Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Does it work if you have it on Repeat in slow mode? I know clearing doesn't work, but I've been trying to level the RagnaHulk uniform by Repeating the Slow Way. And does it only level up the uniform on the active character, or will the second and third teammates also get uni leveling?

I've been playing the Co-Op Play in slow mode to try and boost unis but just noticed today that it wasn't giving me any for the new unis I got, so boo.

yeah it works in repeat (or did last time i checked), yeah it works for all three characters, nah it doesnt work in co op cos that doesnt give xp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

If you're like me and haven't grabbed Nick Fury yet, 2500 crystals on the the Captain Marvel Legendary Battle gets you him at 6* and if you have the T2 Mega Ticket you can use it on him. I was debating between doing that and using it on Sabretooth, but I think Nick Fury will be useful more often.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Time for my "Who should I use this T2 mega on?" post:

- Enchantress
- Luna Snow (her gear is 19/17/17/17)
- Anti Man
- Ghost Panther
- Nova
- Sentinel
- Crescent
- Ghost
- Blue Marvel

My instinct says Luna Snow then T3 her. My gut really says just continue hoarding the ticket for months if not a year.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Hoard it until the servers shut down, what if they revive the game and release someone really cool?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

- Enchantress
- Anti Man
- Ghost Panther
- Nova
- Sentinel
- Crescent
- Ghost
- Blue Marvel

My instinct says Luna Snow then T3 her. My gut really says just continue hoarding the ticket for months if not a year.

im holding mine for the next xmen patch. of that list... yeah, luna snow, although its a shame all the bios you put into her gear are wasted. shes by far the best one on that list tho. ghost panther #2.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Hey, folks. I’m just jumping into this game and I’m hoping to get into a Goon alliance. Any spots for someone new?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

A surfing dog?! posted:

If you're like me and haven't grabbed Nick Fury yet, 2500 crystals on the the Captain Marvel Legendary Battle gets you him at 6* and if you have the T2 Mega Ticket you can use it on him. I was debating between doing that and using it on Sabretooth, but I think Nick Fury will be useful more often.

How does this work? I bought it and dont see any way to get him

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

How does this work? I bought it and dont see any way to get him

The second mission where you play as him, if you don't have him yet and click his portrait it offers to sell him to you for the crystals. Sorry if you bought extreme mode as it wasn't required. Hopefully some day they make Type easier to improve or change it back to mythic uniforms so you can get the best rewards out of it.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

The Dave posted:

- Enchantress
- Anti Man
- Ghost Panther
- Nova
- Sentinel
- Crescent
- Ghost
- Blue Marvel

Out of that list, absolutely Luna Snow unless you’re planning to drop money on a bio sub soon.

The only other person on that specific list that’s worth considering is Ghost Panther and only for support. Luna Snow is useful for endgame ABX/WBU/Shadowlands. Everyone else is outclassed at this point if you’re looking for best-in-class characters, and given that a Mega T2 is like ~$80, you probably should.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My Mega T2 options are

Anti Man
Nova
Quasar
Hyperion
Enchantress
Spidey 2099
Valkyrie
Ironheart
Crescent
Kid Kaiju
Killmonger
ArachKnight
Sentinel (would have to use a Mega 6 Ticket)
Nadia Pym (same)
Ghost (ditto)

None of them really seem all that tempting. Closest is Valk for her ally buff but don't think its really worth it. So i'm probably holding out for now. I plan to get an X-Gene package when the next mutant update comes so that will add Gambit, Magick, Weapon Hex, Juggernaut, and whoever to the list and they all seem more tempting to me. Plus there's Nick Fury and Rescue and Sabertooth and Psylocke and whoever I still want to grab.

Soon enough we'll probably have some Epic Quest that demands you T2 some really hard to farm person so you can get some really great person. So I'll just wait and see what comes.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

bagrada posted:

The second mission where you play as him, if you don't have him yet and click his portrait it offers to sell him to you for the crystals. Sorry if you bought extreme mode as it wasn't required. Hopefully some day they make Type easier to improve or change it back to mythic uniforms so you can get the best rewards out of it.

drat, well its my fault for not really paying attention to this mode that much

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Patch notes for the 15th including Rescue, and we're getting a uniform sale today with various other events.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Glad I noticed you can't use the T2 Mega unless they are already 6*. Saves me from shelling out money to recruit Juggernaut only to get pissed that I can't T2 him immediately.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That is so dirty releasing another Capt Marvel costume.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

The Dave posted:

That is so dirty releasing another Capt Marvel costume.

It is, but the upside is that it has synergy with her movie costume, meaning that they have the exact same skills and effects and the only reason you’d want both is for a small bonus. If you have the movie costume already, the Endgame one will be like 630 crystals when it’s on sale.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

drat, well its my fault for not really paying attention to this mode that much

Sorry I wasn't clearer about that, I completely forgot that the extreme mode cost the same amount of crystals and there could be some confusion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like an idiot because I'm pretty sure Ghost was the same deal and i just forgot and grabbed her with the bio sub.

