Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The Iron Wheelchair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

clown shoes posted:

What other girlfriend did he kill?

Ah he ran off and snitched about the wildling attack to the night's watch. He basically killed Ygritte.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah Jon at least indirectly hosed up everything for everyone. He snitched on Ygritte, on his own lineage to Sansa, and he's absolutely going to continue loving up in his last hour of screentime.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
how much would change if he'd just hosed off with Ygritte when he had the chance

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You could ask that same thing about most characters and their plotline of season ~4-6. Nothing would change because most of the characters just kind of hosed around from then til now, based on where they ended up.

YaketySass posted:

Kind of a dick move from Tyrion if he's the one to send Jon to the Wall instead of Jon deciding that on his own.

I mean, the show already told us that Tyrion doesn't react kindly to his friends betraying his queen. He can betray his queen, though, because he doesn't like himself.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

YaketySass posted:

how much would change if he'd just hosed off with Ygritte when he had the chance

Arya doesn't go to winterfell and kills cersei

Ramsay marries Dany after he kills sansa and theon at castle black

Night king never gets past the wall

Jaime and brienne get married, dunno what else

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 16, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

YaketySass posted:

The Iron Wheelchair

Shots have leaked of Bran getting his new Iron Throne.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not reading the last 2k posts ITT so can somebody briefly explain what happens in the finale of this trainwreck of a season please

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Slutitution posted:

I'm not reading the last 2k posts ITT so can somebody briefly explain what happens in the finale of this trainwreck of a season please

Zohar posted:

New summary of the finale from one of the accurate leakers from last episode. Seems like Tyrion pretty much wins in the end, with King Bran as his puppet

quote:

Jon, Davos and Tyrion are walking through the aftermath of Kings Landing. Tyrion walks through what's left of the castle and sees Jaime's hand so he starts to uncover the rubble and he confirms both Cersei and Jaime are dead. They find Grey Worm and his men they have Lannister Soldiers trapped and they're about to kill them. Jon trys to tells Grey Worm to stop. Grey Worm tells Jon that its the queens orders. Then they cut to Dany giving a speech pretty much saying how she freed the people from Kings Landing and the new goal is freeing the rest of the world. Dany turns to Tyrion and tells him he committed treason. Tyrion tells her that she killed thousands of innocent people and he takes off the hands pin and throws it. Dany sends him to prison.

Jon goes to see her and she sitting on the Iron throne alone and John tells her that she needs to stop being a crazy bitch and that Grey Worm killed the Lannisters army from the previous scene. Dany tells Jon that she's doing it for the people. Jon pretends to understand and tricks her. When her guard is down he stabs her. Drogon comes and is standing over her body and he burns or melts the Iron throne and carries her away.

Grey Worm has Tyrion and Jon as his prisoners. The *council is (led by Sansa) tells Grey Worm to release Jon back to them but he refuses. That's when Tyrion says that the new King or Queen should decide what happens to Jon. Sam suggest for a democratic vote for the new king. Tyrion calls that idea stupid. The council votes and decide Bran Should be the King. Bran picks Tyrion as his hand.

Tyrion tells Jon that his punishment is going back to the wall and join the Knights Watch. Grey Worm accepts Jons punishment. He doesn't bend the knee leaves with his troops and Dothraki on ships to go free Slave cities. They show Tyrion leading the council. Jon says goodbye to Sansa and Arya. Arya tells them she isn't going back home. She's going to explore whatever is west of Westeros because that's where no one has been.

The final scene is a Closing montage. You see Arya on a ship, Sansa ruling Winterfell and Jon doesnt stay at the wall he reunites with Tormund and Ghost.

Council Members: Samwell Tarly the Grand Maester, Davos Seaworth Master of ships, Bronn Master of Coin and High Garden, Brienne (not sure) Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Yara Greyjoy Lord of Iron Islands, Robin Arryn Lord of Kingdom of the Mountain and the Vale, Gendry Baratheon Lord of Storm's End, Yohn Royce Lord of Runestone, Hound doesn't get mentioned., Podrick is wheeling around Bran and he protects him.

