Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. SHO - Best of the Super Juniors Night 1 5/13

Absolutely incredible, a starmaking performance for SHO and yet another example of why Shingo Takagi is one of the best wrestlers going today, and it wasn't even the main event of the evening :stare:

nth

Also, HM for Gresham/Scurll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. SHO, NJPW BOSJ Night 1

God drat did that live up to the hype

Yes

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Benne posted:

Nth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely incredible, a starmaking performance for SHO and yet another example of why Shingo Takagi is one of the best wrestlers going today, and it wasn't even the main event of the evening :stare:
Nth

SHO sho gonna be a star

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

nth. Nothing could follow this and it was a massive misjudgement for it not to close.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

Goddamn yes...Sho and Shingo gonna fight over singles titles for years

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Nth.

Pretty sure Sho told the young lion attending to him "everything hurts" and I believe it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
5/14/19
NJPW
Best of the Super Juniors night 2
Bandido vs El Phantasmo

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I really could just give HM nomination to all the block matches from night 2 tbh. They were all very solid but the ones I will nominate

HM
14/5/2019
BOSJ night 2

Will Ospreay v BUSHI

HM
14/5/2019
BOSJ night 2

Taguchi v YOH

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Just working through Night 1 of BOSJ

HM: Jonathan Gresham vs. Marty Scurll - Best of the Super Juniors Night 1 5/13

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Burn Down Canberra posted:

HM
14/5/2019
BOSJ night 2

Will Ospreay v BUSHI

HM
14/5/2019
BOSJ night 2

Taguchi v YOH

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5/14/19
NJPW
Best of the Super Juniors night 2
Bandido vs El Phantasmo

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
5/15/19
NJPW
Best of the Super Juniors night 3
Jonathan Gresham vs TAKA Michinoku

Real fun match between 2 great grapplers.

HM
5/15/19
NJPW
Taiji Ishimori vs Marty Scurll

One botch aside this was just really good between 2 really good wrestlers.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5/15/19
NJPW

HM
5/15/19
NJPW

Agreed on both.

I feel that Marty and Ishimori were heading towards a MOTYC but the match lost momentum when Taiji hit his head

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: SHO vs. Dragon Lee - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 3 5/15

The low crowd audio detracted somewhat but these two put on a hell of a match.

forkboy84 posted:

Unfortunately the botch and its aftermath was scary enough that it took me out of the match sadly.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 15, 2019

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

MOTYC SHO vs. Dragon Lee - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 3 5/15

That match was incredible

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

2nd this. It was exactly what you would expect from Dragon Lee & SHO. Which is to say stupidly good and with at least one absurdly dangerous looking moment from Lee.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HM Briscoes vs GOD ROH War of the Worlds 5/12

the briscoes got good again

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5/15/19
NJPW

HM
5/15/19
NJPW

quote:

HM
14/5/2019
BOSJ night 2

Will Ospreay v BUSHI

HM
14/5/2019
BOSJ night 2

Taguchi v YOH

quote:

nthing all these

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

agreed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Will Ospreay vs. Rocky Romero - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 4 5/16

Goddamn this was good and I bit on every single false finish. Best singles performance by Rocky Romero in a long time, and I dig Rocky!

Edit: Fixed spelling, I got real excited by that match obviously!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 16, 2019

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Will Ospreay vs. Rocky Romen - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 4 5/16

Goddamn this was good and I bit on every single false finish. Best singles performance by Rocky Romero in a long time, and I dig Rocky!

nth

Extremely close to a MOTYC tbh.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress it MOTYC: Rocky Romero vs Will Ospreay, BOSJ Night 4

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Jerusalem posted:

yep

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It was really good. Although I do have some qualms about it, namely the length and the idea of Ospreay basically being on a level playing field with Rocky not really making much sense.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

It was really good. Although I do have some qualms about it, namely the length and the idea of Ospreay basically being on a level playing field with Rocky not really making much sense.

Ospreay is just getting ready for his IWGP HW title run when he becomes the English Okada.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Veto

Senerio fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 17, 2019

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Veto

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

gently caress it MOTYC: Rocky Romero vs Will Ospreay, BOSJ Night 4

I agree, loved it. Bought into every false finish

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: DOUKI vs. Taguchi NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 4 - 5/16

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Senerio posted:

HM: The UpUpDownDown GM Mode Rumble May 26 2019

The commentary of Creed and Pretty (and guest Athena) really made this match, and from the final four between Cena (Raw), Batista (Smackdown), Hunter (Smackdown) and Kane(Smackdown) it was the best rumble in years.

