Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Kind of disappointed that the artwork shows the mask that isn’t there in the in game uniform.

I looked at the previews - it's like the mohawk on the movie uniform. It appears when you hit one of her big powers. So it's there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I came back to this game because of fatThor. Does Doctor Goons have a slot open for me?

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

TARDISman posted:

I came back to this game because of fatThor. Does Doctor Goons have a slot open for me?

I see 2 open slots in doctor goons right now

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Heh I just had an autoplay timeline fight where both Captain Marvels punched each other out at the same time. Defeat popped up as the opponents 3 health bars each showed 0/whatever, but their Carol still got to do her victory screen pose.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I could use some tips on attempting some harder fights.

I get that there are some skills that make you either untargetable or give you invincibility for a little while, which I can use to dodge or avoid big hits. Is there any way to tell what those skills are in their descriptions?

Are there any other ways to avoid getting hit? Is it possible to cancel out of a skill with a long animation? I noticed I can kind of do that by triggering another skill but if that skill also has a long animation then it also doesn't really work out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The easiest answer is to go mess around with the skills in the practice mode. If you check on a character's skills there will be a link that will send you into a "danger room" where you just beat up on some drones. That can help you figure out which skills have shields and which have iframes (the big red X that makes you untargetable) and how to time them or figure out a rotation that keeps you safe. The best characters basically have enough that if you time things right you can just move between those skills and be untouchable.

Animations are tricky. I avoid some of them, because yeah, they can be hard to cancel out of and make you vulnerable. I never use Captain Marvel's 6 skill because I've died so many times during the animation, but I love her 4 skill animation and its pretty safe to use.

For the World Boss fights that won't be enough and you have to figure out your opponent. Each boss has some big skills you just have to learn to avoid because they'll kill you dead. They're all pretty uniform in how they deliver them though so if you pay attention to how you die a couple of times you should be able to figure it out. Proxima does her first skill when she hits half way on her 11 health bar. Corvus' first attack is preceded by four circles around him. Ebony's first has a giant circle followed by falling meteors. In pretty much all the cases the solution is just to run away from them until they're done and then go back on the attack. There's always a warning where an attack is gonna come a second before so you just have to be quick and diligent.

Timeline can be trickier since there's so many different characters and buffs and everything. You really just need to figure out your characters and who they're best at and use things strategically. Jean Grey is great as a leader because she (a) provides a leadership that cancels buffs like webbing or time freezing and (b) has an extra life so she can survive if your opponent does one of those frustrating 2 second kills before you can get anything off. You just figure out stuff like that and matchups as you go along.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I could use some tips on attempting some harder fights.

I get that there are some skills that make you either untargetable or give you invincibility for a little while, which I can use to dodge or avoid big hits. Is there any way to tell what those skills are in their descriptions?

Are there any other ways to avoid getting hit? Is it possible to cancel out of a skill with a long animation? I noticed I can kind of do that by triggering another skill but if that skill also has a long animation then it also doesn't really work out.

if you want a shorthand for skill rotations, I use the power book one of the guys on reddit does. It's a good indicator for which skills are kinda worth focusing on. Unfortunately its all images so you can't search for a specific character.
Other then that its just getting to know a character. From my experience (I started a few months ago right around when Captain Marvel hit theatres) the invuln/armour/iframes all seem to be exclusive to new characters/uniforms.
https://imgur.com/a/LFhBYJa

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

For like 70% of the roster, if you just hit some combination of 3, 4, and 5, you'll basically be invincible and deal a bunch of damage.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

TARDISman posted:

im guessin the fat thor avatar tardisman85 was you. accepted you to doc goons

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Do you get bonus xp for using a t2 characters own biometrics to level them?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

get hype

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you know what happens to a keke netmarbu when it gets struck by lightning?

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Where's Mohawk Storm? Dammit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So probably we get Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, and Jean Grey bumped to 70, maybe a T3 Jean or someone, and a three new mutants.