Ellaria Sand doesn't get mentioned (i asked because she's alive). Sam mentions that they seen Drogon in some location but aren't sure. Bran just says, "ill look for him" They don't have a Master of Laws and Whisperers. Tyrion is looking for the right people to fill those spots. They don't clarify what Bran did when he was in warg during The Long Night. Did i forget to mention the most important detail about this entire episode? our good boy gets a pat from Jon.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Show doesn't even have the energy anymore to be a glorious trainwreck, it's just limping to the station instead. It blew its wad on Dany's burnination.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah that is safe and boring as gently caress, but at least Jon gets to kick it with Tormund again

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Slutitution posted:

Bram gets elected president of westeros. Jon kills Danny and lives out the rest of his life as a wildling lumberjack in the northern North. Arya sails west to discover new continents.

I'm not kidding. This is not a joke.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The last scene of the series is Jon dining with Ghost and Tormund while a dadrock song plays. A guy with intense blue eyes is seen passing near, Jon looks up, cut to black.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Opferwurst posted:

Bram gets elected president of westeros. Jon kills Danny and lives out the rest of his life as a wildling lumberjack in the northern North. Arya sails west to discover new continents.

I'm not kidding. This is not a joke.

lmao Is Arya trying to find Middle Earth or something?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

She's been east already so now she's going west. It's like poetry, it rhymes..very deep stuff, you wouldn't understand

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Crossing vast oceans with their technological levels would require massive ressources and at least a vague idea of where they're going, but I suppose nothing's impossible for our girl. She's probably realized Martin is tropey as gently caress so it's guaranted there's a Not-America just off the map, full of golden cities and noble savages.

When I first read the leaks mentioning Arya wandering the world I though it made some amount of sense, expecting here to become a murderhobo in Essos, but no, they had to make it dumber than that.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Zohar posted:

New summary of the finale from one of the accurate leakers from last episode. Seems like Tyrion pretty much wins in the end, with King Bran as his puppet

i hate this dumb show

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
wait wait I get Grey Worm going back to Essos with the Unsullied to free slaves

but the Dothraki come with him? Are they just going back to the Great Grass Sea or are they ALSO freeing slaves, because that is extremely not their thing

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Grey Worm is technically the last antagonist of the series lol

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Pattonesque posted:

but the Dothraki come with him? Are they just going back to the Great Grass Sea or are they ALSO freeing slaves, because that is extremely not their thing

well as it turn out the dothraki were wiped out during the night's king battle and ummmmm took "heavy casualties" in nanking's landing and so......there's none of them left

‾\_(ツ)_/‾

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

Show ends on a montage of everyone having fun with their new friends, and one of the scenes is the Dothraki sacking Horn Hill.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good grief, some of the things I jokingly/irritatedly suggested as what would happen, as attempts to come up with the dumbest/least satisfying resolutions possible, are actually in that spoiler list. Bran on the Iron Throne (though specifically because he's the real villain and this was all his plan, which I guess the show isn't doing, though that'd actually make more sense than him just getting it because why not), Drogon just loving off so the show doesn't have to figure out how to deal with him being a problem, Bronn actually getting Highgarden... And then there are parts that are even worse than my deliberately bad guesses.

The actual ending is going to be even dumber and less satisfying than my attempt to come up with the dumbest and least satisfying ending that's remotely plausible. I had lost hope of a good ending after episode five and this is still worse than I thought it'd be. It's actually kind of amazing, and to cap it all off, I am legitimately unsure if this is D&D being deliberately bad because they clearly stopped caring and have shown spite towards the audience for a while now, or is this their actual, honest attempt at a good ending? I don't know which would be worse.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

YaketySass posted:

Villains: bluish white foreigner from the north, woman, woman, swarthy foreigner from the East

Hell yeah

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
While D&D are pretty bad and the execution is terrible, the final plot points of each character are probably what Martin had in mind. And honestly I can't see how he could salvage this train wreak in the books

