Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Oxyclean posted:

Valve just trademarked something called "Dota Underlords" and while dota is not very relevant to the guys, the word "Underlords" feels very Pat and Woolie.

Reminds me of Basement Kings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Andrast posted:

Some of the best parts of dragon ball are after the original manga ended though.

The Super anime is a significant improvement over DBZ since it's written for a tv show first.

Edit - lol @ Mel running off to tbb to whine about this thread. Truly a valued poster in this thread and not a bad faith poo poo stirrer.

Roth fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 15, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

scary ghost dog posted:

one piece bounty system is the best. number just represents how abstractly dangerous the government considers character, and number can be skewed, manipulated or outright erased, so it can always potentially not matter

Are you telling me God Usopp is not one of the most powerful characters in all of One Piece

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Captain Baal posted:

Are you telling me God Usopp is not one of the most powerful characters in all of One Piece

If anything, God Usopp's bounty is way too low.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Finally listened to the pod and Woolie's talking about how bad GoT's ending is getting is funny because it's sounds like a repeat of Homestuck's ending, down to the year+ wait time for the final part and it lovely every pair of pants it had all at once.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think the most they have in common is that they are disappointing and come after a long break, one feels incomplete and rushed, a product of burnout, the other one is just terrible writing, like a fanfic replaced the whole thing.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dias posted:

I think the most they have in common is that they are disappointing and come after a long break, one feels incomplete and rushed, a product of burnout, the other one is just terrible writing, like a fanfic replaced the whole thing.

Which one is which? Guess correctly and you'll win a neeew car! :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Deleter posted:

Which one is which? Guess correctly and you'll win a neeew car! :v:

I mean, GoT is definitely not a product of burnout (unless we're counting financial burnout) and thematically Homestuck's ending is consistent, it's just...barely an ending. Most people wanted more out of Homestuck, while they legit DON'T want anything that's happening in GoT.

They do have one more thing in common tho, they're both fruits of their creator writing himself into a cul-de-sac and having no idea how to get out of it. Also random horse outta nowhere.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Apparently the Epic games store is having a big ol' sale, and Pat got blocked from making purchases presumably because he bought a bunch of things back to back. (For the EGS has no shopping cart.)

Dias posted:

Also random horse outta nowhere.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Oxyclean posted:

Apparently the Epic games store is having a big ol' sale, and Pat got blocked from making purchases presumably because he bought a bunch of things back to back. (For the EGS has no shopping cart.)

lol egs

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Oxyclean posted:

Is that Ganon horse seig heiling?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is that Ganon horse seig heiling?

sieg hellion

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If a horse were to sieg heil in Germany would immediately be shot?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Oxyclean posted:

They got back to him half an hour after he asked what the gently caress, but yeah, that's embarrassing.

Man, the Epic Game Store is gonna be a big botch in a few months. I cannot see this thing actually pushing through and surviving itself. It's a storefront, sure, so growing pains and all, but it just has these growing pains clashing with, pardon my sbfp-ese, egregious money throwing by Epic that cannot possibly sustain working through these growing pains.

You got this big sale, people end up getting a frustrating experience because the store isn't really ready. Publishers are getting their big paychecks for exclusivity and some will end up taking the big big one when the EGS doesn't deliver the numbers and thus activate the secondary paycheck clause. It's impossible that the investment will reach the consumerbase numbers needed to make it work in the longrun.

I find it more interesting than evil, because i'm the casual PC gamer that they want. I look at the lovely store and don't care much, I look at how they try to butter me up with free games bi-weekly (always wanted to get The Witness, now I just own it), Hades for 7 bucks, and gently caress yeah, churn that butter, Epic, I'm sure your well is going to dry up and I won't have any real loyalty to your brand, but until that well dries up I'm not saying no to what you're doing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Does the store STILL have no cart system

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tae posted:

Does the store STILL have no cart system

It's coming. In like half a year.

https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They got back to him half an hour after he asked what the gently caress, but yeah, that's embarrassing.

Man, the Epic Game Store is gonna be a big botch in a few months. I cannot see this thing actually pushing through and surviving itself. It's a storefront, sure, so growing pains and all, but it just has these growing pains clashing with, pardon my sbfp-ese, egregious money throwing by Epic that cannot possibly sustain working through these growing pains.

You got this big sale, people end up getting a frustrating experience because the store isn't really ready. Publishers are getting their big paychecks for exclusivity and some will end up taking the big big one when the EGS doesn't deliver the numbers and thus activate the secondary paycheck clause. It's impossible that the investment will reach the consumerbase numbers needed to make it work in the longrun.

I find it more interesting than evil, because i'm the casual PC gamer that they want. I look at the lovely store and don't care much, I look at how they try to butter me up with free games bi-weekly (always wanted to get The Witness, now I just own it), Hades for 7 bucks, and gently caress yeah, churn that butter, Epic, I'm sure your well is going to dry up and I won't have any real loyalty to your brand, but until that well dries up I'm not saying no to what you're doing.

