Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
do we get to tar and feather musk yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Silver Alicorn posted:

do we get to tar and feather musk yet

Go right ahead!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
what does solarcity have to do at all with tesla and why did the board go along with buying it up and assuming all its terrible debt and why didn't this tank tsla's stock price and just, gently caress. also they took away that super sayan smilie and im even more upset.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Nfcknblvbl posted:

the powerwall's main purpose is to generate press releases

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

what does solarcity have to do at all with tesla and why did the board go along with buying it up and assuming all its terrible debt and why didn't this tank tsla's stock price and just, gently caress. also they took away that super sayan smilie and im even more upset.

Tesla's acquisition of solar city was Elon self-dealing an quickly-failing enterprise to a less-quickly-failing enterprise and the rest of the board just going "first, i love car company"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

what if you could sell people a solar car charger for their house

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
wasn't his weirdo cowboy brother also involved with solarcity? or maybe his cousin or something

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

yeah, some of musk's relatives did very well when solarcity was sold to tesla

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Tesla's acquisition of solar city was Elon self-dealing an quickly-failing enterprise to a less-quickly-failing enterprise and the rest of the board just going "first, i love car company"

edging into enron territory with this weird not really bought or sold co pseudo owned corporate rearranging nonsense here and i for one cannot wait to read the book on all this

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I'm just waiting for Musk to complete his matrix philosophy wank and announce man-machine batteries

Elon Musk, The Dreadnought posted:

Even in death, I surge

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 15, 2019

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

You people just don't understand the powerful synergy achieved when solarcity is combined with tesla

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's really fun looking at articles from before Elon's most recent capital adventures:

quote:

With Tesla’s unsecured debt at 85 cents on the dollar and yielding north of 8 percent, borrowing money from the bond market would be too onerous, according to Joel Levington, an analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence. In the first quarter, the company reported free cash flow of negative $920 million.

“They shouldn’t be issuing high coupon debt because don’t have cash in first place to pay it off,” he says. “That’s not mathematically sound or prudent.”

Levington says Tesla is likely to sell more stock, take out a secured term loan or borrow money from a bank. While issuing equity could dilute per-share earnings for existing holders, a $2 billion infusion would help put Tesla’s liquidity fears to rest, and could ultimately support the stock price.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wasn't his weirdo cowboy brother also involved with solarcity? or maybe his cousin or something

i didn't know that and went to look it up:

A number of large investors criticized Tesla’s decision to buy SolarCity at the time, calling it a bailout, rather than a traditional arms-length deal.

Musk’s cousins launched SolarCity with a $10 million check from Musk, who remained the company’s single largest shareholder, and its longtime chairman. When the deal closed, Musk converted his stake in SolarCity into $500 million worth of Tesla stock.

His cousins, Lyndon and Peter Rive, both quit Tesla less than a year after the deal closed.

:lol:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
love the car, but

https://twitter.com/johnblackjr/status/1128330292098285568

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
all the liability with none of the control!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lolol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

listen man you accepted the EULA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

You figure he'd be going nuts and demanding the source code by now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

You figure he'd be going nuts and demanding the source code by now.

You'd figure he'd know the difference between an end user and beta tester.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Powershift posted:

You'd figure he'd know the difference between an end user and beta tester.

the tech industry has been slowly offloading testing costs onto end users for a little while now, with microsoft leading the charge

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

might be a troll but this reply is funy

https://twitter.com/djholoquest/status/1128480519916855297

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/djholoquest/status/1124111821005307904

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
is that a mini tesla shaped fob

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
so epic

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

The following media includes potentially sensitive content.

:psyduck:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

is that a mini tesla shaped fob

that’s the shape of the official fob

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
they should make the fob a narwhal how frickin epic would that be

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it looks like a novelty computer mouse

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i wonder how often tesla owners lose it up their asses

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i wonder how often tesla owners lose it up their asses

they probably don't lose sight of it with their entire head up there too

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

what if the fob had a button that makes it fart lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
why doesn't it come in a bacon flavor

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

does it vibrate? asking for a friend who loves the car

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
squeeze it and the fuckport opens up

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
luv 2 have to consult my key fob's manual in order to perform basic tasks

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

it’s common knowledge among thieves that you can steal model Ss parked outside homes by using signal boosters to pick up key fobs in homes, and they just drive the car away. lots of S owners counter this by literally placing their fobs in faraday cages

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
remember how the official fix for this and also the whole "used a cipher that was broken 20 years ago" thing was to 2fa your car with a PIN, which you had to enter to start it?

that's some good goddamn poo poo right there

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
didn't they also have a thing where tesla would help you steal the car if you called in to support and just read the VIN off the window, because they'd associate it with your smartphone app and then you could just drive off?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

lmao hanging your key around your neck like a goddamn freshman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Not a Children posted:

lmao hanging your key around your neck like a goddamn freshman

If i had a pinto, i 100% loving would.

that motherfucker has a spark plug gapper in it's crest key.