Edit: lol, "in the books", as is they're coming out. shame on me for posting that

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It'd save the series if the ending involved everyone being stuck with a pissed-off dragon nesting inside the city and refusing to leave.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ZZZorcerer posted:

While D&D are pretty bad and the execution is terrible, the final plot points of each character are probably what Martin had in mind. And honestly I can't see how he could salvage this train wreak in the books

Edit: lol, "in the books", as is they're coming out. shame on me for posting that

I could absolutely see the broad strokes working in the books. Book Dany is already insane, and D&D has said Arya killing the NK was their idea.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Mat Cauthon posted:

This invokes one of the criticisms of recent seasons that I think is super valid and on point: the show simply cannot stop switching back and forth between framing character's actions or responses in accordance with modern morality versus (ostensibly) medieval morality. There's no reason for Jon to be that skittish about hooking up with his aunt. Lords marry their cousins and other close relatives all the time, both out of convenience and to keep the family wealth secure. We can probably assume it's common among Westerosi smallfolk as well. He wasn't raised in the Targ tradition like Dany was, but it's well known Targs married siblings for centuries, despite the risk of inbreeding.

IIRC, Tyrion and Varys specifically had a conversation about this, although neither of them actually asked Jon about it. Varys just said he wouldn't go for it because in the north they don't do incest.

quote:

Sam mentions that they seen Drogon in some location but aren't sure.

This is my favorite part. I can't stop laughing imagining this as exactly the dialogue:

"But what about that dragon that destroyed an entire fleet and city in less than an hour and is now out there completely wild and under no one's control?"

"We seen him in some location but aren't sure. *shrug*"

Lowly fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 16, 2019

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They should have made Bronn grand maester and Sam the coin guy

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Lowly posted:

This is my favorite part. I can't stop laughing imagining this as exactly the dialogue:

"But what about that dragon that destroyed an entire fleet and city in less than an hour and is not out there completely wild and under no one's control?"

"We seen him in some location but aren't sure. *shrug*"

Life, uh, finds a way.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

If they're going into a reform, they might as well abolish the old council and develop a system of checks and balances with transparency to the public. A way to not repeat the corrupt mistakes of the past.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

I could absolutely see the broad strokes working in the books. Book Dany is already insane, and D&D has said Arya killing the NK was their idea.

Yeah, most of the plot points I see as completely reasonable and it's just the way their done that is all hosed up. Also in the books there are a ton more characters so some of the dumbest poo poo like 'bronn is on the council' could be explained as 'the character that would've been on the council isn't in the show so they just picked somebody'

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
in reality the dragon would ravage the countryside for decades and the dothraki would pillage the southlands before setting up their own kingdom in something akin to the german/viking invasions of england

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I like to see that after the teen blonde is dead by murder everyone is okay with that and literally just goes home. I mean, it's not like there's anything else to do now to be honest, but still, it's super strange to resolve it like that.

I wonder why Drogon doesn't start burning the Starks or Winterfell or whoever for stabbing her mother, but maybe he goes to Essos and raise great kids? :allears:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lmao at "Tyrion calls that idea stupid". I bet this takes place in the throne room

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

YaketySass posted:

NIght King and Dragons don't have poo poo on Grey Worm -D&D

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lmao at "Tyrion calls that idea stupid". I bet this takes place in the throne room

He does but Sam pulls out a fully-fledged Constitution out of his rear end and everyone agrees it's time to Break The Wheel(tm), Dany would be proud.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[/quote]

That last sentence redeems the season.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ZZZorcerer posted:

Kevin J. Anderson is just waiting by the phone rubbing his greasy little mitts together.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I have no idea how an elective monarchy is in any way "breaking the wheel". The Holy Roman Empire or the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth werr as bloody and brutal as any other part of Europe. They all guzzled the same peasant juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Kevin J. Anderson is just waiting by the phone rubbing his greasy little mitts together.

I have no dog in this race but this is too far.