There's always too many things I want to grab with crystals.

I'm never getting Psylocke.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like an idiot because I'm pretty sure Ghost was the same deal and i just forgot and grabbed her with the bio sub.

There's always too many things I want to grab with crystals.

I'm never getting Psylocke.

Psylocke is so much better than anything else you can spend crystals on save Invisible Woman.

Edit: Just remembered you need Psylocke to get Stryfe. I’d say that’s a better purchase than IW even (disclaimer, I have Stryfe at 70 with a CTP and haven’t finished leveling Doom yet, but from what I understand, they’re pretty interchangeable from a PvP standpoint and Psylocke > Invisible Woman from a PvE standpoint).

blue.eyed.ash fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 14, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Probably, its just that she costs so much that by the time I'm even close to having the amount I need there's been like 50 different costume sales and new costumes and new crystal characters and other stuff tempting me.

And like, I'm not really wanting for anything game wise these days so like "better than X" kind of rolls off my back. If you can't clear a level 30 WBU for me you're just a soldier at this stage.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

There's videos of Psylocke doing 35 and 40 Ebony Maw, not that he's hard to find people for. 30 Corvus too. Then again maybe there's videos of Red Skull doing the same, people are crazy.

edit: not giving you a hard time, the crystal deficit for non-whales is real and I know the feeling, but she really is good. No peer pressure!

bagrada fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 15, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm not knocking her. Its just that to get her I have to pass on Nick Fury and Sabertooth and all the costumes and ArachKnight and whatever else. And try as I might eventually something wins out.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm not knocking her. Its just that to get her I have to pass on Nick Fury and Sabertooth and all the costumes and ArachKnight and whatever else. And try as I might eventually something wins out.

Don't forget buying her quest gives you a bunch of crystals back. Plus is Nick that good without his costume, I really don't know, but are you hurting for more good Speed and Combat?

ArachKnight is a 3rd stringer, btw

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm never hurting for speed.

Yeah, ArachKnight isn't a top guy. He's alright but he ain't gonna be a WBU player. Just a Shadowland soldier. But its like another 750 crystals and I'll probably have enough bios to get him to 4/20. And the completionist in me will always be tempted by that whenever one of my Heroic Quests ends and I have to pick a new one.

But yes, I reiterate that Psylocke is the best option. She's just also the hardest to save for and I have weak will power when I can grab 3 costumes or something with the crystals I have. Right now I'm looking at that Archangel costume and maybe another... maybe that Quicksilver... Or FF Crystal... so many options... Will power so hard...

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

gameday posted:

Hey, folks. I’m just jumping into this game and I’m hoping to get into a Goon alliance. Any spots for someone new?

Doctor Goons has a spot if you still need one.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

blue.eyed.ash posted:

It is, but the upside is that it has synergy with her movie costume, meaning that they have the exact same skills and effects and the only reason you’d want both is for a small bonus. If you have the movie costume already, the Endgame one will be like 630 crystals when it’s on sale.

This turned out to not be the case, the new uniform is (somewhat) different.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is it strictly better? The only change I can see is the new one gives a combat boost against super-villains.

Kind of disappointed that the artwork shows the mask that isn’t there in the in game uniform.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

It's definitely a buff, the new one is better. The new one has the passive bonus the old one doesn't. It also has changed her 3rd skill to be great - it has a iframe and fracture and does way more damage than it used to.

Also it costs less to upgrade for some reason, if you're like me and never bought the last captain marvel uniform...

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm sold on the synergy uniforms now that I got the Captain Marvel one and it was mythic already to match the paired one I'd boosted. Still kind of a cash grab but I'll allow it since there's presumably a few people out there who like those white team suits, and its a good way to release CM's short hair version without pissing off the people who invested a lot in the movie costume 2 months ago.

Debating what to do with Rescue. I'm guessing she's not worth the mega-T2. For bio-sub chars I'm down to Ironheart and Kid Kaiju at 4x15+, with Crescent and Vulture at T1 4x20. Reddit chatter seems to say Rescue's skills look amazing but she's not that great in UWB. I'll probably bump her to 6 then take her the rest of the way the slow way. Saving the mega since it's only a matter of time before they lock a good character behind a bullshit method to obtain like the ultimates or Clea again. I could see them making someone like Shadowcat a whale cash grab.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

bagrada posted:

I'm sold on the synergy uniforms now that I got the Captain Marvel one and it was mythic already to match the paired one I'd boosted. Still kind of a cash grab but I'll allow it since there's presumably a few people out there who like those white team suits, and its a good way to release CM's short hair version without pissing off the people who invested a lot in the movie costume 2 months ago.

Debating what to do with Rescue. I'm guessing she's not worth the mega-T2. For bio-sub chars I'm down to Ironheart and Kid Kaiju at 4x15+, with Crescent and Vulture at T1 4x20. Reddit chatter seems to say Rescue's skills look amazing but she's not that great in UWB. I'll probably bump her to 6 then take her the rest of the way the slow way. Saving the mega since it's only a matter of time before they lock a good character behind a bullshit method to obtain like the ultimates or Clea again. I could see them making someone like Shadowcat a whale cash grab.