I forsee the Epic store ending up like Origin. Not actually well liked at all, but trudges along in Steam's shadow because of exclusives and running out of controversies for people to get mad about.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Let's not forget that Paradox took Vampire the Masquerade off sale because by the EGS store's own admission they put it on sale without telling them/the price dropped way too low for them in some regions.

The same thing apparently happened with Hades which supergiant upped the price of the game because $7 was too cheap.

Also you cannot buy The Division 2 or Anno 1800 on the store right now because they hosed up how they integrated into it (the game downloads and installs an EGS version and a uplay version and the EGS version just launches the uplay version anyway. So game takes up twice the amount of space as normal.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Grouchio posted:

If a horse were to sieg heil in Germany would immediately be shot?
Poor Apples, thought of fascism and died.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MagusDraco posted:

Let's not forget that Paradox took Vampire the Masquerade off sale because by the EGS store's own admission they put it on sale without telling them/the price dropped way too low for them in some regions.

The same thing apparently happened with Hades which supergiant upped the price of the game because $7 was too cheap.

Also you cannot buy The Division 2 or Anno 1800 on the store right now because they hosed up how they integrated into it (the game downloads and installs an EGS version and a uplay version and the EGS version just launches the uplay version anyway. So game takes up twice the amount of space as normal.

I'm all for steam having some legitimate competition, but There's Got To Be A Better Way

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Idk what you mean, steam still has no competition.

some imitators sure, but no competition

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Why does everyone forget about GOG in these discussions?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MagusDraco posted:

Christ thats bad and stupid.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Neo_Crimson posted:

Why does everyone forget about GOG in these discussions?

GOG is good

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
gog doesn't get any respect because it's called gog

lol gog

The store seems okay. I tried checking out the Epic Sale but no regional pricing so that ain't gonna happen.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I doubt the number of games sold on gog is even 1% of steam's numbers

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dias posted:

gog doesn't get any respect because it's called gog

lol gog

The store seems okay. I tried checking out the Epic Sale but no regional pricing so that ain't gonna happen.

Good Old Games

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, this is gonna be dumb, but for the past few years, whenever E3 starts getting real close, I get pretty excited and end up watching youtubers reactions to E3 stuff, mainly SBFP. It's gonna be strange this year with the breakup. Even stranger because by last E3, I still thought that Pat and Liam were at least on somewhat decent terms.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Woolie and Liam (and Liam and Matt) are still on good terms so maybe they'll bunch up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
certain things I went hard on reaction videos. the 2017 breath of the wild trailer with that loving music, where they revealed the story/voice acting etc, there were some choice react videos for that. some typical hams overacting like they do of course, but also some serious zelda fans just going absolutely nuts.

the smash directs with the everyone is here/ridley/k rool reveals were good react fodder too. I recall seeing one with a wide variety of kids watching from a teenager to an elementary schooler and one of the little kids said snake was their favorite smash bros character :3:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Woolie and Liam (and Liam and Matt) are still on good terms so maybe they'll bunch up.

some real divorcee child energy in that post

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Everybody hates Pat

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat and Woolie might do an E3 Thing, Liam always does reaction videos anyway. If the former happens, and considering how much energy Matt had for those things, it's almost like the good ol' days.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I think the safe bet is they'll all just do reaction videos on their streams except Matt since he barely does that kinda thing. I'll hope for a team-up of some sort but I'm not holding my breath.

I usually just watch e3 stuff on my own and if there's any standouts I'll go find the reactions to it. The first FF7 remake announcement followed shortly by Shenmue 3 is a pretty good one, so is MHW, DMC5, and REmake2. Pretty much any game that wasn't expected at all and has crazy fans will have great reaction videos where people flip out. It's also pretty fun to watch people find out wtf Devolver Digital's show is like.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Also there's always MaxDood.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Max is gonna be my go to this year, yeah. And yeah, I expect Pat, Woolie and Liam to do solo streams, at most Woolie or Matt might drop by someone else's stream for one conference.
Matt deffo would only go to Liam's for Xbox (If the Nintendo one was in the afternoon he could be bothered to care) and not do anything else.

I like to watch the Nintendo and Devolver ones on my own, but everything else I like watching alongside some personalities giving out their Hot Takes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Liam is my go to. He usually does deep dives about stuff before and after the stream which I like.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

Yeah I know right? God, the sheer amount of garbage Steam pours onto the storefront is just absurd.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

edit: whoops got threads mixed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

Liam is my go to. He usually does deep dives about stuff before and after the stream which I like.

He's also a generally mellow and chill dude, so his streams have a very relaxing vibe to me.