Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for forcing a vegan attendee at my barbecue to pay for her food?

quote:

I had a BBQ over last weekend and invited many of my coworkers. One of them, I'll name Emily, is "devoutly vegan". I don't mind/care, I still invited her. I even went so far to ask what kind of foods she'd like to eat so I can make sure I a) buy the ingredients, b) think of a recipe specifically for her, and c) make it. No one else who came is vegan or vegetarian.

So Emily tells me some things to get, and I don't know if many of you know this, but vegan food can get expensive. I get some seitan hotdogs, some tofu for stir fry, and mock hamburgers. My expenses at this point is $60 for 12 people including myself, and then $25 for just Emily. It's fine, I want everyone to have a good time and ultimately it's no big deal.

So I prepare some meals in advance and I'm grilling things as requested during the night. I even went so far as to thoroughly clean my grill so 1/4th of it is just vegan stuff so it doesn't get cross contaminated as well as use separate utensils/tongs/etc.

So color me surprised when I see Emily come by asking for a meat hamburger. She's already got pulled pork on her plate as well as salad with caesar dressing and bacon bits.

I asked her what she was doing, none of that is vegan, and she said she's only "sometimes vegan" (verbatim her words) and today she wanted to have meat. I reminded her she asked me to get vegan food for her and she said "well, other people might like it". No, no one had any, not even myself.

I stewed a bit but vowed my "revenge". When everyone is leaving, I held her keys hostage. "You're not leaving until you pay for this food I bought specifically for you which you ate precisely none of". It took all of twenty minutes for her to relent and give me $20 (not $24.44 which was the full amount but I'm not a level 100 rear end in a top hat) and off she went, spewing obscenities at me.

AITA for doing this?

Emily sucks, but you suck way more for the theft and extortion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

tactlessbastard posted:

I like the part where they're giving the victims' medical status updates to the SO of the person who put them in the hospital

Yeah don't HIPA laws prevent stuff like this? Although, it does kinda Sound like something a cop might do to try and get someone to give a statement against their wife. Meh, story sounds fake though.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol this is the kind of rear end in a top hat who thinks he's owed sex after paying for a date, and wants a refund when refused

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Dude sucks and is also an idiot. Anyone who has picky food choices knows full well to show up with their own.

Did anyone else pay for the burgs? Did he get the cheapest poo poo he could find for that reason?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It’s ultra lovely of her to order a bunch of vegan poo poo and not eat any of it. I probably wouldn’t ask for the money back but i’d definitely never invite her to anything else.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Biohazard posted:

Yeah don't HIPA laws prevent stuff like this? Although, it does kinda Sound like something a cop might do to try and get someone to give a statement against their wife. Meh, story sounds fake though.

There is no PHI in saying that it's a male minor.

Have you ever watched the evening news? They report on the status of people in accidents all the time.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

DemoneeHo posted:

This is why you just get some big portabella mushrooms instead of the faux meat stuff - vegan burgers if you have vegans and works as a topping for the meat-eaters.

I don't think its dickish to ask for reimbursement, but holding her hostage until she pays up is really crossing a line.

DrManiac posted:

i'd definitely never invite her to anything else.

Agreed.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

gently caress the fake vegan lady. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Pinecone Sample posted:

There is no PHI in saying that it's a male minor.

Have you ever watched the evening news? They report on the status of people in accidents all the time.

Hmm good point. I guess as long as they didn't identify the people in any way, they'd be in the clear.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"Those of you guys who liked the pulled pork, first of all thanks it's tricky and I wasn't sure I got it right, but also that you can get a cut that feeds ten people from Ed's Butchers for like twenty bucks. Way better value for money than the $60 of vegan food Emily asked me to buy, which feeds... uh, nobody, apparently. Anyway guys lots of food left so help yourselves"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

In the vegan situation you have to rise above it. Confront her, sure but when you stoop down to discussing a $20 for half an hour to get some petty "revenge" you're an even bigger rear end in a top hat than the person you're so righteously angry about, great job. Embarassing.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

kinda takes a special mindset to just go "I guess might as well let these guys run a train on me cause there is no. way. I'm getting rid of the nazi compass", gently caress sake you can pick up a good compass for cheap and it'll have like an anchor on it and as a bonus properly point north instead of towards Poland

:drat:

I did nazi that coming.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
He's an rear end in a top hat but he's not wrong.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Palpek posted:

In the vegan situation you have to rise above it. Confront her, sure but when you stoop down to discussing a $20 for half an hour to get some petty "revenge" you're an even bigger rear end in a top hat than the person you're so righteously angry about, great job. Embarassing.

Just talk poo poo behind her back and turn all your friends against her like a normal human being, jesus.

EDIT: Also, if you spent $85 on a bbq for 13 people, you're doing pretty drat good. I get that money can be tight, but like why host a BBQ and then request special food requests. Why no just tell her you'll be cooking meat but if she wants to bring any veggie options on the grill, you'll clean it up. If she complained you could just say "yeah I get it, but I'm just trying to keep costs down, I hope you understand."

