Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

From The Guardian's end of year thing:

quote:

Biggest gripe
EA: More than a gripe, but it has to be the return of racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

A lot has been said about the poo poo show that is utd. I’m not here to delve into it we all know it is what it is. That being said, the change required to this team isn’t all that drastic according to me, they need to trade up in 4/5 players to get this starting 11 to compete again. let me explain

De Gea – needs to be kept. Even if he made a few mistakes towards the end of this season, the team was a shambles anyway and this man has single handily won us more games in the past 3 years than any out field player.

Shaw – start him at left back next season, hope he stays injury free.

Lindelof – Seems to be a player in there somewhere, he deserves another season as the starting CB.

New CB – ok so the options here are Koulibaly (too expensive) Varane (not happening) Godin(gone to italy) Maguire (possible) Alderwield (possible) Skrinar(possible). Seems to be an option of going for youth or experience. I would say youth, so go with Maguire

New RB – Dalot is good but he will need support, Wan Bissaka is a great option here.

CM – Pogba – keep him. He is the highest scorer and the fulcrum of the team going forward, yes he switches off, but people have to allow for that, look at the teams where he was successful and compare the midfielders he had around him. Pirlo Vidal marchisio (Juve) kante matuidi (france) in Manchester the only good midfield support he has had is Herrera who is no longer there. Getting the best out of pogba means getting good midfielders around him.

CM – options: Milinkovic Savic(expensive), Ndombele(expensive), Bruno Fernandez(expensive), Witsel(available), Parejo(available), Ndidi(available), Rabiot(available), (any of the first 3 would be excellent long term additions. I think Witsel would do a good job stabilising the midfield for a year or two, Rabiot would bring in elite experience but he would probably hold out for a better club, Parejo has proven himself this season, or maybe Ndidi of Everton to add bite to the midfield)

CM – Rotate Mctominay and Fred

LW – Martial or youth player

RW – options: Jadon Sancho(expensive), Jao Felix(expensive), David Neres (available) Hriving Lozano(available) Nicolas Pepe (available). Here I would really like to see us go for Neres or Lozano. I know what people say about players who come from the Eredevisie and not being able to cope with the premier league, but these two players are quick, skilful, and brave and I think would work well with rashford and martial.

CF: Rashford

Get rid of: Sanchez (at any cost) Young (at any cost) Lingard(sell to Newcastle of Everton) Matic, Jones, Darmian.

Keep Lukaku and Mata for another season.

So the key targets should be as follows: Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Savic, Neres.

Those are my thoughts at least. I tend to believe there is a good core group of players already available at the club as well as good young prospects coming through the academy (Gomes, Garner, Chong etc). Just need to add 4 new players to the starting line up and things could look up earlier than expected if all pieces are put in place soon enough. We don’t need to break the wheel, just tweak it.
KC (dreaming of a new midfield of Savic – Pogba – Ndombele)

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Why would Alderwield go to a club that finished 2 places below his current club?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

Why would Alderwield go to a club that finished 2 places below his current club?

Double his wages.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

The massive raise in wages

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

sassassin posted:

Double his wages.

gtkor posted:

The massive raise in wages

The United way (tm)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Isn’t he also out of contract?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Isn’t he also out of contract?

One more year, his 25 million release clause activates in the last 2 weeks of the summer window.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/espnuk/status/1129326374311878656?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If long range goals were worth double but no-one mentioned it until after the season was over

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Does our world really need so much sports content to merit the work that went into putting this together?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Does our world really need so much sports content to merit the work that went into putting this together?

You ask this about ESPN?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Saw an advert today looking for writers for a football league blog. The only requirement was that you churn out 5 articles a day, every day. The content, its length or its quality didn't really matter.

It's all about headlines, clicks and ads.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

sassassin posted:

Saw an advert today looking for writers for a football league blog. The only requirement was that you churn out 5 articles a day, every day. The content, its length or its quality didn't really matter.

It's all about headlines, clicks and ads.

What was the website? There was a guy on TFF asking for similar.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

https://twitter.com/ohlookitswill_/status/1129337394572988417

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

What was the website? There was a guy on TFF asking for similar.

the72.co.uk

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
At least every single reply to that tweet is a different flavour of mockery, although any conversation is probably good conversation as far as brand marketers and advertisers and social media engagement and every other combination of words I despise are concerned

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

This reply is by far my favourite:
https://twitter.com/TomFoins/status/1129345400052301825

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Trying to envision an 18 way playoff for the two relegation places

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Trying to envision an 18 way playoff for the two relegation places

Drawing of lots I think at that point

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Genuinely trying to think of what "long range" goals we've even scored this season. Salah v Chelsea is the obvious one but... it's not as if we've been know for scoring screamers this season?

What I'm saying is this is loving weird.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

EvilHawk posted:

Genuinely trying to think of what "long range" goals we've even scored this season. Salah v Chelsea is the obvious one but... it's not as if we've been know for scoring screamers this season?

What I'm saying is this is loving weird.

Im guessing the +2 comes from the Sturridge goal against Chelsea early in the season. If it wasn't complete nonsense of the worst kind, of course.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bayer Leverkusen got in on this too:

https://twitter.com/bayer04_en/status/1129453150329552896

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That’s the real table IMO.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Savage.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

in theaters May 30!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TheBigAristotle posted:

in theaters May 30!

THIS SUMMER...

AN INCREDIBLE TALE OF HOW ONE MAN

LEGALLY STOLE MILLIONS OF POUNDS

JUST BY SITTING ON HIS rear end THE WHOLE DAY

STARRING

ED WOODWARD AS "THE NAIVE SUCKER"

JOSE MOURINHO AS "THE NUSSIN GUY"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Drawing of lots I think at that point

379 draws is a lot, you're right

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/GeorgeWallisss/status/1130841015420502016?s=19

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Wow.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

:stonklol:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

What was that guy originally broadcasting to? His own Youtube?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I can’t watch

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

I did.

And I regret it.

And yet, I've watched again.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

what are the odds that guy goes to bed full-kit

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/Piedminu/status/1131524495339139073?s=19

Wrong nasser lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/FootballCliches/status/1134560379600801794

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

That’s a long way to go to have Australia/New Zealand win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I said we should sell Kane for £150m+ and re invest ito the squad and I still stand by that you kiddy fiddling oval office. Funny how you have to attack my post history just because I made you feel stupid about your VAR statement. Grow up you twat, the last thing I want is this place becoming a bitter embarrassing cringe fest like certain other forums.

----------------------

The big difference between liverpool and our team is that they have fit black players but we have asian.

Strawman fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 2, 2019