Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lamebot posted:

Seven Deadly Sins 310:"I have to go now, my planet nee-"*SPLAT* -- Elizabeth died on the way to the Melodias' home planet.

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I for one think it's loving hilarious

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Holy poo poo did that sudden tonal whiplash get me.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fabricated posted:

It is absolutely loving hilarious.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

was the entire epilogue thing just a fakeout this whole time

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe an editor came down and was like "no you are not ending this"

Has that ever happened before?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

:emptyquote:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

idk there were a bunch of loose ends just dangling in the wind so the conclusion felt kinda lame. the last fight sure didn't feel like the last fight anyway. wouldn't be surprising if there was always meant to be an extra arc

or maybe they'll wrap it up in like 1 extra chapter. who knows

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Lamebot posted:

Seven Deadly Sins 310:"I have to go now, my planet nee-"*SPLAT* -- Elizabeth died on the way to the Melodias' home planet.

That was great. :allears: Such a troll.

10/10 would crush again

It does at least explain why the ending felt so unfulfilling.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Hahahaha this is incredible :allears:

Between this and GoT this week has been a blast.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Dragon Ball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Z...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I think it's more likely that calling it an epilogue allowed him to stop it being a weekly series

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Honestly, Elizabeth getting splatted might be one of the funniest things I have seen in years. What an amazing fake out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not gonna lie the more I think about it the more I want whatever anime season it lands on to end on it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
So, who are they going to fight next, the Supreme Goddess?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Angry Lobster posted:

So, who are they going to fight next, the Supreme Goddess?

It stands to reason.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Archenteron posted:

Dragon Ball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Z...

Not actually true!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
leave arthur dead pls

they also never explained how escanor got mael's power

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

:piss: that seven deadly sins chapter doing a full 180

also Chainsawman owns but having read the only other thing the author has done (Fire Punch) I'm just waiting for it to go completely loving mental and off the rails, if you think what we've seen so far is hosed up dont read Fire Punch

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Fire Punch wasn’t in Jump though, was it? He’s probably a bit limited in how extreme he can take it this time.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Well he's doing a hell of a job testing those boundaries.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rocks fall, elizabeth dies.

Also if jump can allow "endless censored softcore" Mashima a long running spot then whats the problem with Chainsawman.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Mashima doesn't run in Shonen Jump.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Eden's Zero is going in interesting directions and I can't wait to see the interactions between the main cast and the narrator girl

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mulderman posted:

Mashima doesn't run in Shonen Jump.

Fairy tail my dude.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Which doesn't run in Shonen Jump but in Weekly Shōnen Magazine.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

People are always surprised by how much gore you can get away with in Jump, but they ran JoJo's Bizarre Adventurer until part 7. Not to mention all of Fist of the North Star.

It takes a lot to be too extreme for that particular magazine.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're not talking about gore

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Begemot posted:

People are always surprised by how much gore you can get away with in Jump, but they ran JoJo's Bizarre Adventurer until part 7. Not to mention all of Fist of the North Star.

It takes a lot to be too extreme for that particular magazine.

It's a little more wrinkly than it may seem. Both of those series attracted shitloads upon shitloads of PTA complaints, especially FotNS (this is why the TV adaptation has such janky censorship and large chunks of the movie's gore scenes no longer exist).

Like, Jump won't stop you from publishing something edgy if editorial's otherwise into it, but you gotta be ready for potential heat from it, so people have a tendency to at least play it a little safe to avoid that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mulderman posted:

Which doesn't run in Shonen Jump but in Weekly Shōnen Magazine.

well thats me beat.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Manatee Cannon posted:

they're not talking about gore

to love ru used to run in wsj

i'm sure it's hornier than it was then but still, you shouldnt be surprised by horny in wsj

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
As a fan of We Never Learn

Jump does not give a gently caress about cheesecake

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yuuna is literally censored softcore. The nipples are uncensored in the volumes.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Isn't Japan more relax about nudity than the U.S.?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i guess in some ways they are but jav demonstrates that in other ways, they aren't

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Cheesecake is one thing.

Having a manga where:
The main character rips others apart with chainsaws
Starts the story having sold his nuts and eye and get killed and chopped up into pieces by the yakuza.
Is purely motivated by wanting to gently caress his boss.
Gets vomited into his mouth and swallows it
And is now seemingly about to get laid by a drunk woman who is older than he is.

And that is not even touching upon the underlying themes Chainsaw man is putting out there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Coaaab posted:

i guess in some ways they are but jav demonstrates that in other ways, they aren't

The censorship is why they are so lax

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mulderman posted:

Cheesecake is one thing.

Having a manga where:
Starts the story having sold his nuts and eye and get killed and chopped up into pieces by the yakuza.
And is now seemingly about to get laid by a drunk woman who is older than he is.

And that is not even touching upon the underlying themes Chainsaw man is putting out there.

chainsaw man has a different vibe to your standard shonen jump series but the violence stuff is really not worse than in other shonen

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mulderman posted:

Cheesecake is one thing.

Having a manga where:

Yea its awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

bondster posted:

Eden's Zero is going in interesting directions and I can't wait to see the interactions between the main cast and the narrator girl

I don't expect anything interesting to be honest, but so far it's drat entertaining. I giggled over the silly clothes they decided on and all the facial expressions.
I really hope he keeps this tone of voice going and doesn't start pretending it's all super serious business.