Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

welp I got ten minutes to beat Kiara. I think I've run out of time, I've only got her down to her second health bar and melt is almost dead. Guess I gotta wait two years, like the director at NASA in the classic disney movie Rocketman tried to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Two minutes to midnight. Goodbye Melt! It was a beautiful dance!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Farewell Albrecht.

... GIFF BONES!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Well, I beat her but I can't get BB because it's after the event and I can't access the second part of the final quest :v:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
whew yall i did it

i killed goetia on sunday

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Oh God, bones.
Also, sometimes I forget Arjuna has a death effect on his NP.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Nice, the new Jeanne Interlude has a showing from everyone's favourite Demon Bomber Clown!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GyVx28R9-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUrWaiRHWI0

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
...Hmm, Goddess Gacha.

I have EVERY 4 STAR RIDER in the game at this point and don't really need more

but I kinda wanna toss at least some tickets and try and bring Big Sis home.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What's the significance behind the names they use for Mage ranks?

Like Cause.
Cause why? Cause of what?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's weird to say, but I actually completely forgot about the Hunting Quests this week cus I was laser focused on the 2x success rates and the interludes/strengthenings. Guess Shinjuku will have to wait after all, it's back to the Bone Zone for me!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
You gain the rank of Cause because you Cause things to happen, you are considered competent enough of a magus to be the root origin of things happening.

JK IDK.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Is there an AP to bone ratio for this hunting quest floating somewhere? I've checked a spreadsheet I've got bookmarked but it seems data hasn't rolled in yet.

E: good, good, 2 great successes when eating 4* exp CEs, between all I have about 13M of bombs stored.
So obviously I go to check if I can max Drunk Jalter from zero.
:negative: Level 93 :negative:

Omobono fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 16, 2019

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the_steve posted:

Like Cause.

Dunno but its the 3rd lowest rank.

冠位(グランド Grand) > 色位(ブランド Brand)> 典位(プライド Pride)> 祭位(フェス Fes) > 開位(コーズ Cause) > 長子(カウント Count)> 末子(フレーム Frame)

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Omobono posted:

Is there an AP to bone ratio for this hunting quest floating somewhere? I've checked a spreadsheet I've got bookmarked but it seems data hasn't rolled in yet.

15.7 ap per bone.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Well, NP5 Nightingale. My first maxed 5 star.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Well, NP5 Nightingale. My first maxed 5 star.

Another 10 nurses and you can get a 5 star of your choice!

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Even if the AP for Bones isn't as hot as some of the regular farming spots, this is still a good thing to brind from. Both for Sanity and the fact that it drops a gently caress ton of gold Saber embers as well as bones, and holy poo poo do I need those because the fact that Saber/Rider ember days shares with the Caster Gem training ground, and I need all of the Gems I can get, so I've fallen behind on my Seiba grinding.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

I'm not sure whether to draw on this banner or not - on the one hand, I really want to save up for Summer 2.

On the other hand, I have drawn exactly one gold Archer since I started playing. Hell, I got ANGRA MAINYU before I ever got Billy the Kid.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

I'm not sure whether to draw on this banner or not - on the one hand, I really want to save up for Summer 2.

On the other hand, I have drawn exactly one gold Archer since I started playing. Hell, I got ANGRA MAINYU before I ever got Billy the Kid.

Same. My only gold archers are Emiya and Chloe. Welcome, friend.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What happened to your nobu

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Tae posted:

What happened to your nobu

Wait, I had a nobu? I missed out on the first guda run and didn't get anything but ChaCha from this last event.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The original Guda Guda event re-ran right before the Chacha/Hijikata event, which was when I got Nobu after missing her the first time

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I spent ~400 SQ chasing Ishtar NP 2 and got the second copy I wanted! In the process I also got:

Second Drake copy
Second Banana Oni copy
Second JK Fox
Second Rama copy
The worst Medusa (lancer)

I think I had pretty above average luck! I remember dumping about as much quartz on the Camelot banners and getting nothing. The game has been rather kind to me since then.

My roster is now so developed that I don't feel bad chasing after copies of my favorite servants. The Summer 2 banners aren't too appealing for me, so I'll probably save for Musashi and Ereshkigal.

Time to make some tough decisions about grails.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I forgot to clear out the store, oops.

At least I got all the 100 missions done.

