Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Man I’m so torn. I’ve been wanting to play for fun a LON etched sigil wizard build (not that crazy macro one) but now I’m waffling between one of the LON necro builds and a turret DH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
This one worked really well last season, I didn't even get all Ancient pieces but I was ripping through stuff no problem:

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/91190-lon-corpse-god-necromancer

mewse
May 2, 2006

We really need a lightweight alternative to the diablosfans build pages. D3planner sucks, the only other new alternative I've seen is slow as hell, icyveins sucks

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

The new DB count in CR is real nice. You can upgrade a weapon right away and cube it for leveling power. drat each season gets easier to level in.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

DrSeRRoD posted:

The new DB count in CR is real nice. You can upgrade a weapon right away and cube it for leveling power. drat each season gets easier to level in.

List for people who want a cliff notes version of what rare to upgrade for season start. This is just me giving them a quick look so numbers are approximate. This is separate and in addition to gambling low level legendaries. Generally you're looking for something with a big damage modifier in the orange text. Not all classes have great options there for weapons, and the armor pools are usually much larger and probably not worth upgrading IMO, and have more set pieces that have no modifiers on them.

DH: upgrade daggers. 100% chance of something decent.
Barb: 2H mighty weapon is probably best bet for leveling. About 50/50 of getting something ok. 1H spear is another possible option.
Wiz: dagger, 1/3 wizardspike. Wands are like 4/10 of getting something ok.
WD: 1H ceremonial dagger. There's a lot of them and some of them are awful but you don't have many options really. Voodoo mask isn't a terrible backup option.
Monk: 2H daibo. about 50/50 on getting something good.
Crus: 2H flail. Most of them are decent and/or not terrible.
Necro: 2H scythe. They're all good.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 16, 2019

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Suburban Dad posted:

List for people who want a cliff notes version of what rare to upgrade for season start. This is just me giving them a quick look so numbers are approximate. This is separate and in addition to gambling low level legendaries. Generally you're looking for something with a big damage modifier in the orange text. Not all classes have great options there for weapons, and the armor pools are usually much larger and probably not worth upgrading IMO, and have more set pieces that have no modifiers on them.

Barb: 2H mighty weapon is probably best bet for leveling. About 50/50 of getting something ok. 1H spear is another possible option.
WD: 1H ceremonial dagger. There's a lot of them and some of them are awful but you don't have many options really. Voodoo mask isn't a terrible backup option.

Thanks! I'm glad I heard about this before the season starts, very interesting.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

If you get a normal legendary, I'd just cube it right away and abuse the power until you find something better (you can't use it until 70 anyway), but if you get lucky and roll an Ancient, I'd probably keep it because that will be a nice power boost with the LoN season bonus, no matter how bad it rolls.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DrSeRRoD posted:

If you get a normal legendary, I'd just cube it right away and abuse the power until you find something better (you can't use it until 70 anyway), but if you get lucky and roll an Ancient, I'd probably keep it because that will be a nice power boost with the LoN season bonus, no matter how bad it rolls.

You can only upgrade level 70 rares?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rinkles posted:

You can only upgrade level 70 rares?

Yep.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

The nice thing is that upgrading a rare is something you have to do anyway for the journey, and something you'll do naturally anyway, so might as well do it ASAP and take advantage of that nice multiplier to level up. Then, you can gamble based on the item you get, so it's complimentary with the skill(s) you'll be spamming primarily for the next few hours.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

DrSeRRoD posted:

Wow. I totally forgot about upgrading rares to legendaries, because at the time I looked I only had a few Death's Breath's. But now I've got several hundred of those (THANKS CHILTARA). That let me create an Etched Sigil, which I was having no luck gambling for at all. Arcane Torrent now melts EVERYTHING pretty much instantly. That should let me go up to Torment VII or higher. I also used that method to create an Unstable Scepter, which in turn increases the damage of my automatically-cast-once-a-second Shock Orbs by 350% and detonates them twice.

I also found a Goblinfest in a Neph Rift and got a ton of stuff. These ones thankfully were a lot more reluctant to TP away than standard ones.

...None of which matters much since that character isn't seasonal anymore.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

...None of which matters much since that character isn't seasonal anymore.

You can do it all over again in about 26 hours!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Man, I am so ready for it to be Diablo Time again. Is it tomorrow yet?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

bio347 posted:

Man, I am so ready for it to be Diablo Time again. Is it tomorrow yet?

Soontm.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I haven't played in forever, but I'm coming back for this season.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

bamhand posted:

What LoN builds are out there that use completely different skills than the regular sets? I know there's a WD Spirit Barrage build and some thorns stuff. Anything else that's kind of neat?

