Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I apologize, that was a procedural vote to burn the clock to make sure every person is on the floor. It is believed the final vote will be unanimous Democrat

Im so sorry for loving this up

I'm not mad you were wrong, I'm mad that we can no longer trust you.

its cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I apologize, that was a procedural vote to burn the clock to make sure every person is on the floor. It is believed the final vote will be unanimous Democrat

Aha. Knew there had to be some reason for so many non-votes.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I wonder how long this will last?

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1129415885712711680

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the point is the guy who's going to abolish roe v. wade on the supreme court, who democrats voted to put there, OP

glad to be of help

I didn't realize this procedural vote was about the Supreme Court. No wait, it wasn't and you're just talking out your rear end. Glad to be of help.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He still thinks she melted her in emails in acid doesn't he?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Prester Jane posted:

This is because we weren't loyal enough to Democratic Leadership and we criticized them too harshly. In the future we should all remember this moment whenever we feel the urge to criticize right-wing Democrats.

We need to vote blue no matter who and we need to explain to everyone else that they need to vote blue no matter who- it's the only way we'll ever alter the trajectory of the country is currently on.

Trust that our wisened Elders know best how to lead the party; it's on us all to get out there and hit the streets and shout "Vote blue no matter who!" until our voices go hoarse.

Can you reconcile this, Prester?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Are you talking about how long the bans will last? NY still has a travel ban on North Carolina put in place three years ago so these bans can last awhile!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

skylined! posted:

Why do you care?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Pollyanna posted:

Why do you care?

Because eating crow when you're wrong is the price of admission for being incredibly smug

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Um no? It's basically a race to whoever offers the lowest subsidies. Film companies won't stay if theres better subsidies elsewhere.

Oklahoma's subsidy is 37%, afaik highest in the nation.

Lots of smaller productions end up there (it's mos def Kevin Sorbo territory), but the problem is infrastructure and vendors. There's no stage space whatsoever, and trucks/equipment have to come from places like Texas and Georgia.

As a result the higher budget projects don't bother. For example, American Gods wanted to shoot entirely in OK but just didn't have a stage to base out of.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

skylined! posted:

Are you implying that she is wrong in saying that transphobia is rampant in the left? Because that's almost impressively wrong.

Remember that TERFs are almost exclusively left leaning.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Angry_Ed posted:

"All bills must pass unanimously otherwise what's the point" :jerkbag:

EDIT: Also again, you can and should vote as left as possible in the primary but if you stay home because your pick didn't win the primary, and a republican wins because of it, then you haven't solved a drat thing.

If you give unfailing to support to leaders who demonstrate through their actions that they do not have your best interests at heart, then you're nothing but a chump.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

I didn't realize this procedural vote was about the Supreme Court. No wait, it wasn't and you're just talking out your rear end. Glad to be of help.

your reaction to seeing Democrats spit in your face being a reflexive "thank you sir may I have another" is demonstrative, imo. then it turned out whoops, wasn't actually a Democrat spitting in your face, and you're stuck trying to claim the people making fun of you for it are the ones who are owned.

seriously. the Democrats have made it clear to you that Roe Vs. Wade is not enough to make them try to fight for something. what is the point where you can bring yourself to acknowledge they might not be making the best decision at all times.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

If you give unfailing to support to leaders who demonstrate through their actions that they do not have your best interests at heart, then you're nothing but a chump.

How is it "unfailing support" to vote for the person who will be measurably better.

No one here gave Hillary Clinton their "unfailing support" when they voted for her in 2016. Why do you conflate "voting for" with "unwavering devotion to"?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Prester Jane posted:

I'm not the one who launched into a pulpit speech over a procedural vote, chump.

Also again, that's what primaries are for.

Edit: I'd rather vote for someone who makes things 1% better than stay home and contribute to letting someone 100% worse win. Accelerationism is privileged bullshit

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

How is it "unfailing support" to vote for the person who will be measurably better.

No one here gave Hillary Clinton their "unfailing support" when they voted for her in 2016. Why do you conflate "voting for" with "unwavering devotion to"?

The enablers of fascism are not better than the fascists themselves. Hope that helps.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

The enablers of fascism are not better than the fascists themselves. Hope that helps.

So because I tried to stop Donald Trump becoming President, I'm a fascist?

Help me, I'm very confused.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

I'm not the one who launched into a pulpit speech over a procedural vote, chump.

Also again, that's what primaries are for.

Edit: I'd rather vote for someone who makes things 1% better than stay home and contribute to letting someone 100% worse win. Accelerationism is privileged bullshit

you are, however, the one who decided that actually that many democrats backstabbing you was good, and cool, actually.

then it turned out they hadn't.

you reflexively knelt down to lick the boots of the person who'd just kicked you and then a bystander told you "that's a statue buddy"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

litany of gulps posted:

I remember not too long ago reading that he compulsively tears papers that he’s done reading into tiny bits. They had a bunch of people being paid to tape them back together for record keeping purposes.