I'm glad to get the bump because those OG X-Men are really soft these days.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I’ve hit a hard wall on the last Asgard stage, at this point should I just be grinding previous Asgard stages for Uru and jamming it into whatever open slot my team has? My highest team attack is about 14500 and have powered through to the last on the back of how powerful T2 cap is.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Uru probably won't help too much but if you are having close calls it might help. Back when I was unlocking Scarlet Witch or Apocalypse World Bosses I had to give Nova urus, up all his skills to max, and tweak his custom gear a bit to beat the 15 second timer for the first time. But he was getting close even without them.

The last Asgard stage and the last 2(?) Ultimates stages in the main story missions are really tough compared to the rest so you may need Jean Grey or some 70/T3 meta chars to pass them. Back in the day I think I spent crystals on continues including an extra continue just to reset my dead chars to zero to get three stars. That was with Dr. Strange, Wolverine and Sharon at T2 60 I believe, without unis. Since you only have to beat it once, then you can autoclear it after that, if you still need the rewards. Captain Marvel might be able to beat it too with one of her new costumes, not sure how good she is at T2 compared to T3.

I'm excited for the X-Men update, I was saving T3 mats for Jean but just blew a bunch getting Wolverine to 25/25/25/24. I want to hold off on that last point now and start saving up again. I have Thanos and Thor ready for T3 too but they can hop in line behind the muties.

edit: If your roster is low especially when it comes to the overpowered meta chars, then feel free to backburner the storyline and focus on epic quests, shadowlands, world boss, and ultimate world boss while building up your team. Odin, Blue Marvel and America Chavez aren't that great compared to the chars you can get from those other game modes.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 20, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know it took me at least 6 months, probably more, to finally beat those last couple of Asgard stages and beat Odin. I just went back and looked in the thread and it took Ancient One, Strange, and Sharon Rogers all at T2 and doing a lot of tagging in and out and using A1's healing to get it done. I imagine Jean, Deadpool, Wanda, and other more recent characters would handle it easier. But its a later stage thing once you've got your roster shaping up, starting to collect T2s, and learning really how to fight.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

STAC Goat posted:

So probably we get Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, and Jean Grey bumped to 70, maybe a T3 Jean or someone, and a three new mutants.

I'm glad to get the bump because those OG X-Men are really soft these days.

T3 Jean and uniform confirmed.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh I'm all about that costume and T3 for her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I want real good OG X-Men costumes so bad that I might actually buy the month crystal thing for this update along with an X-Gene sub.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1130669541661368322

Iceman! Glad I have a good Obelisk waiting for him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nice. I was gonna say the 3 new mutants I'm assuming we get should be Iceman, Kitty, and whatever other old school X-Men we're missing. Definitely grabbing the X-Gene sub now.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Nice. I was gonna say the 3 new mutants I'm assuming we get should be Iceman, Kitty, and whatever other old school X-Men we're missing. Definitely grabbing the X-Gene sub now.

*I clap my hands and fireworks shoot up behind me that spell out "Jubilee"*

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

*I clap my hands and fireworks shoot up behind me that spell out "Jubilee"*

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

AzraelNewtype posted:

T3 Jean and uniform confirmed.

Much like the gold and bio requirements to get to 60, I am sure it will be very enjoyable and easy to get her to T3

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Can't be any worse than thanos.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Can't be any worse than thanos.

I was saving to try and T3 Wolverine and it still took me a full month to get the extra 450 CCF I needed to T3 Thanos, so I'm really not looking forward to grinding out another 1200 :(

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 21, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Are the new Ant Man uniforms an upgrade enough for him to be worth it?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Is there a guide or something on how to beat Thanos WBU? It seems to be significantly more difficult than the others by like an order of magnitude

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I beat him with T3 Captain America lead for the hp, T3 Captain Marvel doing the bulk of the damage, then T3 Sharon Rogers mopping up after I got Carol stuck and killed in the second wave of Black Order attacks. They all gave each other team bonuses too. With bulky enough characters Thanos is doable if you can avoid getting stunned and gibbed by the Black Order callins. I don't remember getting anywhere with Jean, SWitch, Cable, etc and stopped trying until I got T3 Carol and saw how much she whupped on him.

