Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Season 1 is so word for word, The Book. It's amazing these egos got going on this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

Thing is it p clear these two bozos dont give a gently caress. Why didnt HBO just hire new show leads after like s5 or s6?? Do they not like money?? Or just quality.. like ya knoq, they used to?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

in HBO's defense, it wasn't immediately clear that A: they suck B: people will care

as a moron myself, the first time I actually was like "wait what" was the episode where Dany bails out the idiots beyond the wall. I think there were some articles written about it at the time, but most people just thought it was cool.

the battle of winterfell was the first time I can remember regular people revolting over the show. Obviously book readers have thought it sucked for a while, but large masses of normal people actually saying this sucks is relatively new.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
It's probably some contractual thing but you would think HBO would tell them to gently caress off if they said they wanted an 80 episode series for something that actually had every reason to go the distance.
Like, it's not like other shows where you have to make up story beats and it peters out, you have a guy for that that's been doing it since the 70s.

"Hey, we want to end your flagship show while it's achieving fever pitch culturally and have a year long hiatus to deliver half a season, we're totally not doing this for selfish reasons"

"That's great, please make sure to clear personal items from your office by Friday."

But hey, you don't want the good show, you need the bad Star Wars.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

in HBO's defense, it wasn't immediately clear that A: they suck B: people will care

as a moron myself, the first time I actually was like "wait what" was the episode where Dany bails out the idiots beyond the wall. I think there were some articles written about it at the time, but most people just thought it was cool.

the battle of winterfell was the first time I can remember regular people revolting over the show. Obviously book readers have thought it sucked for a while, but large masses of normal people actually saying this sucks is relatively new.

Hence why next week will be full of wailing/bashing of teeth.

Subverted expectations, you thought you were wathinc a good show...

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Glenn Quebec posted:

Yes, I hate the giant stealth dragon too and how loving casual everyone is about it

Also wouldn't everyone just melt around varys since they were like 15 feet away from him tops or is dragon fire breath like my garden hose when I twist the nozzle the stream gets thinner?

you can oval office off posted:

why would they?

he was the only one sentenced to die

Glenn Quebec posted:

By proximity to fire

Glenn Quebec posted:

Everyone was standing pretty close to varys when he was lit on fire by a bloom of dragon fire I don't know how else to explain this

you can oval office off posted:

but only varys was sentenced to death why would anyone else be hurt?

sweet thursday posted:

It's called heat-seeking fire, Glenn

I haven't laughed so hard in awhile. Thank you.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

latinotwink1997 posted:

I haven't laughed so hard in awhile. Thank you.

They are good Dragons Glen!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

skooma512 posted:

It's probably some contractual thing but you would think HBO would tell them to gently caress off if they said they wanted an 80 episode series for something that actually had every reason to go the distance.
Like, it's not like other shows where you have to make up story beats and it peters out, you have a guy for that that's been doing it since the 70s.

"Hey, we want to end your flagship show while it's achieving fever pitch culturally and have a year long hiatus to deliver half a season, we're totally not doing this for selfish reasons"

"That's great, please make sure to clear personal items from your office by Friday."

But hey, you don't want the good show, you need the bad Star Wars.

but from HBO's perspective, these guys took some smelly fantasy paperbacks and birthed a global media juggernaut. If they say it's 73 episodes, better to give them what they want vs rocking the boat. Firing them could generate weeks of bad press, fan discontent, actors looking for early exits, etc. Look at all the poo poo that went down with American Gods.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Foul Ole Ron posted:

They are good Dragons Glen!

The dragon only activated his Explosive Breath attack during the city assault. Varys was killed by his standard breath attack.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
They should have had the dragons eat more people instead of just burning them

get some Jurassic Park poo poo in there

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Typo posted:

the real problem was actually 17 years earlier when tywin killed rhaegar's kids

if robert kept them around storm's end or w/e dany/vsierys had no claim to the throne, and then you marry your heir to the targaryen girl while making the male targaryen guy night's watch dude problem solved

yeah it's almost like tywin wanted to position his family to be more powerful and important and that motivated his orders when they took kings landing

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

Looks like Robert's pragmatist strategy of "yeah actually kill that girl just in case poo poo" was the correct one

