Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/babaisyou_/status/1128432369965387776?s=21

:sadfan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

tudabee posted:

I have decided to start adding cool and good fanworks to the OP because I feel like it, starting with this.

everyone post more good baba things thank you

Hempuli does a good job of retweeting stuff that people send him because he's a cool dude
https://twitter.com/babaisyou_

https://twitter.com/necrocrunked/status/1123872578530086913

https://twitter.com/jsketch12/status/1124191211458318336

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Maybe I'm overthinking it, or missing something obvious, but I am really, really stuck on Chasm C - Elusive Condition. It seems like it plays out like a sliding tile puzzle where I have no way of telling if I have too many or too few pieces, or if they're in the right starting position. I have no idea how the gently caress I'm supposed to do this. Is there more to it than just scooting ALL IS or HAND IS over to WIN with the screen mostly full of hands? I feel like there has to be something I can do with EMPTY besides commit suicide.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 16, 2019

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Rollersnake posted:

Maybe I'm overthinking it, or missing something obvious, but I am really, really stuck on Chasm C - Elusive Condition. It seems like it plays out like a sliding tile puzzle where I have no way of telling if I have too many or too few pieces, or if they're in the right starting position. I have no idea how the gently caress I'm supposed to do this. Is there more to it than just scooting ALL IS or HAND IS over to WIN with the screen mostly full of hands? I feel like there has to be something I can do with EMPTY besides commit suicide.

Here’s something you already know, but probably isn’t at the forefront of your mind: When two rules contradict each other, the older one takes precedence.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Aha, thanks, got it. Didn't think HAND IS HAND would have overridden ALL IS EMPTY.

I apparently have this thing where I hate certain types of puzzles so much that if I see something that could be that type of puzzle, it MUST be that type of puzzle and I hate it and it's impossible.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/babaisyou_/status/1128798316991590400?s=19

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Is there any official BABA merch I can buy?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Is there any official BABA merch I can buy?

Probably eventually! Since I'm the only person responsible for arranging this stuff, I decided not to add workload by considering merchandise before or immediately after release. I've been getting more into that now that the initial more stressful release phase has ended.

Ariong posted:

How Hand Is Hand works

To clarify this a bit - there're never situations where the order in which the rules were formed would affect the outcome, time- or alphabet-wise. Stating X Is X always overrides other rules of similar nature, and stating X Is Not Y always overrides the statement X Is Y. I guess you could say that prohibitive rules take precedence over non-prohibitive rules.

Hempuli fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 17, 2019

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hempuli posted:

Probably eventually! Since I'm the only person responsible for arranging this stuff, I decided not to add workload by considering merchandise before or immediately after release. I've been getting more into that now that the initial more stressful release phase has ended.

Take your time, friendo! I just want a cool Baba shirt straight from the source, so people can be all I LOVE BABA and I can tell people to give you money.

BABA IS THEFRIENDSWEMADEALONGTHEWAY

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hempuli posted:

Still hoping for that fridge magnet set.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
plush babas

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

plush babas

Plush YOUs

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

flatluigi posted:

plush babas

US Cover variant

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
BABA IS HUGGABLE

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i am so bad at this game but i have thought about this tweet like 5 times today. so good. just completely nails it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Missing the five-dot secret world in the ??? world. Hints please

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Missing the five-dot secret world in the ??? world. Hints please

You might want to just come back to this one later.

Progressive hints:
Have you beaten every other level you've unlocked in the ??? world?
Are you sure?
Look again. Is there a normal level which still has the thick "not solved" border around it? Or a transformed level that doesn't have its "solved" border?
Answer: You need to WIN Depths.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

You might want to just come back to this one later.

Progressive hints:
Have you beaten every other level you've unlocked in the ??? world?
Are you sure?
Look again. Is there a normal level which still has the thick "not solved" border around it? Or a transformed level that doesn't have its "solved" border?
Answer: You need to WIN Depths.

Ah, makes sense, thanks.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

flatluigi posted:

plush babas

yes i'll take five

Takoluka posted:

US Cover variant

these too

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
??? World :allears:

1 & 2: I adored these levels, but it would have been hilarious if you could use the letters to generate objects or conditions that don't otherwise exist in the game. MOLE, VOLE, COW, etc. Also, I'm calling it now—there's going to be another similar level that says "VELLCOME" and you need to spell LEVEL in order to get Baba on the map.

4 - Mean Fence: Am I looking for some kind of weird meta solution here? I can't figure out any way to get through here without Baba facing a wall, and there's not much to experiment with.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Rollersnake posted:

4 - Mean Fence: Am I looking for some kind of weird meta solution here? I can't figure out any way to get through here without Baba facing a wall, and there's not much to experiment with.

Nope, it’s actually quite straightforward. Here are a few hints.

Take a moment to consider the rule. BABA FACING WALL IS EMPTY means that when baba is in a space adjacent to a wall, and pointing in the direction of that wall, then baba becomes empty. So, consider the ramifications of that.

If you need a more specific hint, note that baba can only be “facing” a wall if baba is directly adjacent to the wall. If baba is not directly adjacent to the wall, then baba is not facing the wall.

So as long as baba is not 1 block away from the wall, there is no problem. Baba could be 3 blocks away, or 2...

