Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

Personally, I don't think it's all that bad.Lately most of the real weirdos have left our subforum anyway, Especially with CIG slowing down their rate of fuckups. Actually, I don't even have to do much any more. The subforum has kinda settled out, So this is really the least worst part of that list Except of course when we get a new poster who thinks this is reddit or whatever.

Kinda surprising, really. I sorta miss the "thousands of posts a day" behemoth. Like, not enough to mod it again but it was fun for a time. Luckily ( or unluckily I guess) I think as we get closer to CIG either imploding or releasing an absolute turd, think people will come back. Maybe we'll even let Derek in for a final victory lap lol. Maybe we can convince Chris Roberts to come by for a personal Expose while we're at it lol.

At the very least, maybe once it comes out and flops all these reddit weirdos will gently caress off and set me free.

Not even death can save you from Star Citisn't

e: taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Beet Wagon posted:

Why would you would ever PM any of these weirdos is beyond me

He's one of those little shits I at one point enjoyed poking fun of. Called out each of his usernames (also on youtube) and seeing him squirm was slightly enjoyable.
Gratification isn't like it once was with them. Went from a good chuckle to being weirded out.

Truth is, I can't keep up with the level of stupid it takes to converse.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Four years ago this guy took a perfectly reasonable finished basement and turned it into a really lovely version of the Constellation's bridge. On the one hand, the Constellation has seen in-game changes which makes this funny, but on the other hand the original build looks so little like the original incarnation that you wouldn't know that's what it was supposed to be unless someone told you, so eh...

Still, four years ago lol

This was made by that elindel guy, a stereotypical circular venn of angry alt right nutter/sc cultist who takes to sending people pm's unironically accusing them of being Derek Smart and threatening violence

makes basement 'connie' all the funnier lmao

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Neltharak posted:

The Roberts Horizon : A zone of fundspace so warped and bent that most properties of money are lost upon entering, while nothing can escape, not even a game.

Sometimes, money will return to the observable universe through Yachting Radiation.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/cookedpawn/status/1128346632041275393

Pictured in that tweet, yet another thing that CI!G have completely forgotten about.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/cookedpawn/status/1128346632041275393

Pictured in that tweet, yet another thing that CI!G have completely forgotten about.

They haven't forgotten about tanks. As soon as they need to raise more cash they will surely consider adding more concept tanks... and planes, and ships, and houses, and whatever.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

I love pointing out to people who say the travel times are "Fine" that it is literally faster to ride a Starfarer from Port O to either of the planets, and then file an insurance claim for your small ship and wait out the timer, than it is to actually fly there. For some reason it is 100% fine with citizens that the travel times stay enormous "because realism" but also that the insurance timers stay in the ~10 minute range "because gameplay."

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

They haven't forgotten about tanks. As soon as they need to raise more cash they will surely consider adding more concept tanks... and planes, and ships, and houses, and whatever.

submarines

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

I'm honestly surprised the motorbike thing didn't come with an optional sidecar microtransaction

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

Helicopter ships that are more agility based and higher maneuverability especially in atmosphere while punching above their weight

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Amazing Zimmo posted:

There is a certain amount of hardcore backers that are pro book burning.

But when Chris Roberts is involved, it's never been done before.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Asimov posted:

Helicopter ships that are more agility based and higher maneuverability especially in atmosphere while punching above their weight

The concept JPEG would just be a ripoff of the Starcraft 2 Banshee

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

The answer is probably more obvious. Why not add more trains and train jobs.
You could be a train driver, a train tycoon or a ticket inspector.
Fun times in the best space sim ever.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Elite has fountains and running water in stations. Does Star Citizen have any liquids in stations / planets? Not sure if I remember seeing any.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

Or, hear me out friend... submarine trains!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AbstractNapper posted:

CIG, hire this goon.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

no_recall posted:

Elite has fountains and running water in stations. Does Star Citizen have any liquids in stations / planets? Not sure if I remember seeing any.

Holographic water does not really count. Check mate goontiflas.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

no_recall posted:

Your FUD has no effect here.