Biohazard fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 16, 2019

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Just buy beanburgers, reasonably cheap and that poo poo is delicious. No need to go for all sorts of fancy poo poo

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

gently caress Your Website posted:

Actually, anyone replying “actually” anything to technicality lawyer a post like this is 1000% definitely a pedophile

Oh wait SORRY, ephebophile.

Oh, it's grody as hell and the guy's a complete creep, don't get me wrong, but you can only usefully report someone to the cops for a crime if they're actually committing a crime.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

feedmegin posted:

Just buy beanburgers, reasonably cheap and that poo poo is delicious. No need to go for all sorts of fancy poo poo

Morning star black bean burgers are the poo poo. I love meat but those things are drat good and I get them all the time becuase they are quick and easy.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Wait I misread that, her stuff was only $25? At a party for 14 people, $25 is a rounding error. That won't get halfway through a bad two-four. $5pp is not expensive as house parties go at all.

poo poo, one of my friends is a medically-diagnosed-as-having-celiac-disease person who only eats gluten-free, and she'll cheerfully huck $15 bags of pretzels at us all night and god help you if you try to pay her back. Just put the drat tofu dog in the fridge and stir it into an omelette tomrorow morning or something.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Also, if I made BBQ so good it converted a militant vegan, I'd be high-fiving myself for the rest of the year.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Vegans are a next level pain the rear end. Just stop eating meat and let me eat my fancy cheeses in peace ffs

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My (32 M) girlfriend (26 F) wants me to post her on social media on my account but I never wanted to post girlfriends on my social media unless she is my fiance/wife. If I don't she will break up with me.

quote:

TD:LR My (32 M) girlfriend (26 F) wants me to post her on social media on my account but I never wanted to post girlfriends on my social media unless she is my fiance/wife. If I don't she will break up with me.

We have been together for 3 years. We have had our ups and downs. I have made mistakes and the relationship has been rocky. For a year and a half I feel like have been more committed and trying but its still felt unstable.

A lot of you may be okay to post girlfriends on your social media but I don't like to do it because I feel like if it doesn't work out then I have just looked stupid or I am being entertainment for someone else. Being engaged/married is more of a commitment and I wouldn't want to put pics of my girlfriend until then.

We are at a point where she would break up with me if I don't put up pics of her.

I have been posted her on snapchat when we we are doing something cool. I posted her IG because I was pressurized before and I did post her but my description didn't say anything cutsie (like: "the most amazing person in my life and you make my world a brighter place) that made it clear that she was my gf.

Do you think I am being ridiculous? Is she being ridiculous? This is just plain stilly and immature? Any advice?

Someone asked why the hell he doesn't think this relationship is serious enough to tell people about if it's been 3 years.

quote:

No. The first year and half I wasnt committed bc I didn't feel like it was going to work out bc there is a whole religious thing where I before anything even got serious I had told her that if she expects this to go anywhere she may need to convert. I never got any reassurance from her and my ex made herself available (I made mistake) she found out. We try to work through it. It was going fine but then this guy at work gave her some attention and so she explained to him how she felt about him which hurt me but then we worked through it again. Wanted to have some meaty conversations about the relationship but then her dog died and we didn't get to it.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I hope him being pressurised doesn't end in a bang

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

My (32 M) girlfriend (26 F) wants me to post her on social media on my account but I never wanted to post girlfriends on my social media unless she is my fiance/wife. If I don't she will break up with me.

Someone asked why the hell he doesn't think this relationship is serious enough to tell people about if it's been 3 years.

Yeah this story is missing a few select details.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
if someone bothers to cook extra for you because of your "lifestyle"you could at least taste it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Chris Rock posted:

If you've been dating a man for three years, and you haven't been added to his social media friends, you are not his girlfriend

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

teen witch posted:

Yeah this story is missing a few select details.

He continued digging this hole deeper in the comments.

quote:

She does feel like I am ashamed of her but I am not. The relationship has been rocky and we haven't had a stable set of two months.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

/r/relationships: (I made mistake) she found out

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

datajugend posted:

if someone bothers to purchase and cook extra for you because of your "lifestyle"you could at least taste it

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Biohazard posted:

Just talk poo poo behind her back and turn all your friends against her like a normal human being, jesus.

EDIT: Also, if you spent $85 on a bbq for 13 people, you're doing pretty drat good. I get that money can be tight, but like why host a BBQ and then request special food requests. Why no just tell her you'll be cooking meat but if she wants to bring any veggie options on the grill, you'll clean it up. If she complained you could just say "yeah I get it, but I'm just trying to keep costs down, I hope you understand."

$85 for a 14 person BBQ actually makes me think that either it is fake or he buys lovely food. Like I can kind of see two costc6packs of frozen pucks, 1 of delicious Costco polish sausages, and buns for $60 but then where are all the sides? You can't have a BBQ without some watermelon, coleslaw, potato salad, chips, pop, beer, weed and qualudes. And that's like the bare minimum.