He also eats some of them apparently :wtc:

I've always loved the idea of Trump frantically printing out thousands of emails and just trearing them up and eating them, because it sounds completely on the mark

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

I've always loved the idea of Trump frantically printing out thousands of emails and just trearing them up and eating them, because it sounds completely on the mark

it's a sign of dementia

also re: the current derail accusing your posting enemies of being fascist collaborationist bootlickers is super repetitive and boring

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

So he's literally Mac from that Always Sunny episode where Charlie invents the Kitten Mittens? :laffo:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

you are, however, the one who decided that actually that many democrats backstabbing you was good, and cool, actually.

then it turned out they hadn't.

you reflexively knelt down to lick the boots of the person who'd just kicked you and then a bystander told you "that's a statue buddy"

If it was a real bill vote and it would've passed why do the numbers matter. Also you all are really oddly obsessed with boots and the licking thereof.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

where the hell do you even pick up the idea of tearing a paper in half as a method of keeping track of what you've read.

Angry_Ed posted:

If it was a real bill vote and it would've passed why do the numbers matter. Also you all are really oddly obsessed with boots and the licking thereof.

luckily it wasn't the real vote but it looks really bad if almost half your side doesn't vote on a bill this important. how does it look to women or lgbqt people if you go "eh you all get hall passes it'll pass anyway".

it's the same kind of poo poo where obama was against gay marriage until the exact moment it ticked over into having majority support.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

where the hell do you even pick up the idea of tearing a paper in half as a method of keeping track of what you've read.

if it isn't creeping brain rot, he does it because he's bored in meetings where people are all blah blah national security blah blah blah trade policy blah blah

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's not about keeping track of what you read, its about destroying evidence. Trump does it instinctively at this point.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The Trumps frantically shredding email printouts as the FBI knocks on the door would be the perfect metaphor for this administration.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Piell posted:

It's not about keeping track of what you read, its about destroying evidence. Trump does it instinctively at this point.

when i initially read about it he'd just rip the page in half as a "marker" and wasn't making it totally unreadable.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Groovelord Neato posted:

vote blue no matter who!

Yes exactly. If you don’t vote the GOP will win and then the things you want passed will actually fail.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

The Trumps frantically shredding email printouts as the FBI knocks on the door would be the perfect metaphor for this administration.

what Trump thinks he's doing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uDQEZQjV9k

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'd add one thing--a giant laser printer in the corner printing the emails and the Trump boys running frantically to and from the printer to the shredder with armloads of paper. It'd just be the most Trump thing imaginable.

"This'll fix 'em, Eric! If we just shred these emails, no one will ever find out about the crimes!"

"AND I'M ERIC!"

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

because politics in a democracy is a question of numbers, op.

as an example, what was the number of Democratic votes for a Supreme Court Justice who would abolish Roe Vs. Wade.

perhaps your instinctive reaction to your representatives telling you "we do not want to do the thing you want us to do" should not be "welp, guess they know best," if you seek to have your views represented.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Angry_Ed posted:

Making your elected officials understand that if they do not represent your interests that there will be consequences and they will lose power is not accelerationism. Supporting your elected officials because they say calming words while they repeatedly stab you in the back is just being a chump.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Angry_Ed posted:

Also you all are really oddly obsessed with boots and the licking thereof.

Seriously did some podcast introduce people to the concept of boots lately or something? I get boot licker is a phrase but there has been a weird uptick in people using weird angry videogame nerd style compound insults that involve boots and it feels like people must be stealing them from a youtube or something since they all sound the same. Like one level of convoluted too many to be a sick burn.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ewiley posted:

"looking into overreach at the FBI" would be so welcome if it weren't being done for such disingenuous reasons and in such bad faith.

I would love if some of the FBI said "gently caress this idiot" and started leaking poo poo about Barr to the press like a siv.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
So if Georgia can prosecute you for having an abortion outside state lines, does that include anyone? Like if I were a woman, had an abortion, and left New England to go to move down there? Prosecutable? If I'm a college student down there? If I'm passing through? Do they have some criteria for deciding who is a Georgian? Is it residence? It just gets worse the more you think about it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

as an example, what was the number of Democratic votes for a Supreme Court Justice who would abolish Roe Vs. Wade.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Grape posted:

So if Georgia can prosecute you for having an abortion outside state lines, does that include anyone? Like if I were a woman, had an abortion, and left New England to go to move down there? Prosecutable? If I'm a college student down there? If I'm passing through? Do they have some criteria for deciding who is a Georgian? Is it residence? It just gets worse the more you think about it.

:eng101: This is why the law is ludicrously unenforceable

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Seriously did some podcast introduce people to the concept of boots lately or something? I get boot licker is a phrase but there has been a weird uptick in people using weird angry videogame nerd style compound insults that involve boots and it feels like people must be stealing them from a youtube or something since they all sound the same. Like one level of convoluted too many to be a sick burn.

There's another reasonable conclusion that you could draw from the fact that you keep having accusations of being a bootlicker leveled your way from a wide variety of sources.

Just some food for thought :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grape posted:

It will be exciting to discover this through the courts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

Yes exactly. If you don’t vote the GOP will win and then the things you want passed will actually fail.

remember: representatives demanding unconditional fealty from voters is sensible strategy.
voters demanding fealty from their representatives, by comparison, is Purity Testing, and we will have none of that here.