Vulture's a bio-shifter from the special missions isn't he? I've wouldn't recommend using the mega-T2 on him unless you're really impatient.

Edit: sorry, misunderstood what you were saying

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 15, 2019

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

bobmcdynamite posted:

Doctor Goons has a spot if you still need one.

Awesome. I just applied as GamedayYHM.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

Yeah, that's my logic. Soon enough we'll get an Epic Quest with an awesome end character you need to T2 half a dozen people for including some impossible one. The ticket will come in handy then.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Speaking of t2s, I used an emulator to get a free selector but have no idea who to use it on. Korath, maybe? I figure I should use it on someone I haven’t already put investment into/easily farmable

Thing expires in 2 days and it’s making me itch

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

hup posted:

Speaking of t2s, I used an emulator to get a free selector but have no idea who to use it on. Korath, maybe? I figure I should use it on someone I haven’t already put investment into/easily farmable

Thing expires in 2 days and it’s making me itch

If it expires in 2 days just use it.

Minerva, Korath, Iron Hammer, Shuri and Morgana Le Fay are all hood choices.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Of those characters only Morgan has a hood on.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Rescue has a gatdang spirit bomb and for that reason alone everyone should get her.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Any word on Fat Thor costume?

I love the Infinity War one so much that I'm hesitant to change at all even for the one-two axe-hammer punch.

Plus I'm kinda waiting for a Cap With Mjolnir release.

The only White Team costume I got was for Black Widow, and it seems good.

I did just shell out crystals for the Miles costume instead of Carol, figuring that A) Carol is cheaper and I can get it sooner and B) I'd rather take a nobody into a somebody than a somebody into a bit-more somebody.

Stupidly threw a lot of gold at those boxes for little to nothing good, so I think I'll stop doing that ever.

My T2 Mega options at 6*... Sabretooth, Magik, Luna Snow, Arachknight, Nick Fury, Blue Marvel, Nova, Anti-Man, Quasar, Korath, Heimdall.

Leaning Fury, although I hope he's pretty good without his super-boring-looking CM outfit. Haven't really had a chance to try him out at all.

By the by, in case you didn't see, Vision won the 'improve this character' poll, so I'm starting to level him up as well since he's only at 4*.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

We've talked about them a lot but Luna Snow (overpowered all rounder with T3 option) > Nick Fury (to boost his team, not to play actively) > Sabretooth (Wolverine's evil twin) > Korath (he's not exciting but can do ABX and most SL he's eligible for) = Arachknight (has the web wrap to cheese fights) = Nova (very overpowered for a 60) > Magik (very high damage 5) > Anti-Man (high damage but squishy, has stun laser) > Quasar (can stay invincible but has low damage) > Blue Marvel (has stun laser but low damage) > Heimdall (survivable for SL but no damage). Only the first two are worthy of a mega T2 imho. Last year Nova and Anti-Man were worth one but as we've mentioned they've been outclassed by power creep and level 70s.

The little boxes are decent if you're rich. When actively spending I float at around 20-30 mil so I go ahead and buy them out since I can still use BAM and chaos norns, and occasionally get T3 mats.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I've been keeping myself around 20-30 million gold lately so I might spring on some of those boxes. Just trying to avoid the mistake I made last time and blow 3 million a day.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

bagrada posted:

We've talked about them a lot but Luna Snow (overpowered all rounder with T3 option) > Nick Fury (to boost his team, not to play actively) > Sabretooth (Wolverine's evil twin) > Korath (he's not exciting but can do ABX and most SL he's eligible for) = Arachknight (has the web wrap to cheese fights) = Nova (very overpowered for a 60) > Magik (very high damage 5) > Anti-Man (high damage but squishy, has stun laser) > Quasar (can stay invincible but has low damage) > Blue Marvel (has stun laser but low damage) > Heimdall (survivable for SL but no damage). Only the first two are worthy of a mega T2 imho. Last year Nova and Anti-Man were worth one but as we've mentioned they've been outclassed by power creep and level 70s.

The little boxes are decent if you're rich. When actively spending I float at around 20-30 mil so I go ahead and buy them out since I can still use BAM and chaos norns, and occasionally get T3 mats.

You can get Korath and Heimdall bios from generic bio selectors (as well as Speed and Universal selectors, respectively) - don’t waste a Mega T2 on them!

Picked up Carol’s new costume and didn’t even read the effects, so I guess I’m using that one even though I hate the short hair. Thanks for the heads up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013
Does Carol's T3 advancement only use 400 CCF? I'm currently saving for Thanos T3 (lvl 70 and all gears +25 already) but would love something to help me slog through TL battles each week.

Also where should I put these CTPs: Energy, Transcendence, Destruction?

For context I have Captain America (T3), Thanos, Jean Grey, Sharog, QS, DP, SW as mostly maxed out characters.