Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Oh, turns out some congressional republicans were also obstructing justice for Trump. Look at how shocked I am. :geno:

But it's not like there's actual recordings or anything...

:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Is this the Roger Stone trial lawyer? Is this just for her personal review, or is this going to be public?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Aw poo poo are we gonna have a :getin: moment today?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Aw poo poo are we gonna have a :getin: moment today?

Probably not today, they have until the end of the month to turn them over

But it is funny to guess who was dumb enough to leave a voice mail trying to suborn perjury

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Is this the Roger Stone trial lawyer? Is this just for her personal review, or is this going to be public?

They don't call it the "public docket" because it's private.

(The audio recordings aren't going to be public immediately, but if there's transcripts then the audio is going to be made available pretty soon afterward.)

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Pembroke Fuse posted:

No, I guess I haven't. Didn't know that SA gamergoons are also as poo poo as gamers are everywhere else.

It's really not that bad. Heck, most of the time Games is better than D&D, but like D&d it has a few poo poo posters and drive-by supremacists too.

VideoGameVet posted:

Want Some Rye?

(technical producer on that one)

Why even bother asking? Course you do!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 16, 2019

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I keep forgetting exactly how ancient you are :3:

My first published game shipped on CASSETTE TAPE.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

I genuinely don't get why Trump rolled this out. He's already at low approval in immigration and it's not like he's gonna go LESS nationalist any time soon. Why put out a plan that reminds everyone who dislikes you about how you suck rear end on the issue while not even throwing meat to the base.

The only people who matter in politics consider illegal immigration on par with murder.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1129002361169620992

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

The Glumslinger posted:

But it is funny to guess who was dumb enough to leave a voice mail trying to suborn perjury
I mean, is there anyone who doesn’t think it was Nunes?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

alot of the bigger ones will quietly threaten to pull support and drop less money. its the bathroom hell bill poo poo show but even bigger.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

She is a part of the media influence machine that has engaged with voters to elect representatives that enacted this poo poo. gently caress her.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Grinning like a fool because this will be fun.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It always comes down to tapes

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/narpic/status/1127371519359901696

https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1129128808894861319

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Roger Stone and Q are going to release the Seth Rich tapes.

edit: lmao I wrote the above directly prior to clicking the story. colossal brain giants.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

I’d imagine it’s one of the spun off investigations. If it were someone other than the president they’d probably be charged.

Please let it be a recording of Trump trying to threaten or bribe Flynn. Too bad he’s a coward poo poo and would never do it himself.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/rulajebreal/status/1129146533029588992

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Orb is hungry. It demands blood.

One Nut Wonder
Mar 17, 2009
So I'm still trying to wrap my head around the GA abortion bill. You go to a state where abortion is legal, and GA charges you with a crime. But the act was not committed in GA, it was another state. How can you one state charge you for a state crime that wasn't a crime where you did it?

Let's apply this principle to other offenses. I live in Illinois, the maximum speed limit here us 70. I drove to Indianapolis once, and one highway was 75. So by GA's logic, an IL state trooper could give me a ticket when I get back home because I broke the IL speed limit, even though I was in Indiana.

Or I could go to a legal brothel in NV, and when I get back I'm slapped with soliciting prostitution.

I know this is just a stunt to get Roe v Wade overturned, but this goes against every State's Rights principle ever. I'm not a lawyer, but isn't prosecuting people for a legal act committed outside of their jurisdiction not a thing? Abortion is not a federal crime, so crossing state lines wouldn't work. Maybe conspiracy to commit murder? Bit the act was legal to committed where they did it. Can I be charged with conspiracy to speed if I go to Indiana just so I can legally drive 75?

I'm twisting my brain into knots trying to use logic on an illogical situation. Oh well, gonna contact my Rep to insist that he and the other Democrats just keep hammering away at Trump.

If you told me 10 years ago that this would be our reality, I would've recommended psychiatric help.

:lol: :psypop: at this timeline.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/1129158920499605504

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Am I cynical in thinking that the bill Sanders and AOC introduced that caps credit card interest rates at 15 percent is a subtle move against Biden?

side_burned fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 17, 2019

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

side_burned posted:

Am I cynical in think that the bill Sanders and AOC introduced that caps credit card interest rates at 15 percent is a subtle move against Biden?

It’s an interesting theory, but when was the last time any politician took a subtle dig at their opponent?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Didn't Tomi get her face eaten by the leopards for stepping out of line on abortion a while back?

I mean, she ended up at Fox of course, but at least I don't see her horrible racist videos going viral on social media anymore.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

One Nut Wonder posted:

So I'm still trying to wrap my head around the GA abortion bill. You go to a state where abortion is legal, and GA charges you with a crime. But the act was not committed in GA, it was another state. How can you one state charge you for a state crime that wasn't a crime where you did it?

I think technically what they'd be charging you with was leaving Georgia with intent to commit an abortion, so the actual act "leaving Georgia with intent" occurs in the state of Georgia.

It's something that kinda has to be possible, otherwise you couldn't prosecute, say, an adult who takes a 15-year-old to Thailand or wherever to molest them.

E: in case I sound like I'm defending it, Georgia's law is horrible because it criminalizes something that shouldn't be a crime at all, but states and countries kinda have to have the power to do something about their residents skirting the law by hopping state or national borders

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Silver Nitrate posted:

That chemical safety thing at the ATF looks neat

What's wrong with bounce castles? You got something against them? :colbert:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Acting all high and mighty about how the left is behaving, while loving a president that behaves like 5-year-old.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Wtf, is precedents in charging inmates for being jail?

That is terrifying.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

side_burned posted:

That is terrifying.

There's precedent for assessing fines for being in contempt of court.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

side_burned posted:

That is terrifying.

They're not, they're fining her for refusing to follow a subpoena. House Dems have been discussing doing the same thing to Trump officials who ignore their subpoenas

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bibi just yesterday was going “whoah now hold up”

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Sorry. I like the Murphy/Schatz twitter bromance...

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1129175077382250497

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1129128319503470598?s=19

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

For a long time, I thought that was an Onion article, not Clickhole.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lycus posted:

For a long time, I thought that was an Onion article, not Clickhole.

You do know who runs Clickhole right?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

(i kid)

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Well she should testify. Why is she above the law?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ogmius815 posted:

Well she should testify. Why is she above the law?

She said she would testify but not behind closed doors because you cant trust Republicans.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Never cared enough to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Furnaceface posted:

She said she would testify but not behind closed doors because you cant trust Republicans.

Yeah but you see that isn’t how grand juries work.