Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm not really projecting here, that's about as blindingly obvious as it gets beyond Arya just turning to the camera and saying "I'M GONNA GO KILL EVERYBODY"

Like, you put a badass fighter character on a pale horse after a traumatic event, people are gonna assume you're equating her to Death

if leaks are any indication, that is 100% pure coincidence and DnD didn't understand what white horses are suppose to symbolize in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm not really projecting here, that's about as blindingly obvious as it gets beyond Arya just turning to the camera and saying "I'M GONNA GO KILL EVERYBODY"

Like, you put a badass fighter character on a pale horse after a traumatic event, people are gonna assume you're equating her to Death

Maybe, but how many people? I thought it was a cheap attempt to create a sense of hope in the face of destruction.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
They kind of weren't really paying attention in church.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Typo posted:

if leaks are any indication, that is 100% pure coincidence and DnD didn't understand what white horses are suppose to symbolize in the first place

Arya just gets, like, a cool horse. Don't read into it. This isn't an 8th-grade book report. Sometimes white horses are cool.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Ah yes, Arya's infamous love of exploration. What a perfect ending for that character!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Can someone remind me why Arya left bravos, she just didn't want to kill targets she was obligated to kill?

Also it looks like the dothraki are literally forgotten about

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's basically an Arya dies ending anyway. No one comes back from the west, why would an inexperienced helmsman like Arya oh wait yeah lol

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
There are at least 3 sequel hooks there.

mastershakeman posted:

Can someone remind me why Arya left bravos, she just didn't want to kill targets she was obligated to kill?

They go to Essos to "liberate" the free cities.

Arya going west is probably a GRRM thing because it rips off mirrors Tolkien.

D&D will reveal that Jon stabbing Dany is the third holy poo poo moment.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

mastershakeman posted:

Arya wouldn't kill the actress she was supposed to kill, instead outing the person who had contracted the kill. Then the Faceless Men training her tried to kill her.

Also they'll just say "uh the rest of the dothraki that came out of nowhere died while pillaging"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ague Proof posted:

There are at least 3 sequel hooks there.

Why would the dothraki go with the unsullied . You know what gently caress it I don't care

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean King Bran kind of tracks because he's like the only character nobody in the cast has beef with. He's kind of boring but he's also never committed war crimes, never murdered anyone's family members, and... the literal only "bad" thing he's ever done was a pure accident in a desperate situation, and also part of a predetermined stable time loop

Like the basis of my prediction was basically "Tyrion and Bran are the only characters nobody really hates in-universe." Jon is a problem for multiple reasons, Sansa doesn't want it, Queen Arya makes no sense, King Grey Worm makes even less sense than that... out of the surviving characters who matter enough to even be realistic for this, that leaves Tyrion and Bran.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

mastershakeman posted:

Why would the dothraki go with the unsullied . You know what gently caress it I don't care

Game of Thrones: You know what gently caress it I don't care

The Dothraki aren't even people on the show at this point, they are just a prop.

quote:

out of the surviving characters who matter enough to even be realistic for this, that leaves Tyrion and Bran.

King Gendry Baratheon wouldn't have been bad either. I mean it doesn't make sense but neither does King Bran.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 16, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Like outside of them we'd be getting into comedy options like Queen Brienne or King Gendry or King Samwell

And those would be loving hilarious but I guarantee you they were never even considered

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

I could see the Unsullied doing this, but why would the Dothraki? Why wouldn't they just choose a new Khal and start pillaging Westeros which, after a decade of non-stop wars, has gotta be kinda defenseless?

e: yeah what they said

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I for one accept our new King Lord Coffee Cup.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Like outside of them we'd be getting into comedy options like Queen Brienne or King Gendry or King Samwell

And those would be loving hilarious but I guarantee you they were never even considered

Gendry got legitimised and can actually act like a normal person. It's dumb but so is Bran.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Zohar posted:

New summary of the finale from one of the accurate leakers from last episode. Seems like Tyrion pretty much wins in the end, with King Bran as his puppet

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

King Samwell makes no less sense than Grand Maester Samwell. He never even became a Maester and there's no way he's getting a chain after the poo poo he pulled. Seeing as Jon didn't end up becoming king, it wasn't important in the end to tell him about his lineage. It didn't matter. Had he just been Ned Stark's bastard, everything would have been the same except maybe Varys is still alive.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I could see the Unsullied doing this, but why would the Dothraki? Why wouldn't they just choose a new Khal and start pillaging Westeros which, after a decade of non-stop wars, has gotta be kinda defenseless?

e: yeah what they said

I mean didn't they kind of establish that the Dothraki just straight up don't give a poo poo about Westeros for the most part, and their involvement with the current situation is 100% Dany dragging them into it?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

*ahem*

King Bronn.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
Gendry being king would 100% make sense and even brings the story of the iron throne full circle: it started out with Robert Baratheon's rule but after years of civil war over a succession crisis you just end up with his illegitimate son on the throne: which kinda fullfill ned's original mission in a way

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Xiahou Dun posted:

*ahem*

King Bronn.