...or zero.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

The solution to Forest - Dead End caused me to burst out laughing when I figured it out. "Box is not not push", you son of a bitch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Priority Lane is going to kill me.

e: Made progress. I think that if I can push the upwards belt up, I can set it to SHIFT and PUSH to move the water on top of the skull rule. I can also get on top/behind the belt without it losing SHIFT, but I can't figure out how to make it PUSH once I'm on the other side. Plus, this idea will only work if SINK, SHIFT, and PUSH all interact the way I want them to.

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 21, 2019

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Hey "Text is float" with win in the middle of a puddle.
Go gently caress yourself!

On the other hand box has box, box is you is genius :kimchi:.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Arrhythmia posted:

Priority Lane is going to kill me.

e: Made progress. I think that if I can push the upwards belt up, I can set it to SHIFT and PUSH to move the water on top of the skull rule. I can also get on top/behind the belt without it losing SHIFT, but I can't figure out how to make it PUSH once I'm on the other side. Plus, this idea will only work if SINK, SHIFT, and PUSH all interact the way I want them to.

You're way overthinking it.
Small hint: SKULL IS NOT BELT.
Bigger: What makes something a priority lane?

\/\/\/\/ absolutely the correct response to solving this one

Coco13 fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 22, 2019

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Coco13 posted:

You're way overthinking it.
Small hint: SKULL IS NOT BELT.
Bigger: What makes something a priority lane?

Oh gently caress me

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
200 Dandelions :toot:

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Can someone explain what's going on in Relaxing Spot?

Does TEXT ON ROCK IS KEKE, with the rock on one of the first two words, create 2 Kekes or one? Because using what I thought were 2 overlapping Kekes, both get destroyed by the first water trap.

So either only one Keke is generated, or water destroys both? I went "huh?" when I looked up the proper solution until I realised TEXT IS FLOAT is in play.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Two Owls posted:

Can someone explain what's going on in Relaxing Spot?

Does TEXT ON ROCK IS KEKE, with the rock on one of the first two words, create 2 Kekes or one? Because using what I thought were 2 overlapping Kekes, both get destroyed by the first water trap.

So either only one Keke is generated, or water destroys both? I went "huh?" when I looked up the proper solution until I realised TEXT IS FLOAT is in play.

It makes one Keke, turning the text into ROCK IS KEKE, which will make a second Keke the next turn. I think pushing the stack of two Kekes into water will kill both, though?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
SINK destroys every object being pushed into it, then removes the object that is SINK. SHUT will only consume one overlapped OPEN object.

Hmm, I wonder what happens if you push more than one type of overlapped OPEN object into a SHUT? Does it consume a random one, or is there a stack order? Or an object type priority?(that would be worse than random priority imo)

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 22, 2019

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

McFrugal posted:

SINK destroys every object being pushed into it, then removes the object that is SINK. SHUT will only consume one overlapped OPEN object.

Hmm, I wonder what happens if you push more than one type of overlapped OPEN object into a SHUT? Does it consume a random one, or is there a stack order? Or an object type priority?(that would be worse than random priority imo)

Random one; Sink used to only destroy one object but it was changed precisely to avoid arbitrary priority. With Shut & Open, the idea of a stack of keys all being used when opening a single door felt too unpleasant so I kept the in-other-ways unpleasant arbitrary priority potential.

Regarding relaxing spot: I'm not super happy that Text On Rock Is Keke essentially creates a double-conversion, first with On -> Keke and then with Rock -> Keke, and I actually tried to prevent this from happening during development. For reasons this ended up creating more problems than it would've solved so nevermind. I guess it kind of makes sense as it is now.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Found even more levels :catstare:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Not only can I not figure out the mountain stage Floatiest Platforms, either I forgot how I did Floaty Platforms or never understood how I did it to begin with, because I went back to it and can't beat it now despite having done it before. :psyduck:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Rollersnake posted:

Not only can I not figure out the mountain stage Floatiest Platforms, either I forgot how I did Floaty Platforms or never understood how I did it to begin with, because I went back to it and can't beat it now despite having done it before. :psyduck:

Well, good news: Knowing how to solve Floaty Platforms won't help you solve Floatiest Platforms.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I solved the relevant puzzle anyway but why isn't "X On Y IS Win" an automatic win when X goes onto Y? It only is if Z is You as well, which I wouldn't think would be relevant.

Also I had some friends over and blew their minds with Baba Is You And Empty Is Baba then blew them again when I just made Empty Is You

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I solved the relevant puzzle anyway but why isn't "X On Y IS Win" an automatic win when X goes onto Y? It only is if Z is You as well, which I wouldn't think would be relevant.

The same reason that "X IS WIN" isn't an automatic win.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RBA Starblade posted:

Also I had some friends over and blew their minds with Baba Is You And Empty Is Baba then blew them again when I just made Empty Is You

If Flag on Water is Win, you still have to touch Flag.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

RBA Starblade posted:

X IS WIN means that when an object that is you occupies the same space as X, then the level is completed. X ON Y IS (PROPERTY) means that X has a given property, but only when it is occupying the same space as Y. Therefore, X ON Y IS WIN means that as long as X is occupying the same space as Y, then if an object which is you is also occupying that space, the level is completed. In simpler terms, X and Y in the same spot is the finish line, but you still have to cross it.

Beaten, but I hope this thorough explanation helped you understand.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks yall, I guess I thought On did more than it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Late game level spoiler: Return of Scenic Pond is a betrayal of my trust Hempuli.