Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Just got back from getting paints and there are FIVE copies of Looncurse on the shelf priced 20% under retail. Wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

EdsTeioh posted:

Just got back from getting paints and there are FIVE copies of Looncurse on the shelf priced 20% under retail. Wild.

Buy them all, put them on ebay for double retail, you'll sell them all in a week

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Plavski posted:

Buy them all, put them on ebay for double retail, you'll sell them all in a week

My bad; it’s only 10% (most everything else is 15-20 off) but still.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/13/forbidden-power-unboxedgw-homepage-post-1/

quote:

Or perhaps you’ll field the Legion of Grief – a new Legion of Nagash led by Lady Olynder herself who allow you to combine the terrifying might of the Nighthaunt’s full roster with Bravery-manipulating game mechanics, gravesites and more…

:holy:

Asmodai_00 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 13, 2019

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Huh, this seems pretty interesting. So they are creating two new "armies" composed entirely of existing models? I kind of like the idea, at least insofar as it would probably help some of the smaller allegiances have more to work with than the limited models currently at their disposal.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Seems in line with the city rules from the campaign boxset.

He’s probably an endless spell but it’d be great if Lauchon the Soul Seeker was a new undead hero unit.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seems like they're finally rolling Nighthaunt into Legions of Nagash properly, which is good, and also validating my choice of having both Stormcast and Idoneth at the same time. Now to ad Kharadron and Fyreslayer start collecitng sets... :homebrew:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I have both nighthaunt and LoN armies but lean more toward LoN and the two armies are just different enough in unit composition to be frustrating. I am excited.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Have GW given an idea of when Contrast paints will be available

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Solemn Sloth posted:

Have GW given an idea of when Contrast paints will be available

Next month I believe.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
"June" is all they've said.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm eager to see how they work on my Daughters of Khaine.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Buying all the flesh ones so I can finally finish my idoneth

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/14/forbidden-power-the-lore/

quote:

What would be in store for the Mortal Realms if, say, the great and ancient evil trapped on the shores of Lake Lethis was unleashed?

The cool rear end boat spell was revealed in the video; it can be set up near a unit then teleports that unit somewhere else on the board, but costs a 'toll' of a slain model from that unit.

:drac:

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Warcry.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I like that scenery, looks like it will blend in with the Azyrite stuff pretty well. I've not been grabbed by any of the warbands except maybe the snake boys and the iron lads.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

The Deleter posted:

I've not been grabbed by any of the warbands except maybe the snake boys and the iron lads.

There's only been 3 previewed so far, so 2/3 ain't bad!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Ha, when you put it like that, you're right. Anyone know which ones are in the box yet?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/15/forbidden-power-preview-the-endless-spellsgw-homepage-post-1/

gently caress, these are so cool.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Is that malign sorcery box set a good value? Can I use all that with seraphon?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Is that malign sorcery box set a good value? Can I use all that with seraphon?

Everything in there is generic and any army can use it.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

The Chronomatic Cogs in particular are auto-include if you use a Slann.

As far as value goes, I got the box on sale for like $50 and am pretty happy with it. The book has some cool lore and battle plans in it, and the models themselves are not super great quality but are fun to paint and look good on the tabletop.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

I will buy those toys! Thanks.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I simply bought the Cogs of ebay for $19.79.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 15, 2019

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

dexefiend posted:

I simply bought the Cogs of ebay for $19.79.

I will NOT buy those toys, thanks!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Do you reckon GW gets frustrated that their "starter boxes" just get picked up by people already in the hobby on day one and then chopped down and sold to other people that are already in the hobby? I guess the basic ones are always available but Looncurse going immediately seems to defeat the point of it existing. Or is it just to get people started in another army, idk.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I doubt they really care as long as they continue to fly off the shelves.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think the boxes are targeted at established players over new player acquisition. There’s been more than a little research to support the idea that a consumer that has more than one army has higher commitment to the game than someone that has one. Might even be why they’re focusing a bit on 1000 point games at the moment. You can do 1000 point armies relatively cheaply so you might be tempted to pick up multiple armies at that level.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Endman posted:

I done painted an age of sigmar

Cross-postin' from the painting thread. This is my first dude in my first ever Age of Sigmar army. Next on the agenda will probably be some Liberators because hitting things with hammers is rad.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That's awesome! You made the gold work really well.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The Deleter posted:

That's awesome! You made the gold work really well.

Thank you! It’s just Agrax instead of Reikland, but I refer the browner tone that results.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/17/forbidden-power-the-scenerygw-homepage-post-3/

:slick:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Pretty neat. Is the underlying lore suggestion of friction between Sigmar and Teclis also new?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Sigmar wasn’t happy when the elven Gods and Morathi banded together to capture Slaanesh so it’s not entirely new, this is just a further symptom.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yeah from what I read all the gods got together to push back chaos. Then , on account of them being fickle assholes, they all split up.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Is Teclis going to have his own new faction or are they just going to recycle the High Elfs?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I think High Elves have been relegated to regular elves you encounter across the realms by this point but don't quote me on that.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Getting demoted from High to Regular? Oof

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

There are definitely going to be Light Elves that are as distinct from High Elves as Wet Elves are from Dark Elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Lord_Hambrose posted:

There are definitely going to be Light Elves that are as distinct from High Elves as Wet Elves are from Dark Elves.

I hope so

Nothing is more entertaining than the pure visceral hatred some people have at their 20 year old models not being supported anymore