Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

I would like to see him putt behind Barrs.

Sam Bee, I didn't know you were a goon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

deoju posted:

Joking aside, it's scary when his lies are getting demonstrably bolder, and reported as fact.
Nothing Cilizza does counts as “reporting” or “facts”

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Breaking: John Bolton announces intent to declare war on the 17th hole windmill.

Better than getting cancer from the noise.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1129471578700435456

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Generic American posted:

Did Cillizza just discover his new fetish, Jesus Christ :psyduck:

Nah it's from Caddyshack, the only good thing that has ever come from golf. To sum it up, a thunderstorm is coming but a Priest wants to get a round in first, so he forces the groundskeeper (Bill Murray) to caddy for him. The weather keeps getting worse and worse and by the end it's like a hurricane. Murray wants to go back in, but the priest says the "Good Lord" line because he's having the round of his life. He winds up getting struck by lightning and dying on the last green, Murray just walks away.

e: hah I missed the comma in your post, I read it as "just discover his new fetish Jesus Christ"

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Nah he just got struck by lightning and missed the shot. He’s back at the bar later saying “there is no god”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Critical posted:

Better than getting cancer from the noise.

The wind kills all the birdies

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cillizza's thing makes so little sense considering the slew of articles over the past two weeks about rick reily's book dedicated to trump being an insanely bad golf cheat.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

haveblue posted:

The wind kills all the birdies

Paging birdsrightsactivist

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

"time to tweet some bullshit about trump playing golf - but first, to get my hands on the most flattering picture of him I can find"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

cillizza's thing makes so little sense considering the slew of articles over the past two weeks about rick reily's book dedicated to trump being an insanely bad golf cheat.

again, he even recognized it!

quote:

Of Trump's golfing, Reilly recently told CNN: "He cheats like a mafia accountant. He cheats crazy. He cheats whether you're watching or not. He cheats whether you like it or not." Reilly also told CNN that Trump hit two balls in the water when he played with Tiger Woods and then claimed to have almost beaten the pro.
To Reilly, Trump's approach to golf is a window into his broader approach to life: He breaks all the rules and then denies, denies, denies. Whether or not you put that much stock in what golf can reveal about Trump, it's clear that the President loves the sport and is -- compared to other men his age -- very good at it.

I literally cannot understand why you would write this article

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

theflyingorc posted:

again, he even recognized it!

I literally cannot understand why you would write this article
Cillizza is an incredibly stupid man, and like many incredibly stupid men he thinks every word he writes is pure gold.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1129093680248131584

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/SenMikeLee/status/1129417377681162240

These arguments never cease to amaze at how stupid they are.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

"You don't throw out an umbrella just because it isn't currently raining" - RBG (paraphrased)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

I'm increasingly concerned about the exact problems that guy lays out about polling - I used to always answer every call, but that's just not a feasible way to live right now even if you WANT to be that guy - but the polls keep only being mildly wrong at best when they're compared with reality. Trump's win was only a standard error off.

The 2016 Democratic primary polling was actually pretty bad for exactly these reasons. Sanders beat the polling average by 22.5 points in Michigan for example.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-polls-missed-bernie-sanders-michigan-upset/

quote:

How did Sanders win by 1.5 percentage points when our polling average showed Clinton ahead by 21 points and our forecasts showed that Sanders had less than a 1 percent chance of winning?
Pollsters underestimated youth turnout. Voters under 30 made up 19 percent of Democratic primary voters, nearly as large a share as voters 65 or older, according to exit polls. Mitchell Research and Communications, which showed a 37 percentage point Clinton lead in a poll conducted Sunday, found that people younger than 50 would make up less than a quarter of all voters; they made up more than half instead. Mitchell was one of the only pollsters in the state to poll using only calls to landlines, and most Americans younger than 45 live in households without landlines. But even Monmouth, which dialed cellphones, too, underestimated the turnout among younger voters.

Pollsters underestimated Sanders’s dominance among young voters. Not only did more young voters turn out than expected, but Sanders won 81 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds. A YouGov poll showed him winning 66 percent.1

Pollsters underestimated the number of independent voters who would participate in the primary. YouGov expected Sanders to beat Clinton by 38 percentage points among independent voters participating in the open Democratic primary. He won those voters by 43 percentage points. But no one expected independents to make up 27 percent of voters; YouGov expected about 12 percent.

Pollsters underestimated Sanders’s support among black voters. Sanders had won less than 20 percent of black voters in most states with large black populations, and Mitchell and YouGov both showed Sanders winning less than 20 percent of them in Michigan. Instead he won 28 percent.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Seriously, holy poo poo. The only links i can find are "the Equality Act is suicidal religious bigotry monstrous evil hell" - Heritage Foundation.