As for Ant-Man, the Reddit post on his Endgame uniform seem to agree he becomes good/very good but not quite meta, and might be decent in pvp thanks to his survivability. I haven't bought it myself since mine is still 60 and I'm saving for the mutant update now.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 22, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah. Suppose I should save to see what is coming with Iceman. Gonna hold off on getting Smart Hulk until I get RagnaHulk to Mythic to get that CTP. Still can't bring myself to get RagnaThor when IW Thor is so cool.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’ve been going nuts trying to T2 everyone and burned like 70m in two weeks.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

bagrada posted:

I beat him with T3 Captain America lead for the hp, T3 Captain Marvel doing the bulk of the damage, then T3 Sharon Rogers mopping up after I got Carol stuck and killed in the second wave of Black Order attacks. They all gave each other team bonuses too. With bulky enough characters Thanos is doable if you can avoid getting stunned and gibbed by the Black Order callins. I don't remember getting anywhere with Jean, SWitch, Cable, etc and stopped trying until I got T3 Carol and saw how much she whupped on him.

As for Ant-Man, the Reddit post on his Endgame uniform seem to agree he becomes good/very good but not quite meta, and might be decent in pvp thanks to his survivability. I haven't bought it myself since mine is still 60 and I'm saving for the mutant update now.

Thanks, that did it!

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I’ve hit a hard wall on the last Asgard stage, at this point should I just be grinding previous Asgard stages for Uru and jamming it into whatever open slot my team has? My highest team attack is about 14500 and have powered through to the last on the back of how powerful T2 cap is.

A bit late, but I pulled it off (and all of C13) despite being about 2 weeks old thanks to Sharon Rogers Dark Star uniform. With her 3c, 5, 4 combo she can kill any story boss in 3-4 hits. The other characters exist to clear the trash and sub in and die for her while her skills are on cooldown.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can beat Thanos WBU with Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Mr. Fantastic, Deadpool, and Thor. Its helpful to have a second big hand with each of them and I bring Anti-Venom and Ancient One along as strikers for their healing. Its basically the same hit and run strategy for the other Black Order but ramped up to 11. With the others you can take down a few bars and wail on them before you have to run from their attacks. With Thanos you basically just have to hit him once or twice and then run from his attacks. There's no easy wins and I can't do it past 1, but its a big dance, you need solid speed to dodge attacks, good damage to make your hits count, healing, and lots of patience.

Steve Vader posted:

I took a swing with him in the World Event and he was really good, but I have no idea if that was his T3, the new costume, or both.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

for thanos, make sure you have at least one ignore guard break character for the maw/black dwarf call in attack, you can just walk to avoid it vs getting guard broken and losing a character

it helps to turn on sound for this fight cos he makes a distinctive sound right before he does one of his bullshit attacks (the purple lines punch and then stuff flies along the lines one)

helps to have a regenerator so you dont have to worry too much about the avoid-the-meteors stage where you get a massive dot if one hits you

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just try to bring my top tier attacker, a second big attacker who can cleanup if my main one dies late, and a designated runner with high speed. Those Black Order call in attacks are so long that you can call in the runner and by the time he or she is done dodging everything and Thanos drops his iframes you can tag back in.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

KnoxZone posted:

A bit late, but I pulled it off (and all of C13) despite being about 2 weeks old thanks to Sharon Rogers Dark Star uniform. With her 3c, 5, 4 combo she can kill any story boss in 3-4 hits. The other characters exist to clear the trash and sub in and die for her while her skills are on cooldown.

That was it, I already had Dark Star so just needed to get better at dodging the monstrous attacks. Thanks, was able to 3 star the capt marvel stages to get the last few bios needed to t2 her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bishop coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Definitely. His 5 skill is his biggest new asset. It does a ton of damage, is an iframe, and great for crown control and bunching up enemies in Shadowland.