Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The White Dragon posted:

please give serperior a move pool that doesn't suck

oh god please no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Countblanc posted:

oh god please no

Play Rough Tapu Koko, MAKE IT HAPPEN

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The signup for the 2019 International Challenge May Online Competition starts today! Even if you're not a competitive player make sure you signup and play 3 matches to get a shiny Tapu Fini!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I don't understand why transferring Pokemon between your party and the PC takes so many steps. Couldn't I just withdraw a Pokemon and have it ask which one I want to swap it for?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Move should let you swap easily. Dunno why withdraw and deposit even still exist.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Avalerion posted:

Move should let you swap easily. Dunno why withdraw and deposit even still exist.

As of Gen 7 I'm pretty sure they don't, interacting with a PC takes you straight to Move Pokemon. The thing I'd most like to see here is an option to insert a Pokemon into a position and have everything below shift down, instead of swapping. I like to keep things ordered by level to keep EXP even and it takes like 4 swaps sometimes.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Flopsy posted:

Its still a special attacker though. It wouldn't really hit that hard.

That's.... what they're saying. Prior to the phy/special split all the elemental punches were Special. All of typh's coverage moves save Extrasensory are now Physical moves.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
If Pokémon Armor is real, the Gen II starters are prime candidates.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Chill Penguin posted:

If Pokemon armor is real, it's time for my Lurantis to learn Panzer Kunst.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Chill Penguin posted:

Them and Gen IV starters.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
galaxy brain: Armored Aggron
cosmic brain: Armored Aegislash

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Dias posted:

Transcending Reality Brain: Armored Aegislash is a gun

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I still want a Mega Aegislash that’s just a suit of ghostly armor holding the sword and shield.

I guess they could use that idea for an Armored Aegislash.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

dna digivolution where golurk wields aegislash as sword and shield clap clap clap

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kurieg posted:

That's.... what they're saying. Prior to the phy/special split all the elemental punches were Special. All of typh's coverage moves save Extrasensory are now Physical moves.

Sorry, I was kinda unaware of the context they were discussing. Forget I mentioned it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
signing up for this tournament has been the most arcane and frustrating process

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dias posted:

Armored Deoxys-D :getin:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How come no one has suggested Armored Shuckle?

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Can't improve perfection.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Armored Ditto.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

Armored Ditto.

Finally we'll have a good substitute for Blissey Farming.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Armored Ditto.

Isn’t that just Ditto with Metal Powder?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Silver2195 posted:

Isn’t that just Ditto with Metal Powder?

it's the Steel Ditto evo from the GS beta

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Let me put hats on the Pokemon

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

mandatory lesbian posted:

Let me put hats on the Pokemon

Hell loving yes!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

elemental punches alakazam........

It was a worthwhile sacrifice for Hitmonchan to be slightly less of a joke.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my #4 favorite pokemon is never a worthwhile sacrifice for hitmonchan

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

They should bring back seals.

If they're worried about children seeing people spell "DICKS" online, just don't bring back letter seals.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hell loving yes!

Even better: Flower Crowns.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The White Dragon posted:

my #4 favorite pokemon is never a worthwhile sacrifice for hitmonchan

I disagree. And it wasn't that much of a sacrifice when it got Shadow Ball to make up for it.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

please give serperior a move pool that doesn't suck

i hope in gen 8 they include like, bred pokemon inherit the father's signature move even if it's not on their move list. mystic fire eevee wouldn't even be that powerful but it would be cool

It has the five moves it needs: Leaf Storm, Leech Seed, Substitute, Glare, and Hidden Power.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Why did Pokemon X give me a Lucario? What am I supposed to do with it? I already have a Delphox, I don't need two ugly fox fursuits on my team.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Gripweed posted:

Why did Pokemon X give me a Lucario? What am I supposed to do with it? I already have a Delphox, I don't need two ugly fox fursuits on my team.

I got an idea: you have each one fight as many random battles as possible without any healing and whichever one wins the most fights stays.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gripweed posted:

I've genuinely yet to see anybody (myself included) appreciate having that Lucario foisted off onto them. I'm serious, why the gently caress did they think it was a good idea? I mean the whole point of the game is building the team you want from scratch.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I even LIKE Lucario and have used it on several teams and I hated the gift.

I don't like not raising my 'mons from their prevo and I want to use new 'mons only in new gens.

And I still ended up using Lapras and Venusaur in X. (In my defense, it was at least the first time I ever used Lapras.)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I've genuinely yet to see anybody (myself included) appreciate having that Lucario foisted off onto them. I'm serious, why the gently caress did they think it was a good idea? I mean the whole point of the game is building the team you want from scratch.

I guess it's to make sure you have a pokemon that can mega evolve immediately, but they could have worked that into the kanto starter thing a bit more gracefully.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gripweed posted:

box them both

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Flopsy posted:

It sucks so much. The game did cinematic camera angle to show off this awesome huge tower, you aren't allowed to go up it until you beat the gym, and then you travel up this long spiral ramp to get to the top. That's a lot of buildup. And then you don't get to use any of your own Pokemon, and the fight is over in two turns.

It's also a terrible way to introduce Mega Evolutions. Alpha Sapphire did it great, you Mega evolve you're starter so it's like, wow look how much stronger it is! But you don't get to fight with Lucario before you get the mega evolution. And it's fighting another mega evolved Lucario. And the fight is short and sucks. There's no sense of strength or escalation or anything.

And this lady has been travelling around with two Lucarios and didn't nickname them? She just called them "this Lucario" and "Than Lucario"? No wonder one of them ran away.

Just completely terrible.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Flopsy posted:

it's an even worse idea because if you want a lucario there's riolus on like route 2 so you already fuckin have one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Gripweed posted:

It seems you're supposed to press mega evolve and then mash a to beat the rest of the game.

But yeah, that whole sequence is pretty bad. Extra so because this is the third gym and you're already walking with effective nukes forced upon you.