GETTING WEIRD "DRUNK" EFFECT AND DEAD NPCS "FLOATING UP" INSIDE HURSTON BUNKER

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

no_recall posted:

It's not really water though, those pools inside stations look like this up close

And I think fountains are just two rotating textures or something like that, but I can't find any screenshots.

But maybe that's why ED is an existing game that launched years ago, devs knew that no one is going to take a look at these things from less than 100 m (at least not initially), so they just placed some low poly objects and textures there instead of adding janky trains and whatnot.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LOL, its been downvoted hard.

None shall dare to suggest that anything will be other than the best of the best and nothing will never be reduced in scope. If CIG deliver less than promised, then that's just because its Tier 0.

Haha, great comment chain: https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/bp8vmb/what_part_of_the_game_do_you_think_either_wont/enqb9f5/

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Agony Aunt posted:

If CIG deliver less than promised, then that's just because its Tier 0.

This is one of my favorite new terms that CIG uses to pave the road to disappointment. I knew the second I first saw it why they introduced the term, and I knew the backers would swallow it the way they swallow everything else.

Tier 0 is basically stub code.

What's horrific about it is how it takes advantage of the assumption most people have that once something exists in any form, it is then real and can inevitably be improved, which is the exact opposite of the truth. It's like making GBS threads in a plate and then assuring people it will eventually be an ice-cream sundae. It's literally better to start with nothing on the plate.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 12:39 on May 16, 2019

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Worm.... was not a joke?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/what-happened-to-the-spaceworm-and-sandstorms

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

No you silly, they are just reserving it for later.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Well, someone is remaking Dune, so I expect CITechDemo will whip out the worm for another video soon enough.

Also from the ED thread:

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

skeletors_condom posted:

I really wish Smart was back in this thread. I think everyone would agree that he brought a certain beauty to this thread. I don't agree with him on a few thing, but I think he is a fun a guy.

Dream on about getting Roberts here. He is a wanabe US oligarch, they just stay in their own heads, they are never real. Same with Roberts (even though he is just a wanabe).

Its like the A-team without Mr T.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i wish roberts was as online as elon, he'd be in a twitter fight with derek 150% of the time

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

Store Citizer is really coming together now. Watch how this mission goes craaaaaaazy off the rails!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDITUnzOnpQ

Haha, they stole all the drugs! It took hours of hauling crates one at a time! I'm guessing the whole thing was edited to eliminate about 50,000 crashes and restarts! In the end they made 170k, almost enough for a... <checks notes>... literally nothing. You cannot buy anything with that amount of money. The most worthless ship in the game costs 250k.

That looks like rear end.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Truga posted:

i wish roberts was as online as elon, he'd be in a twitter fight with derek 150% of the time

Chris Roberts calling Derek Smart a pedophile on twitter would be too powerful a gift, the internet would be unmade

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Is it just me or did graphic quality actively go down since arena commander ? Like, heavily so ?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Neltharak posted:

Is it just me or did graphic quality actively go down since arena commander ? Like, heavily so ?

I think it's stayed the same, it's just been six years since AC came out.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

One of the things I miss most about our exiled Warlord is when some random/new poster would call him out and a few people would post "Well lookee here...a new challenger has entered the ring."

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

Chris Roberts calling Derek Smart a pedophile on twitter would be too powerful a gift, the internet would be unmade

I dunno, it'd alienate a fair bit of the SC fanbase...

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I guess it's not so much that Chris Roberts is driving this museum piece of a train in reverse with respect to the ancient railway tracks that he remembers from 1992, but rather that all the modern trains using modern tracks at modern speeds have long since caught up and passed him by.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Truga posted:

Roberts staying off Twitter is one of the most sophisticated moves he's made. As with most things Roberts, his lack of action is usually more fruitful than him actually doing something.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Excuse me? I'll let you know that Elon called that other dude a pedo which could mean all sort of things besides pedophile. He could even be calling him a drunk person! Show us proof that he actually meant pedophile. You can't. (And yes, this is an actual argument)

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Someone should give them the link to the transcript with the "WORM WAS NOT A JOKE!" line.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/s4W0Xsh.gifv

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Even I knew that Bribase you dumbass!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This furry thing laps up whale milk faster than Roberts.