Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Amarcarts posted:

Now that I think about it the bells are a pretty good trigger for her anger because they would have been ringing back in the day when her whole extended family died and she had to leave her home forever.

Here's a crazy thought: have her get a visual image of people cheering when they dragged her fathers corpse through the street.

She probably wouldn't remember anything from that day, but the audience is smart enough to understand that she imagines all these people were complicit in her family's massacre.

Nah, we'll just have a shot of her being like, "Psych, I'm straight up Hollywood Hulk Hogan now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Ok that rules. Would have loved Pycell to have that angle and not just be a bubling dweeb.

Charles Dance is aweseom.

He did, it was just subtle. Note how Pycelle changes his behaviour at the end of the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xShGRL_ftpI

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ElGroucho posted:

Here's a crazy thought: have her get a visual image of people cheering when they dragged her fathers corpse through the street.

She probably wouldn't remember anything from that day, but the audience is smart enough to understand that she imagines all these people were complicit in her family's massacre.

Nah, we'll just have a shot of her being like, "Psych, I'm straight up Hollywood Hulk Hogan now"

She literally wasn't even there on that day, let alone old enough to remember being whisked away from Dragonstone.

But yeah if they'd played around w/ the idea that Dany has had these small memories of her last days in Westeros it could have been p neat, and given her something to do beyond have 0 chemistry with Jon since landing in Westeros. The characters are all aged up already so why not toy around with the idea that mb Dany would be old enough to remember. Or at least have her remember Viserys' stories.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Wasnt she born after the city already fell and at dragonstone?

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
all your lovely fanfiction is exactly that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you can oval office off posted:

all your lovely fanfiction is exactly that

such an angry young man

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I knew this one girl in community college who could just not stop lying. One time she was late for class and told us it was because these two guys approached her and said they needed a cute girl for a scavenger hunt so she jumped in their car and ended up at the university but they had to get to class themselves and weren't able to drive her back so she had to take buses all the way across town and that's why she was late to class.

GoT reminds me of this. Point A and Point B make sense, just the line between them is unfathomably stupid.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

esperterra posted:

afaik she is one of the actors who has read the books, so she shoulda known well ahead of time

holy poo poo she actuallyr ead the books?

source

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

You can have varys tell her about them ringing the bells in celebration after murdering mad king

Then you have Tyrion go, "ugh awkward but the cities surrender signal is to ring the bells, so if you hear it..."

Then she looks at the bells and at the castle and means something. But that requires planning and having thought put in.

Hell the bells were supposed to make the ARMY pull back to not rape and pillage. And she could barely agree to that. She can go apeshit on the actual red keep and win. But dnd have a big long explination about what shes thinking that they never put on the screen that seems to belong to a character that also has never been on the screen.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Salisbury Snape posted:

We need more tits this season. Holding out for a gangbang in episode 6

Hope this helps [NSFW]

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
They could've done anything. ANYTHING.

But they didn't.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
You didn't have you write me like you did, but you did, but you did

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Burns posted:

Wasnt she born after the city already fell and at dragonstone?

Yep. She was born after the sack of King's Landing, pretty much right before Ser Darry smuggled her and Viserys away.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Maybe it just needed the right score

https://youtu.be/HRginmFRTX8

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if Tywin had lived he would have turned into a moron like all the other smart characters. better to go out on the shitter than end up like that.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

If Bernie Sanders runs on a platform of getting D&D to rewrite seasons 5-8, he will absolutely win the presidency.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

uber_stoat posted:

if Tywin had lived he would have turned into a moron like all the other smart characters. better to go out on the shitter than end up like that.

Fair

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bombadilillo posted:

You can have varys tell her about them ringing the bells in celebration after murdering mad king

Then you have Tyrion go, "ugh awkward but the cities surrender signal is to ring the bells, so if you hear it..."

Then she looks at the bells and at the castle and means something. But that requires planning and having thought put in.

Hell the bells were supposed to make the ARMY pull back to not rape and pillage. And she could barely agree to that. She can go apeshit on the actual red keep and win. But dnd have a big long explination about what shes thinking that they never put on the screen that seems to belong to a character that also has never been on the screen.

She was a baby when that happened

Hard to have a PTSD freak out because of something that happened before you developed consciousness

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She was barely a fetus when that happened.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Laserface posted:

S08e05 patch release notes:
- dragon special attack buffed
- Aya Stark nerfed due to overwhelming community feedback after patch e03
- new Greyworm "bloodlust" ability.
- added new achievement for soldier class: "just following orders" - unlock by attacking/raping civilian NPCs after Greyworm has used bloodlust.
- scorpion crossbow changed to projectile type instead of hitscan. Air class players claimed it was OP.
- Jon snow now has friendly fire enabled

Known bugs
- brienne character missing from roster
- cutscene compression reverted to e03 version
- players using Jamie Lannister unable to enter games before the lobby closes

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

She was a baby when that happened

Hard to have a PTSD freak out because of something that happened before you developed consciousness

That's why I said have another character. Tell her the story. If only one of her advisors was there.

Hell, you have Jamie there. With her in winterfell for a while and captured. Have him retell his wildfire story and end with the presents cheering for his head. Then she might have a reason to be Mad at them

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 16, 2019

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
No matter what happens, all you can expect is GoT ending not with a bang, but a faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrtttt.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bombadilillo posted:

That's why I said have another character. Tell her the story. If only one of her advisors was there.

