Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Ebi burger at McDonald's Japan is very good. Wish it was available around the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Does duck make good burger patties? I know it's got more fat and can be cooked to a lesser doneness safely than chicken and turkey so I'm kinda curious how it does. But not like debone a duck to experiment myself curious.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Burged.

Brioche, lettuce, tomato, sweet onion, smash burger, black pepper cheddar, smash burger, black pepper cheddar, red onion and chilli jam.

Edit:

Raikiri fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 2, 2019

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Professor Wayne posted:

There's one really close to my home, and I've been ignoring it far too long.

Over 16oz with sauteed onions, pickled jalapenos, cheese, pickles, mushrooms. I ordered sans tomato. Get their seasoned fries. If I'm remembering my history correctly it was founded by perhaps some Greeks? The burger patties have a bit of a gyro meat flavor to them IMO. Really good and a bit over :10bux: for a combo.

edit: I went today in case that wasn't clear.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I would be interested in a gyro style burger, but I still want cheese.

Looks good!

Edit: I can't read and missed the cheese. Burg on.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Crosspost from dinner thread, I grilled in the rain because I needed a burg:

Burger sauce:

Bacon jam:

Buns glazed with butter and topped with everything bagel mix:

Burg:

Second burg, but with a moment of not eating:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Airport burgin’

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Moey posted:

I would be interested in a gyro style burger, but I still want cheese.

Looks good!

Edit: I can't read and missed the cheese. Burg on.

To be fair I think it could do with more cheese. Next time that I splurge on this monster burg I'll get some extra.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Gatts posted:

Airport burgin’

Man that looks good.

The best airport burg I've ever had was a Carls Jnr, and that probably only made it to the top because they don't have one in my city.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Treadwell Park Manhattan Burgin

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nephzinho posted:

Crosspost from dinner thread, I grilled in the rain because I needed a burg:

Burger sauce:

Bacon jam:

Buns glazed with butter and topped with everything bagel mix:

Burg:

Second burg, but with a moment of not eating:

All good. Tell us more about the bacon jam and I'm curious about those jars.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

All good. Tell us more about the bacon jam and I'm curious about those jars.

I got the jars as a gift as part of a boxed something my mother must have gotten at a Williams Sonoma outlet, i'm not actually sure what they are and do kind of want more.

Bacon jam is basically just shredded bacon crisped up, onions sliced and wilted, then caramelized with brown sugar, a nice balsamic, and some other crap. Takes like an hour and spreads nicely warm. If you put it in the fridge it gunks up.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The jars look like small size Kilner jars, I think.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Torquemada posted:

The burger sauce came right up to the rim and was 1/4 cup + about 5 tbsp in volume.

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018

Torquemada posted:

Yep, I have loads of them for spices etc. Got them on Ebay.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Today's lunch:

With bacon (you can see a bit of it peeking out the side), cheddar, garlic aioli and bacon-onion compote.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Ramadan = camel burger. Drunk burgin on the train.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

I think aoili's vowel to consonant ratio is way off for burgers

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Big Willy Style posted:

I think aoili's vowel to consonant ratio is way off for burgers

aioli is 4:1
burger is 2:4

much like an aioli does to ketchup and mustard, it balances out the overall experience

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Unfortunately there is no sandwich thread, so I hope you fine :burger: people are okay with me sharing a picture of the home-made three-layer sandwich I just made.
It consists of bread, mayo, salad, sliced salami, cheese, cucumber, mustard, bread, BBQ-sauce, cucumber, cheese, sliced turkey, salad, miraclewhip, and bread:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
why do you need mayo AND miracle whip

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Coasterphreak posted:

Brit here, the gently caress is miracle whip?

Also, cucumber ratio is way off.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

From five boroughs - "Angus beef, cheese, LTP, onion,
jalapeño salsa, sriracha mayo & side of jalapeños "

Winegum cafe and their burger (Beef pattie/bacon/lettuce/tomato/beetroot/swiss cheese/caramelized
onion w/ Winegum relish)

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
CRAFT BEER
DRINKING FOOD

my kind of place

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I appreciate that the making GBS threads on the sandwich was related to its composition and not to its not being a burg.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Raikiri posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Whip

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Raikiri posted:

A mayo substitute

Wikipedia posted:

Miracle Whip is made from water, soybean oil, high-fructose corn syrup, vinegar, modified corn starch, eggs, salt, natural flavor, mustard flour, potassium sorbate, spice, and dried garlic.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
That sounds like depression in a can.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
It's terrible.
However, we here in the Southern US only believe in the One True Mayo made by Sauer's

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Hellmann's or GTFO

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Coasterphreak posted:

Well, they taste entirely different. My philosophy of sandwich is that it should contain lots of layers, since this makes the flavour better.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Dead Goon posted:

Hellmann's or GTFO

:wrong:

Duke’s and that’s final.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Food truck got a sit down restaurant.

Pretty loving good. On another occasion I got their peanut butter, bacon and jalapeño jam burger which also owned but forgot to take a pic of.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I just realized that I have a real hard quandry: is it philosophy of sandwich/burger or theory of sandwich/burger?

A Sometimes Food posted:

Food truck got a sit down restaurant.

Pretty loving good. On another occasion I got their peanut butter, bacon and jalapeño jam burger which also owned but forgot to take a pic of.
I'm being introduced to whole new concepts here with peanut butter and jam in burgers, wow. Would love to try that at some point.
Also, is it related to your username? Because if so, good username/post combo.

EDIT: Additionally, I feel like I'd be letting people down by not quoting this from the GBS blessed images thread:

LawfulWaffle posted:

Sorry for getting so dark guys. Here's a pic that makes me feel blessed, and a gallery of more to boot.

https://imgur.com/gallery/gX8C5

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 16, 2019

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Phil Moscowitz posted:

:wrong:

Duke’s and that’s final.

Yup, used to be a Hellmann's guy 100% but having lived in the South for over a decade, I am 100% a Duke's convert.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

D. Ebdrup posted:

Well, they taste entirely different. My philosophy of sandwich is that it should contain lots of layers, since this makes the flavour better.

I agree, except that the only place miracle whip belongs is in the trash.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm being introduced to whole new concepts here with peanut butter and jam in burgers, wow. Would love to try that at some point.

Peanut butter works pretty well with burgers, it's basically the same note as satay beef.

Also Miracle Whip is a disgusting condiment that is only made to keep the sewer people from trying to rise above ground.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Eh, I dunno. I like a little miracle whip on some things - but only as a thin layer.
I can see how it can be an acquired taste, though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

I just realized that I have a real hard quandry: is it philosophy of sandwich/burger or theory of sandwich/burger?

Also, is it related to your username? Because if so, good username/post combo.

EDIT: Additionally, I feel like I'd be letting people down by not quoting this from the GBS blessed images thread:

angerbeet posted:

Peanut butter works pretty well with burgers, it's basically the same note as satay beef.

Peanut butter and jam can be good on burgers and around here a lot of places do it, usually calling it an Elvis or something similar. The main issue is a lot of places overdo it and it becomes a sloppy mess. The one at Greenhorns (the place I posted) was excellent because they were conservative on amounts but used a very powerful jam and a crunchy peanut butter.

My name is mostly just a reference to me being a fat gently caress foodie.

Also no judgment on the miracle whip cause we don't have it down here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
No you have vegemite which is equally abhorrent, just for different reasons.