It can't be a good rumble when the final 2 don't know the rules of the Rumble and spend more time going for pins and subs than trying to throw each other out

KungFu Grip posted:

2nd this

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
This will get buried in the BOSJ stuff I fear; but

MOTYC: Wonder of Stardom Championship: Momo Watanabe (c) vs Arisa Hoshiki, STARDOM Gold May 2019, 16th May

I was borderline on this one I admit and the MOTYC vote is partially because it helps it get to HM status at least since it deserves that. I'll try not to spoil too much since its just up and I'd rather not give away the result or the finish so this might be a little vague. The story of the match was simple: before the show Arisa talked fairly consistently about how Momo's kicks are fake and so Momo, being the arrogant sort-of heel-Ace that she is, tries to prove her wrong and that she's better than her. Its a simple story and very well executed. There's no spectacular high spots or anything (but its BOSJ season so if there were it'd probably mark the match down since you'd get obvious comparison) but its just a well worked match with a good story, a few great false finishes and both women came out of it elevated. Only went 12 minutes but that's fine: it didn't need to go any longer and it'd have been worse if it did. It was very strong also when you considering that it ended a record-setting reign with the belt, without making Momo look any lesser than she was going in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Barring the night 4 main event I'm all caught up with BOSJ so...

MOTYC: SHO vs. Shingo Takagi, BOSJ Night 1, 13/05
MOTYC: SHO vs. Dragon Lee, BOSJ Night 3, 15/05

I've been on the SHO train since last year's BOSJ and it's great to see him looking like the star of this year's tournament. He's got such a huge future.

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Rocky Romero, BOSJ Night 4, 16/05

If this had been anyone but Rocky it would probably just be an HM but for someone who's been predominantly sidelined since I got into New Japan it was great to see him have the chance to really show off what he can do and it makes me want more of him as a wrestler. That Stormbreaker to hurracanrana counter :discourse:

HM: Marty Scurll vs. Jonathan Gresham, BOSJ Night 1, 13/05
HM: Dragon Lee vs. Taiji Ishimori, BOSJ Night 1, 13/05
HM: Bandido vs. El Phantasmo, BOSJ Night 2, 14/05
HM: Ren Narita vs. Robbie Eagles, BOSJ Night 4, 16/05

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTYC: Wonder of Stardom Championship: Momo Watanabe (c) vs Arisa Hoshiki, STARDOM Gold May 2019, 16th May

2nd
This match was really good and it's a shame it'll get buried with all the Junior matches. People should check it out.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

I was borderline on this one I admit and the MOTYC vote is partially because it helps it get to HM status at least since it deserves that. I'll try not to spoil too much since its just up and I'd rather not give away the result or the finish so this might be a little vague. The story of the match was simple: before the show Arisa talked fairly consistently about how Momo's kicks are fake and so Momo, being the arrogant sort-of heel-Ace that she is, tries to prove her wrong and that she's better than her. Its a simple story and very well executed. There's no spectacular high spots or anything (but its BOSJ season so if there were it'd probably mark the match down since you'd get obvious comparison) but its just a well worked match with a good story, a few great false finishes and both women came out of it elevated. Only went 12 minutes but that's fine: it didn't need to go any longer and it'd have been worse if it did. It was very strong also when you considering that it ended a record-setting reign with the belt, without making Momo look any lesser than she was going in.

Nth

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'll give it an HM. As IceAgeComing said: it builds well on the story going in and is good on its own, too. One of the false finishes (suplexing too close to the ropes) was particularly neat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

3rd

IceAgeComing posted:

Nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IceAgeComing posted:

I'll nth this, plus

Sho vs Shingo

and Dragon Lee vs Cavernario from the Wrestlecon Supershow if that is still eligible or needs votes. All for MOTYC.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Rockey Romero

HM: Douki vs Taguchi

Fun night of BOSJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

frankenfreak posted:

I'll give it an HM. As IceAgeComing said: it builds well on the story going in and is good on its own, too. One of the false finishes (suplexing too close to the ropes) was particularly neat.

Its also good how that set up for the finish: she was winning the match before that point; hit the Peach Sunrise but Arisa ended up in the ropes and that small mistake opened up an opportunity for Arisa: its one of those finishes where a person is losing a match but takes advantage of a chance to win which doesn't make everyone involved look like a geek.