Also, I throw BBQs all summer long and a package of tofu pups and another of veggie burgers are relatively cheap. You can use the same buns if they eat Gluten and they can skip the potato salad. It's a little more expensive if you want to break out separate sides. I come in a little under $25 accommodating a group of 3 people who are both vegan and gluten free (non celiac so I don't have to use separate utensils or anything).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GPS is blaring "turn around" over and over, louder and louder, as he continues to drive ever faster

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I (28m) cheated on my girlfriend (26f) last night, paid a stripper for a handy

quote:

Have been in relationship approx 6 months.

I am currently overseas for a bit over 1 month for work (alone) and last night paid a stripper for a handjob. She licked my balls also and I told her to stop.

I am overwhelmed with guilt and just feel completely sick and unable to focus on anything, eat a proper meal or sleep. I've never done anything like this and never thought I would and don't know how I justified it at the time.

We have a good relationship and I'm completely attracted to her emotionally and physically and have a good sex life.

I'm torn whether to confess when I come home (in a few weeks) On the one hand I obviously should be honest and I am leaning towards this option because I owe it to her and she deserves better

On the other hand, bit of back story for our relationship, I have a nagging suspicion that we are going to break up within the next few months because I believe she wants kids and I don't. We've never really spoken about our long term future and those sort of things but this is what I suspect from comments she's made at times. And she had been cheated on before (was engaged to the guy) and it really messed her up. Even if she wanted to forgive me and move past it I don't think I could accept it and things would not be the same.

So I'm wondering if doing the right thing is going to be worth the emotional pain for her when there's a chance we are going to break up in the not too distant future anyway? I'm quite sure she's falling for me and I'm falling for her too but am concerned about what I suspect are our different wants. I know I should have discussed this with her already. Thank you in advance for your input, I don't deserve the help and I deserve the pain, I just want to find the best solution for her now

Tldr; I paid for a handjob and am weighing up the option that would be least painless for my girlfriend

When a typo is more honest than you.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe he's got a meat guy.

I wish I had a meat guy...

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

I'm merely a level 81.83 rear end in a top hat, let's be clear here

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Maybe he's got a meat guy.

I wish I had a meat guy...

hey baby

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

$85 for a 14 person BBQ actually makes me think that either it is fake or he buys lovely food. Like I can kind of see two costc6packs of frozen pucks, 1 of delicious Costco polish sausages, and buns for $60 but then where are all the sides? You can't have a BBQ without some watermelon, coleslaw, potato salad, chips, pop, beer, weed and qualudes. And that's like the bare minimum.

Also, I throw BBQs all summer long and a package of tofu pups and another of veggie burgers are relatively cheap. You can use the same buns if they eat Gluten and they can skip the potato salad. It's a little more expensive if you want to break out separate sides. I come in a little under $25 accommodating a group of 3 people who are both vegan and gluten free (non celiac so I don't have to use separate utensils or anything).

the guy's reaction to having a vegan at a bbq was to buy three different meat substitutes instead of just grilling some root veggies and having an extra vegan side dish, so yeah i'm guessing this exactly the kind of 'bbq' that is nothing but your choice of sauced white meat and sauced red meat, leading to early onset colon cancer

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

How'd you like to meet my meat, guy?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

chitoryu12 posted:

I (28m) cheated on my girlfriend (26f) last night, paid a stripper for a handy

When a typo is more honest than you.

He’s absolutely a piece of poo poo, but if he’s going to break up with her anyway don’t loving tell her

Now if doesn’t immediately break up with her, he’s a huge piece of poo poo x 10000000

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I (24M) unintentionally offended a girl (20+F) I am talking to because of her fetish.

quote:

There was this girl that I personally don't know who is from another university that added me on Facebook. She always initiates conversations in the messenger app asking me how I was and what I was doing. We had conversations about a lot of things including one where she mentioned to me about her tongue fetish. We often have these kind of sexually themed conversations but no nudes.

After a few days of back and forth, we (or rather I) got comfortable with taking. One time, she asked for some fetish pictures of my tongue. As a joke, I instead sent her a photo of a cow (cute) tongue and told her I didn't send suggestive pictures of myself in social media (I'm an rear end, I know).

Note: I'm uncomfortable sending pictures over the internet to people I barely know. Worried it might end up in some deviant websites or I might get wrongly accused of sexual harrassment over the internet with misleading screenshots.

She was pissed and didn't talk to me for the whole day. I asked what made her mad at me so I can apologize properly. She said I played with her and she was serious about the fetish pictures. I aplogized properly. All she replied "okay" and I acknowledged with an "alright, that's great".

After that we didn't talk anymore. She wouldn't initiate the conversation. I wouldn't either since I'm a bit cautious about stepping on another "mine". I'm also thinking she may be doing the not talking thing to manipulate (for a lack of a better word) me into chasing her and pleading or something.

TL;DR - Refused to send a girl fetish tongue pics. She got mad and conversations stopped.

Do I chase after her and make the first move or wait for her? What should I do next and how should I act?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

chitoryu12 posted:

I (24M) unintentionally offended a girl (20+F) I am talking to because of her fetish.

I Just Wanted To Be Your Sweetheart (And You Gave Me Sweetbread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The new lingua franca of flirtation.