I'm not interested in builds like Blessed Shield Crusader with LoN instead of Akkhan's but otherwise plays the same way, but clunkier!

Now that the ring slots are open, a LoN Bowman Phalanx Crusader would probably be viable.

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Oldstench posted:

I haven't played in forever, but I'm coming back for this season.

Some really primo handle/avatar/title/post combo'ing here.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

What time does it rollover? Is it 3am EST like new game releases?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

The Sean posted:

What time does it rollover? Is it 3am EST like new game releases?

The season starts tomorrow at 8pm ET.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DrSeRRoD posted:

The season starts tomorrow at 8pm ET.

Guess I won't be starting the season until 9 PM then. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. is on at 8.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I'm looking forward to the 10000% lazystorm bonado, I vastly prefer playing it over the push necro setups.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

jiffynuts posted:

Man I’m so torn. I’ve been wanting to play for fun a LON etched sigil wizard build (not that crazy macro one) but now I’m waffling between one of the LON necro builds and a turret DH.

You got any LoN Wizard builds in mind . . . stranger?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mustached Demon posted:

Reposting the wheel of destiny for those who can't pick a class:

Wheel of destiny!!!

I'll probably just keep posting this before every season.

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

I'm looking forward to the 10000% lazystorm bonado, I vastly prefer playing it over the push necro setups.

Hell yeah. Skelebros on my Switch is the only way to diablo (at work).

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Mustached Demon posted:

I only had to spin it 6 times before I got the right answer!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Crusader, huh. Been a while since I did a Thorns build...

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I am honestly torn, I really like Impale, Thorns, and Inarius bonado and they're all options right off the bat. I skipped a few seasons but even with DH multishot buffs I still thought impale was infinitely more fun to play, same with thorns over pretty much every other Crusader build.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The wheel of fate gave me the right answer first time. Impale demon hunter here I come.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I might try a thorns necro this season, seems like it'll be pretty powerful on the higher end and I've never run a proper seasonal necro before.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Suburban Dad posted:

Wasn't the blessed hammer flail a 1he? I always found that one to be the best item for quick leveling.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Iirc there are way more 1h flails and more that suck. I went for best chance of getting something useful vs. best overall item.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zarin posted:

I only had to spin it 6 times before I got the right answer!

That's a feature: if what you spin isn't exciting then spin again!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Potential BFF posted:

I am honestly torn, I really like Impale, Thorns, and Inarius bonado and they're all options right off the bat. I skipped a few seasons but even with DH multishot buffs I still thought impale was infinitely more fun to play, same with thorns over pretty much every other Crusader build.

I'm also torn, between "ugh I don't wanna play DH again" vs "I've never actually done the Impale build"...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Impale is really good and fun but leveling a DH sucks. However it will be easier this season with the rare dagger upgrade>extract. Play something else then you can always get a DH powerleveled later. I always play DH but am doing monk first. Good news is they share gems for the most part and some early stuff may carry over since they're both dex characters.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Feels bad not to go Shadow or Bell monk when their sets are free, but they're the classes I've played by far the most. I actually don't mind leveling DH, despite what everyone else seems to think about it, but can't stand low level monk.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If you're playing a 4 man and somebody is a necro, you're just going to get carried to 70 anyway. :v:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

With LoN and 1 legendary power in cube to level up with, the journey will be very easy from level 1 through 6pc, regardless of class (especially once you find an ancient). Remember if you get an ancient, any ancient, before getting your 6pc bonus, don't wear more than 1 set piece so it doesn't eliminate the LoN bonus. Even a crappy ancient with +5 stamina will give you a bigger boost than just about anything else you'll be using until your 6pc bonus.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm the weirdo that doesn't actually care for Shadow, but I've never tried a leapbarb, so that's what I'm doing this time around.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
So I played around with my old season 16 necro and converted to a Bloodsplosion Necro with Bloodtide Blade, Trag'oul's corroded fang, and Iron rose.

I actually took OFF LoN so I could test the effectiveness of different ring setups. So this is all straight up legendary text interaction with no set benefits.

Basically the idea is to run around with aura of frailty, the mobs get sucked in thanks to Brigg’s Wrath and take additional damage from Strongarm bracers. In addition, you get the 100% benefit from Trag'oul's blade. They'll also be slowed from BotT (R25) aura which procs both BotT benefits and Krysbin's Sentence. You click on the closest big mob and waves of blood wash over them. If it's timed right, the mobs who are getting knockback from the curse will suffer the 300% of Krysbin's.

I was managing to clear T10-T11 pretty easily and this is with only low rank gems in the jewelry and no LoN bonuses.

I thought this was pretty impressive and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Is crusader or barb gonna be more fun this season?