The king we need and deserve.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean I get that from a Watsonian perspective, there's not really any reason any of the people I mentioned wouldn't win that vote (everyone likes all three of those characters)

From a Doyleist perspective, though, none of them are main cast so it was never, ever going to happen

Out of the people who can reasonably be called main characters and not side characters, Tyrion and Bran are basically the only reasonable-ish options, so... yeah, even though I figured it'd be the other way around with King Tyrion and Hand Bran, King Bran and Hand Tyrion tracks too

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Typo posted:

Gendry being king would 100% make sense and even brings the story of the iron throne full circle: it started out with Robert Baratheon's rule but after years of civil war over a succession crisis you just end up with his illegitimate son on the throne: which kinda fullfill ned's original mission in a way

Flash forward 15 years where he’s a fat drunk heartbroken about Arya, so he goes North to ask Jon Snow to be hand of the king

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

bobjr posted:

Flash forward 15 years where he’s a fat drunk heartbroken about Arya, so he goes North to ask Jon Snow to be hand of the king

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Or they'll associate her with Gandalf!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
but no we get BRAN as king because

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

This is what the Dothraki will say when they head back to Essos

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Typo posted:

100% because they looked back at the season they had written and said "oh gently caress we forgot to have Bran do anything this is due tomorrow oh poo poo"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Typo posted:

With a completely different season 8 it could work in the same way that Claudius became Emperor but we've got D&D rather than history and Robert Graves.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Typo posted:

Gendry is also the closest living relative of Daenerys at this point. His great grandmother is her great aunt.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

The dothraki don't want to stay in Westeros man it sucks there. Like look at this iron throne nonsense.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

Gendry is also the closest living relative of Daenerys at this point. His great grandmother is her great aunt.

So you're saying they should gently caress.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Raccooon posted:

Also if the unsullied are leaving then why not just say yeah he is punished then when they are gone

Tyrion’s like “ah you old dog Jon. Get back out here you didn’t really think we were gonna punish you right?”

Jon's response, "No, despite your insistence otherwise, I agreed to this punishment and as my former father taught me, I honor my words. I am going to man the Night's Watch alone to protect against my friend's the Wildings so that they may never invade our land again."

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

bobjr posted:

I would absolutely love that ending.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Admiral Ray posted:

:stare:

didn't the targs marry -some- other families at any point after that?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

King Gendry Baratheon wouldn't have been bad either. I mean it doesn't make sense but neither does King Bran.

Sansa would be my favorite from an overall arc perspective. It makes total sense—start out the most naive little girl in all the land, wind up as a hardened queen. Tyrion it would make sense for, too—start out mocked and loathed by everyone, wind up as savior and king of all the haters. Hell, do both and have them get remarried, this time as an alliance of the two warring families that started the whole thing, this time by choice and for the good of the kingdom.

Bran? Let's see now. Start out a little boy who loves to climb, become an ancient wizard, wind up... uh... deferring to Tyrion and staring off into space a lot? That's just good storytelling!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Typo posted:

:stare:

didn't the targs marry -some- other families at any point after that?

Yeah, Rhaegar married Elia Martell. But...

edit: yeah, I would have been all for Tyrion and Sansa getting married and ruling together. It makes sense both politically and personally for them both. The one reason Sansa had against it is now gone.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 16, 2019

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

feedmyleg posted:

Sansa would be my favorite from an overall arc perspective. It makes total sense—start out the most naive little girl in all the land, wind up as a hardened queen. Tyrion it would make sense for, too—start out mocked and loathed by everyone, wind up as savior and king of all the haters. Hell, do both and have them get remarried, this time as an alliance of the two warring families that started the whole thing, this time by choice and for the good of the kingdom.

Bran? Let's see now. Start out a little boy who loves to climb, become an ancient wizard, wind up... uh... deferring to Tyrion and staring off into space a lot? That's just good storytelling!

Sansa doesn't make sense from story perspective because

1) she's clearly a northern separatist

2) she has 0 claim on the throne

though in reality you would marry sansa to gendry (or jon snow if he's king) to personal union the 2 kingdoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
Also i jsut realized something

Tyrion is lord of casterly rock when the volunqar rocks killed cersei