Kild posted:

Dunno but its the 3rd lowest rank.

冠位(グランド Grand) > 色位(ブランド Brand)> 典位(プライド Pride)> 祭位(フェス Fes) > 開位(コーズ Cause) > 長子(カウント Count)> 末子(フレーム Frame)

But we still outrank Rin!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hit 62 missions then focused on Octo Crystal/Feather/Point farming because my team is suboptimal and I had to use my Command Seals to get through Passionlip.
And I only had 4 days after beating Goetia
Since I started the event at the beginning of London I'm amazed I got there at all.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

The original Guda Guda event re-ran right before the Chacha/Hijikata event, which was when I got Nobu after missing her the first time

Ah. I was stuck in a month-long training exercise for that one. No cell phones because 'the enemy'.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

hell, same

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

the_steve posted:

Like Cause.

It's basically your rank as a Magus, because you saved the world but also you kinda suck rear end at doing magic so they just give you rank 5, which means you're average at magic

If you're asking what the etymology of the rank is the answer is nothing, just like ranks in real life

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Oh a gold Archer could it be-

oh I guess Atalante is cool too

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Oh a gold Archer could it be-

oh I guess Atalante is cool too

congrats on catalante

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Blade Runner posted:

It's basically your rank as a Magus, because you saved the world but also you kinda suck rear end at doing magic so they just give you rank 5, which means you're average at magic

If you're asking what the etymology of the rank is the answer is nothing, just like ranks in real life

Without spoiling anything from later, isn't the only real skill you have at magic the ability to control more than one servant through some super huge mana pool or something?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Without spoiling anything from later, isn't the only real skill you have at magic the ability to control more than one servant through some super huge mana pool or something?

No that's just charisma at work in being able to get pretty much any Servant you come across to work with you and do it well. The Chaldea systems, to my knowledge, are what supply the mana.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Chaldea system allows multiple servants of that volume to exist, but it's still takes some mana from gudako. Some servants like Valkyrie reference that they prefer doing mental check-ins because existing as three different bodies strains us.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gudako is the weakest magus but also the strongest due to share charisma and nerve. Also canonically the strongest if you take every interlude into account. Even without interludes we beat Goetia to death with Mash's shield

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Guda can't actually even support one servant by himself, his Mana pool is absolutely pitiful. It's made very clear that he wouldn't be able to last long at all in an actual war. Chaldea supplies pretty much all the Mana to the servants, he just acts as an anchor.

Not to spoil, but it does come up later that you get stuck without help and have to figure out a servant on your own, and you only manage because the servant you get can basically pull a Medea and just totally support himself.

e: As for him being strongest with interludes, nah. That's Lorelei if you don't count Extra, and Hakuno if you let wizards into it; Moon Gil alone can kill every single thing in Chaldea in an afternoon, the Regalia is nonsense levels of strong, and he can't burn out so his supply of Mana is technically infinite.

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 16, 2019

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah but gudako is badass and guda is a wimp

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Aurora posted:

yeah but gudako is badass and guda is a wimp

I mean I guess but Hakunon beats way stronger villains with way less support, so

Moon wins again

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hakunon rules too

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

We are almost utterly incapable of using magic but we have decent mana reserves and the ability to change gender at will, while keeping up with mana transfers a RATHER athletic body by the end of part one due to America, Camelot, and training with Leo in Babylonia. We are functionally only as capable as the Fate/Extra protag in that we can only cast magic pre-made in Mystic Codes and aren't even particularly good at that -at least thats how I interpret our inability to cast any ability faster then like 12 turns and start out using them very poorly before getting used to them-. Our main strength is a compatibility with LITERALLY ANYONE, it seems not incredibly unlikely that given enough time and a psychiatrist office we could have turned ANY of the Beasts to our side since even our enemies fall over themselves to help us after we beat them. At least some people have debated that we weren't all that different from the part 1 boss because our way of speaking dramatically shifts based on who we are around as we adapt to the people around us, sometimes making us basically punch drunk other times intellectual and sometimes we shatter the fourth wall but I blame Nobu for that, Okita agrees with me.

.....As another thing I recalled actually. We are stated to have vastly above average tactical ability to control our servants together with good commands. Some of this could be stated to also come from the vast number of historical personages we've meet with and learned from though. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to know that canonically Waver is giving us lessons when we aren't actively in the field as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010