't understand my countrymen's obsession with tea.

To maintain my internal levels of bitterness I need a bitter drink of black coffee (and also to drink it in under 5 minutes).

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkCZAzZ1hqk

Why can't they have this camera instead of the over the head camera. It's amazing how easy the current onboard camera makes everything look. At least with this you can actually see exactly what the drivers doing and it looks exciting. I can only thing it's for safety reasons I guess?

harperdc posted:

Awesome, now let’s see how they have to update Zandvoort to make F1 level. There’s a few places on the current layout that need a lot more runoff room.

I posted earlier that its a category below the F1 standard, also the fact that one of the corners is directly behind the pitlane with minimal runoff. So I guess they might have to move the pitlane possibly? Dunno, it sounds like they'll gently caress it up for the sake of F1

Frond posted:

Unless they return to Jerez I will not care if F1 never sets foot in Spain again.

I'm flying to Jerez de la Frontera, I should probably go visit the track.

Dudley posted:

Wait hang on, did someone just imply that 5 cups of tea a day is too many? Rather than "A good start but what are you going to drink after 10am"?

Tea is the invention of the British and is the worst, probably dulls the taste of all the bad british food that the british eat because they are all inbread and retarded

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

track day bro! posted:

Why can't they have this camera instead of the over the head camera. It's amazing how easy the current onboard camera makes everything look. At least with this you can actually see exactly what the drivers doing and it looks exciting. I can only thing it's for safety reasons I guess?

That's something I also don't understand. The helmet cams deliver so much more speed and overall feeling of what it takes to drive these cars and make split-second decisions. I understand that attached cameras are a security risk, but with all the money going into F1, it should be possible to strike a deal with a least one of the bigger helmet manufacturers or mandate some kind of standardized mounting for it. It would add a lot to the show, and I am pretty sure that F1 engineers are able to find a way to integrate them in a safe way.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Once the novelty wears off, it's just another on-board shot, but now you have camera shake and less information about the track.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

#Pray4Charles

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Tea is the invention of the British and is the worst, probably dulls the taste of all the bad british food that the british eat because they are all inbread and retarded

We are not sandwiches?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I bet helmet cams don’t exist because the teams don’t want everyone to see their screens.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

Once the novelty wears off, it's just another on-board shot, but now you have camera shake and less information about the track.

Liberty already hosed up the useful information anyway and the camera shake makes it look like the drivers are working. The current onboards look so smooth and due to the position everything looks incredibly slow. I mean on that onboard you can even see that the gearshifts aren't smooth, which you aren't able to tell at all from the normal view.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Speaking of smooth, look at all the smooth-brains who managed to under-perform Williams so far this season

One might conclude the French are incredibly fraudulent from this graph.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Khablam posted:

Speaking of smooth, look at all the smooth-brains who managed to under-perform Williams so far this season
One might conclude the French are incredibly fraudulent from this graph.

You needed a graph to realize that?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's just a graph of who has DNFed most. And Grosjean is Swiss

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Also: 90 million cans (unfilled)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Theophany posted:

Be careful, there's also the sports direct mug that owns Newcastle football club.

The geordies I met called him a coant or something. Not sure what that is.

track day bro! posted:

Drinking tea is in fact cultural appropriation and willfull ignorance of an unjust war. Every cup is a slap in the face to the thousands of lives taken.

Wish I could find that tweet by the guy who thought yorkshire tea was grown in yorkshire.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lmao that rich energy thought they could plaster a blatantly stolen logo on a car televised around the world and get away with it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

Drinking tea is in fact cultural appropriation and willfull ignorance of an unjust war. Every cup is a slap in the face to the thousands of lives taken.

Wish I could find that tweet by the guy who thought yorkshire tea was grown in yorkshire.

So what yioure telling me is that British people alongside Americans, Canadians and Australians are all le epic fail and should have their countries reduced to glass via multiple thermonuclear bombs?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

track day bro! posted:

So what yioure telling me is that British people alongside Americans, Canadians and Australians are all le epic fail and should have their countries reduced to glass via multiple thermonuclear bombs?

Yes but don’t forget India or New Zealand

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rebus posted:

I don't understand my countrymen's obsession with tea.

To maintain my internal levels of bitterness I need a bitter drink of black coffee (and also to drink it in under 5 minutes).

With no sugar and after a cheese and salami sándwich

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

I guess you can't blame legitimate companies not wanting anything to do with F1.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Yes but don’t forget India or New Zealand

New Zeland and Australia are literally the same country

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm amazed I never heard it before, but I absolutely love that F1 teams are so fraudulent that they actually fell for a Nigerian oil prince scam.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm amazed I never heard it before, but I absolutely love that F1 teams are so fraudulent that they actually fell for a Nigerian oil prince scam.

Rich Energy Drinks?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Rich Energy Drinks?

T-minus energy drinks.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

It's just a graph of who has DNFed most. And Grosjean is Swiss
Grosjean speaking about his skill in his native tongue:

quote:

Je suis une fraude massive
Any French person in the paddock doing the same:

quote:

Je suis une fraude massive

:thunk:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I can see why Haas would fall for this scam i mean why wouldn't you think a company called rich energy drink wasn't loaded its right there in the name!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Which clothing line to I have to buy to support Stroll?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

track day bro! posted:

The current onboards look so smooth and due to the position everything looks incredibly slow.

An easy fix for this would be to just disable the image stabilisation for the current on-board footage, it's not just the positioning of the camera.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tuo posted:

Tapout

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

tuo posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Stroll would be a terrible garbage man.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

Just lol if your entire wardrobe isn't festooned in Kimoa logos

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tuo posted:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tuo posted:

His race engineer is selling custom shirts.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Sorry for the crosspost but Fernando just went into a wall hard at Indy but is apparently okay

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MaoistBanker posted:

Sorry for the crosspost but Fernando just went into a wall hard at Indy but is apparently okay

We call that a Stroll

e: also, it wasn't that hard, was it?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
It was a pretty good hit, but nothing too bad:

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1128704779805437953

marshalljim fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 15, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bin man bins car, news at 11

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The hit on the inside wall is harder than it looks.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

Yikes, yes.
Car's aren't meant to recreate pool-ball trajectories off walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Big Huski Boi posted:

Same, but the ski slope.