Hell, you have Jamie there. With her in winterfell for a while and captured. Have him retell his wildfire story and end with the presents cheering for his head. Then she might have a reason to be Mad at them

Viserys is supposed to have told her all sorts of stories, and I really wish the show would have her reflecting on those more like she does constantly in the books. Or spend some more time having her Westerosi people tell her the conflicting versions of the story. I feel like the last time anybody talked to her about Robert's Rebellion was back when Selmy told her that the 'lies' about Aerys being mad were all true, and she needs to tread lightly to not become enamoured with the same cruel brand of justice he employed and she already uses.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Re: Daenerys...

Remember too, she had been told throughout the series that "the throne was their birthright", "people will cheer when they see you there to liberate them", "they love you" and so on. So, she goes to the North to help the man she loves, and she gets almost no recognition, no thanks, no appreciation, and no understanding at the loss of one of her dragons,...her child. Not to mention the loss of the ONLY guy to have stuck with her from the beginning... Jorah, Ser Friendzone. Not to mention, Sansa is all Frozen Elsa in Winterfell, keeping the emotional coldness going.

At the victory party, after SuperArya offs the NK, everyone was cheering JON not her. Then, not only does she find out that her BF is not only a better heir to the throne than she is but instead of understanding her side of "STFU JON", he goes and blabs to his family, who then happen to mention it to Tyrion in passing. Then to make it worse, Jon turns his back on her cos he has like morals and stuff and doesn't want to sleep with his auntie.

So, yeah, she is all ok fine I'm going to have some alone time with MY dragons while you get to hoof it to KL, Jon. Then she gets her 2nd dragonchild offed by super discount Jack Sparrow and ends up losing her BFF/hairdresser as well. Plus, the 2nd advisor...Varys McBaldy is attempting to poison her and spread the word about Jons claim. So, she is down all the support in her life pretty much, and she has very little trust for Tyrion now so she is technically alone and brooding and going into a not good place. (I've been there, its not pretty.....I don't think I would go to her lengths but...yeah. Losing all your support is not good for your mental health.)

Then we get to the battle. Tyrion gets her to grudgingly agree to wait to see if the city rings the bells in surrender. She's not happy but agrees. The battle is won quickly, and as she sits there on her dragon, she hears the bells, and realizes that the city is hers. This isn't what she thought was supposed to happen...people were supposed to be grateful to her, be happy that she is there... be thrilled that she has saved them from the Evil Maleficent...er Cersei. But none of that happens, people are frightened of her, and she snaps and does what my mother used to say " I'll give you something to be scared about!!". She loses control and goes Hiroshima on the city.

TBH, I feel bad for her....she was lied to her whole life, and none of what she had been told would happen happened. She was still an abused lonely child in so many ways but a abused lonely child with power, and that's never good for anyone.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

No she doesnt get told that. Her brother told her that but Her advisors set her straight the whole series. Theres even a moment this season where someone mentions the people (Tyrion?) And she mocks "oh let me guess they are saying secret toasts to me" and he says they will learn to love you when you dont murder them all.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Bombadilillo posted:

No she doesnt get told that. Her brother told her that but Her advisors set her straight the whole series. Theres even a moment this season where someone mentions the people (Tyrion?) And she mocks "oh let me guess they are saying secret toasts to me" and he says they will learn to love you when you dont murder them all.

Wait Danaerys was.. crazy all along?

How did I miss that? :dudsmile:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

King Bran sounds like a cereal

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

if tywin had some king bran he wouldnt be making GBS threads in the middle of the night

eat king bran stay off the can

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

did anything actually happen in the last 10 pages

please stop posting so much this isnt tviv

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

yes the last episode was four hours ago

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

poverty goat posted:

did anything actually happen in the last 10 pages

please stop posting so much this isnt tviv

Enough insolence. Bend the meme

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Don't forget that in season 7 Dany's plan was "I'll go to King's Landing with three dragons and burn that poo poo down and the Unsullied and Dothraki will mop up the survivors" and Olenna Tyrell, Ellaria Sand, Yara Greyjoy, Grey Worm, and Missandei were like "gently caress yeah, that's rad" and Varys looked extremely concerned and Tyrion had to speak up with "WTF is wrong with you? You can't do that."

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

They cut that but not him doing slappy hands stretch dance.

oh my god lmao i forgot

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

IN THE BOOKS

everyone that sailed west of Westeros has never been seen again.

So who knows.

their planet is flat :(

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Has anyone sailed south? We got 2 continents that are cold on tip and hot at the bottom. So north hemisphere's

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

IN THE BOOKS

everyone that sailed west of Westeros has never been seen again.

So who knows.

Whatever is west must be pretty great if they all stay there.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Don't forget that in season 7 Dany's plan was "I'll go to King's Landing with three dragons and burn that poo poo down and the Unsullied and Dothraki will mop up the survivors" and Olenna Tyrell, Ellaria Sand, Yara Greyjoy, Grey Worm, and Missandei were like "gently caress yeah, that's rad" and Varys looked extremely concerned and Tyrion had to speak up with "WTF is wrong with you? You can't do that."

This was actually the best plan especially if she took out the Red Keep and all the associated Lannister leaders like Cersei.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Infinite Karma posted:

Whatever is west must be pretty great if they all stay there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNBjMRvOB5M

And it's not the medieval GRRM version of that either, if you sail west you hit literal Pet Shop Boys paradise.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Dany was born on the ship during the escape to whatever city it was in Essos, during a storm, hence the "Stormborn" moniker. Now just let me adjust my glasses

Also I wonder how much of the fan rage at Dany going nuts has to do with the fact that lots of show-watchers mess around on their phones so that they can live-tweet their very important REACTIONS instead of watching the whole episode, and then being upset and annoyed when they don't understand this or that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

ethanol posted:

King Bran sounds like a cereal

Your constipation will be but a memory