Its like everyone else is just "yeah, equality, cool" so didn't feel the need to write about it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Jaxyon posted:

Well I imagine he can veto if it hits his desk

I'm reading that he wants to sign it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

"Also, since racism is over, why are we pitting ourselves against each other by not allowing employers to discriminate against potential employees based on their race?"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

"You don't throw out an umbrella just because it isn't currently raining" - RBG (paraphrased)

Actually, I believe her original analogy was even more absurd. She said it's like throwing away the umbrella WHILE IT'S RAINING because you're not getting wet. :lol:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bicyclops posted:

"Also, since racism is over, why are we pitting ourselves against each other by not allowing employers to discriminate against potential employees based on their race?"

shhhhhhhhhh

they'll hear you

jklfdsa
Oct 30, 2006
blah
Cillizza knows he's shoveling garbage and just straight up doesn't give a gently caress. He gets paid seven figures per year to spend a Friday morning writing mindless drivel about nothing and somehow continues to fail upwards.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

Especially not if it is, in fact, still pouring but assholes just keep insisting that no, no, it's just God weeping for their first amendment right to discriminate against the sinners, heretics, and scary PoC.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

You know that its a game blessed by the Lord because its one better than the filthy sex number

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
https://slate.com/culture/2019/05/game-of-thrones-name-generator.html

Game of Thrones name generator.
Bernie Sanders --> Byrnie Sand
Donald Trump --> Donlald of Dorne
Barack Obama --> Barlack Sand

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1129481736109395968

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mr Interweb posted:

On Sen. Richard Russell posted:

We have worked hard and painstakingly down through the years to evolve a plan of having the Negro in our midst with the least possible friction, and we have made remarkable progress in adjusting to inevitable problems and conflicts which arise when two races live side by side.

Of course problems still existed, he said, but the problems were not nearly as serious as they were portrayed. Lynchings, for example, were undeniably deplorable. No one could defend that practice; certainly he was not defending it. But, he said, in a 1938 speech, the problem of lynchings was greatly exaggerated. Lynchings, he said, had been nearly eliminated. The North, with its outbreaks of gangland murders, was more violent than the South. Federal anti-lynching legislation was therefore not only unconstitutional but “unnecessary and uncalled for.” Furthermore, federal legislation would be “an unjust reflection on the people of the South” since it would “pillory” a “great section of this country before the world as being incapable of its own self-government.” The South was itself eliminating lynchings, he said; nonetheless northern liberals were saying to it, “You are a clan of barbarians. You cannot handle your own affairs unless we apply to you the lash and the spur of federal power.” And the proposed solutions, he said—not only the anti-lynching bills but the anti-poll tax bill and other anti-segregation legislation—would only aggravate the problem. Many of these proposals could be administered only by force: federal troops. “I’m as interested in the Negro people of my state as anyone in the Senate,” he was to say once. “I love them. But I know what’s going to happen if you apply force—there’ll be violence.” The poll tax and lynching bills were opening wedges of a program designed by northern liberals to change the political structure which had kept the two races living together in harmony; “if it were adopted in its entirety, [it] would destroy the white civilization of the South.”

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/BryanLowry3/status/1129472810454310918

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

That assumes that Democrats will have the spine to even do anything other than draw lines and act surprised when Dipshit's corrupt cronies ignore them.

I just don't know what is left to do; the system of checks and balances has broken down. Congress won't do its job, the DOJ is corrupted, and the Supreme Court is probably not going to help. I don't have much faith that we will be "allowed" a free and fair election to get this bastard out of office.

It could be that I've lost perspective and need a break (probably so), but I've been feeling for the past few weeks that it was game over. I don't want to come across as "nothing matters", but I just don't know what to do if the rule of law can be blatantly ignored.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

That assumes that Democrats will have the spine to even do anything other than draw lines and act surprised when Dipshit's corrupt cronies ignore them.

I just don't know what is left to do; the system of checks and balances has broken down. Congress won't do its job, the DOJ is corrupted, and the Supreme Court is probably not going to help. I don't have much faith that we will be "allowed" a free and fair election to get this bastard out of office.

It could be that I've lost perspective and need a break (probably so), but I've been feeling for the past few weeks that it was game over. I don't want to come across as "nothing matters", but I just don't know what to do if the rule of law can be blatantly ignored.

We have not actually seen how any of these will go in the courts yet, save the doomsaying for if that fails.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Pigbuster posted:

We have not actually seen how any of these will go in the courts yet, save the doomsaying for if that fails.

OK, that's definitely fair.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

OK, that's definitely fair.

With the ongoing enoulments case, the courts have already dropped hints that it might not go well for TheDonald, dont panic yet. And the judge was even less amused with his lawyers responses.

Nixon and watergate set a lot of precedent that the courts will likely follow.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Well, I mean they're just trying to be accurate, I mean look at all these shooters and you tell me...

..Oh.....well, gently caress.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

"time to tweet some bullshit about trump playing golf - but first, to get my hands on the most flattering picture of him I can find"

thicc.

so funny to see the article acting like he's some warrior when golf is like the most emasculating of all male leisure activities.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Mr Interweb posted:

Oh god people feeling free to be themselves in public so loving divisive.

No chance McConnell lets this through the senate one way or the other sadly.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1129461851434233856

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1129486486645157888

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
So does this mean that Trump has Art of the Dealed a worse deal than if he had done nothing?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

With the news of the Flynn voicemail, have Democrats subpoenaed him to testify yet? That should have been done hours after the news broke.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jaxyon posted:

So does this mean that Trump has Art of the Dealed a worse deal than if he had done nothing?

Without looking into it at all, I’m 100% sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

Actually, I believe her original analogy was even more absurd. She said it's like throwing away the umbrella WHILE IT'S RAINING because you're not getting wet. :lol:

I actually went and found the dissenting opinion and you're correct, it was exactly that. Also far more apropos I think for how the GOP continues to attack voting rights in this country.