Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Dizz posted:

I had to skip the 1-30 PGL poo poo because Hamon Holyfist was loving garbage.

What the heck is your beef with Hamon Holyfist? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Rainuwastaken posted:

What the heck is your beef with Hamon Holyfist? :stare:

it's like 80% taking the piss, but I didn't really like the story arc of Hamon.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I love mch, its my fave job, but c'mon now it loving sucks rear end at 60

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Hamon Holyfist is the best NPC in the game and Pugilist has the best class story.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 17, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Hamon Holyfist is the best NPC in the game and Pugilist has the best class story.

I'm aFreyd not.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It's technically true since DRK is a Job

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ImpAtom posted:

I'm aFreyd not.

They said NPCs. :unsmigghh:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I love mch, its my fave job, but c'mon now it loving sucks rear end at 60

it's the only class with a gun and is therefore perfect at all levels

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

isk posted:

It's technically true since DRK is a Job

Two separate statements, and no Hamon is not the best npc in the game in general.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I'm aFreyd not.

https://twitter.com/coeurlclaw/status/1089995014011113472

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DRK is very powerful but AST is underrated in terms of job quests IMO. Jannequinard is one of my favorite characters.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arist posted:

DRK is very powerful but AST is underrated in terms of job quests IMO. Jannequinard is one of my favorite characters.

I don't think you understand the gravity of this situation.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Arist posted:

Jannequinard is one of my favorite characters.

Jannyboy is good but Stormblood's AST quest was like 10 levels of 'who gives a poo poo.'

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Jannyboy is good but Stormblood's AST quest was like 10 levels of 'who gives a poo poo.'

60-70 AST makes me mad because it presented me with Geomancers I can briefly interact with but never play. They have their own unique weapon type and everything, come on!

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
MCH is by far the best job at every level in all content. Anyone who disagrees must be some brokebrain degenerate who likes different things than myself.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

CeallaSo posted:

60-70 AST makes me mad because it presented me with Geomancers I can briefly interact with but never play. They have their own unique weapon type and everything, come on!

It was just a fancy one handed conjurer stick :ssh:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Jimbot posted:

:hai:

It's a shame monk 30-50 is one of the worst, maybe only beaten out by pld. At least hw was decent and sb was actually good, but mostly because the pug guild showed up.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Well the preferred server bonus from Coeurl finally died, so I transferred to Excalibur! :toot:

I lost count of how many times someone on discord offered to hop in while I was waiting in queue only to find out we're on different data centers.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Hra Mormo posted:

MCH is by far the best job at every level in all content. Anyone who disagrees must be some brokebrain degenerate who likes different things than myself.

Remove Gauss Barrel forever and I'd say it's perfect. Even hiding it I know that other people can see it on me and I'm embarrassed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The blu quest line is one of my favorites

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got my new glam for DRK, or probably whatever tank I wanna use, for the next little bit.

And now a study of Dark Knight in four parts.

I'm still learning to be a beginner with gpose.

ETA: I guess i should timg all of these

Tashilicious fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 17, 2019

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm about to try Labyrinth of the Ancients for the first time. I dunno what raiding is like in this, so I hope it goes ok

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shoehead posted:

I'm about to try Labyrinth of the Ancients for the first time. I dunno what raiding is like in this, so I hope it goes ok

Welcome to the BoneZone

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shoehead posted:

It'll go fine. There's 23 other people in there so it's generally not gonna be your fault if things go sideways, unless you're tanking, and even then probably not.

I got yelled at recently in a Weeping City I had to main tank the last boss of because no one else volunteered for it. People whined I was losing enmity because nobody was killing the cages when I got trapped so I kept dying. Even in that case I just yelled back, it was fine.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The 24-man raids are generally pretty smooth and targeted towards a more casual difficulty level. Most of the old ones are so overgeared that mechanics are pretty lax too. It should go fine, but isn't representative of endgame raiding by any stretch.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

I love it! What pants and boots are those?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Note Block posted:

The pants look Shire-ish

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

(the drk main is secretly your inner regrets and fears as a globetrotting hero. since you're not one, it's kinda weird)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Rogue/Ninja has a very stable "Yeah, it's good" quality to its quests from 1 to 70. It owns.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

Rogue/Ninja has a very stable "Yeah, it's good" quality to its quests from 1 to 70. It owns.

I cannot for the life of me remember what 50-60 NIN was even about, other than there were Au Ra involved. When one of the Au Ra showed up in the Stormblood quests it took me a while to place who they even were supposed to be.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I just did the rogue starting quests a little while ago and it really bums me out that it turns into ninja instead of keeping the pirate theme the whole time

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Rogue/Ninja has the benefit of being made after they realized branching jobs from the same base class wasn't going to work. Since I'm pretty sure that's why alot of the class quest NPCs kinda vanish for 30-50 since the original plan was to have more jobs work like Summoner and Scholar, but those two made them realize how much of a headache balancing it was so they dropped the idea.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

m.hache posted:

Welcome to the BoneZone

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_Kelly/status/779181388993925120

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kongming posted:

I cannot for the life of me remember what 50-60 NIN was even about, other than there were Au Ra involved.

Tsundere ninja princess gets into trouble while her bodyguard sighs.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Note Block posted:

Trousers are shire, boots are Makai.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't know how many times I've run Labyrinth and I still have no idea what's going on with the Bone Dragon, I just shrug and hit things.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

:hai:

It's a shame monk 30-50 is one of the worst, maybe only beaten out by pld. At least hw was decent and sb was actually good, but mostly because the pug guild showed up.

It's why I'm really excited for Shadowbringer's Monk storyline. It was fun seeing the old gang again.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The 24-man raids are generally pretty smooth and targeted towards a more casual difficulty level. Most of the old ones are so overgeared that mechanics are pretty lax too. It should go fine, but isn't representative of endgame raiding by any stretch.

crystal tower for sure but apart from void ark i don't know if I'd call the sky pirates series lax. it's been years and not wiping at least two times before beating deathgaze is still rare

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 17, 2019

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Absolutely awful take here. 60 to 70 AST is the guild at most.loser and most.horny and just goofing with each other and it owns.

You dont deserve AST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The best Paladin quest is the one where you show up to your big anime tournament arc and the organizers are like 'your opponent didn't show' so the quest just completes. Come back later. No we don't know what the gently caress 'pacing' is stop asking about it.