THE WHORE IS PREGNANT

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
is this the thread that people posted the chernobyl spicy keychain comic edit? someone please post it because I can't it and I feel like I'm doubting its existence / my sanity now

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

the milk machine posted:

is this the thread that people posted the chernobyl spicy keychain comic edit? someone please post it because I can't it and I feel like I'm doubting its existence / my sanity now

It was in the bad thread in the book barn

https://twitter.com/NewSovietPoster/status/1128553919611908098?s=19

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i'm jugglin so many got threads that i keep forgetting which posts of mine are in which one

drat you gurm

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Cersei skulking past the Hound was like the funniest thing.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Captain Lavender posted:

"Sorry I'm just gonna, just gonna squeeze on by here, thanks"

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Captain Lavender posted:

It's even better cuz if Arya had just gone with the Hound, she could've shanked Cersei while Cleganebowl was happening then just turned around and left back out the front door lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

thank you friend

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

sweet thursday posted:

"Sorry I'm just gonna, just gonna squeeze on by here, thanks"

"OPE, jus' gonna SCOOCH right past ya there"

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Skypie posted:

It's even better cuz if Arya had just gone with the Hound, she could've shanked Cersei while Cleganebowl was happening then just turned around and left back out the front door lol

I was so, so sure Jamie had died on the beach and it was Arya wearing his face, waiting to embrace her.

Then I was really disappointed for the 23762th time.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The dragon's name is drogon?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
So I heard the show was super dumb, but I also heard that the dragon queen lady went totally nuts and turned everything to ashen burned it up with air dragon. Considering that everybody in the show apparently sucks, isn't that good?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Harald posted:

The dragon's name is drogon?

Ya. It's named after Drogo. The other two were named after her brothers

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pick posted:

So I heard the show was super dumb, but I also heard that the dragon queen lady went totally nuts and turned everything to ashen burned it up with air dragon. Considering that everybody in the show apparently sucks, isn't that good?

she burned up a bunch of innocent civilians which is why people are mad. she didn't burn anyone bad.

although people who already thought the show was bad (this thread) thought the burning was was good because:

A. it was in character
B. it's funny seeing extremely normal people that named their kid Brenda Daenerys Khaleesi Abernathy lose their minds.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's just not a very creative name for a dragon, imho.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Harald posted:

lmao it's like Dragonheart

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Pick posted:

It is good, if you like breathing the ashes of million dead people into your lungs, which I do

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

she burned up a bunch of innocent civilians which is why people are mad. she didn't burn anyone bad.

but they'd have been bad if you'd gotten to know them probably if everyone you did know/see was bad.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Harald posted:

In a previous iteration of this thread we posited that a future season might introduce the characters Birb the bird and Horfe the horse. We had a good time imagining what adventures they would have.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

but they'd have been bad if you'd gotten to know them probably if everyone you did know/see was bad.

*bayesian statistics

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

13Pandora13 posted:

I was so, so sure Jamie had died on the beach and it was Arya wearing his face, waiting to embrace her.

Then I was really disappointed for the 23762th time.

So loving same. I was smacking my wife's arm whispering "its arya its arya"

Nope.
Oops trapped in the basement. I lose this Betrayal at the house on the Hill game.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 16, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

maybe the season finale will reveal it was arya who burned everyone on the dragon and dany had arya's face and was innocent of everything?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I keep thinking how cool it would be if arya was this or that person. But then they are shoving vanilla arya in our 911 face.

Do something with her loving skills dnd

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Bombadilillo posted:

I keep thinking how cool it would be if arya was this or that person. But then they are shoving vanilla arya in our 911 face.

Do something with her loving skills dnd

*stealthily screams while jumping at you like a monkey

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

arya with a white walker face would have been such a good choice and make so much sense which is why she got fired out of a cannon instead

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It kind of owns that actually D&D delivered exactly what GBS wanted which was "giant steps on everyone" except it was just a dragon and the writing itself instead.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I was certain a zombie would shamble out and be her

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you guys are loving morons. danaerys did exactly what she said she was going to do (conquer westeros by being feared instead of loved) in the exact same way aegon 1 united the seven kingdoms by conquest in the first place (by burning the poo poo out of innocent people)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

oh waahh, my yaas qween slayed. that's not what i wanted this entire time! lol