Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A documentary of the filming of the last season of Game of Thrones where every actor looks at the camera like Jim from The Office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Look me in the eyes and tell me that Daenerys 9/11'ing an entire city isn't the greatest thing to happen knowing that morons who didn't read the books named their children after her.

Posting from the distant past to lol that Americans have done this to multiple real cities and still have the fuckin cheek to call it 9/11'ing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Strategic Tea posted:

Posting from the distant past to lol that Americans have done this to multiple real cities and still have the fuckin cheek to call it 9/11'ing

If I called it anything else Americans wouldn't have understood the reference.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the Viking sack of Paris is probably my favorite 9/11 but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Eh fair enough

PYF levelled cities?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Strategic Tea posted:

Eh fair enough

PYF levelled cities?
Harrenhal still the best ruined city

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
So the Sopranos prequel is gonna be incredibly disappointing too right?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Oh god are they really doing a prequel for sopranos

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

sweet thursday posted:

A documentary of the filming of the last season of Game of Thrones where every actor looks at the camera like Jim from The Office

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Prequals are a loving terrible idea. Always.

Why do people never get this.
:psyduck:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Prequels are just stories where the creators made money from the spoilers first.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
counterpoint godfather 2, better call saul

But for real let's be honest there's no way a sopranos prequel wont be hilarious

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Glenn Quebec posted:

Oh god are they really doing a prequel for sopranos

Just a movie iirc. Gandolfini's son is playing Tony or smth lol

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Lmao has this dog poo poo season killed all the 'hype' for the dozen prequels and sequels and other bullshit they had planned?

I hope this show ends and never have to hear about it again

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Prequals are a loving terrible idea. Always.

Why do people never get this.
:psyduck:

It's almost like if there are some lingering questions left about a backstory, the actual story would've already addressed them if they were any important.

There are good prequels mind you, but the key is to fool people into a new thing and then not actually give a poo poo about the original story. Better Call Saul is great except when it keeps including plot threads for no other reason than that it is a Breaking Bad prequel.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Spartacus 1.5 was a p good show prequel. Gannicus for life

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gods of the Arena is the best season of the show imho

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
My wife and I are well into season 3 of Better Call Saul.... does it ever stop being such a downer fest? The pull of it for us was that it was a lighter show than Breaking Bad, starring a comedian, but every episode is just about how much life sucks and people suck and careers suck harder. We kind of don't need that stress in our lives, especially the career struggle bits, especially the Kim scenes. Does it ever perk the gently caress up

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Dumb Lowtax posted:

We kind of don't need that stress in our lives, especially the career struggle bits, especially the Kim scenes. Does it ever perk the gently caress up

Hell no.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Dumb Lowtax posted:

My wife and I are well into season 3 of Better Call Saul.... does it ever stop being such a downer fest? The pull of it for us was that it was a lighter show than Breaking Bad, starring a comedian, but every episode is just about how much life sucks and people suck and careers suck harder. We kind of don't need that stress in our lives, especially the career struggle bits, especially the Kim scenes. Does it ever perk the gently caress up

If life is crushing you maybe don't watch crime dramas then lmao

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If I called it anything else Americans wouldn't have understood the reference.

Where were you when the Red Keep fell on that cold and wintry day?
Down in Fleabottom with your wife and kid?
Working pits in Slavers Bay?
Did you stand there in shock at the sight of
That dragonfire rising against that blue sky
Did you shout out in anger
In fear for your neighbor
Or did you just sit down and fry

Did you weep for the children
Who lost their dear white horse
And prey to the God of No-one
Did you rejoice for the people who walked from the rubble
And sob for Bad Pussy left below

Did you burst out in pride
For the Golden Company
The heroes who died just doing what they do
Did you look up to the Seven for some kind of answer
And look at yourself to what really matters

I'm just a singer of simple songs
I'm not a Khaleesi or a Queen
I watch Cersei News but not sure I can tell you
The difference in Lys or Meereen

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I would say King's Landing got Dresden'd but even Dresden was a rail hub and had some military industry so.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Is this... a joke? 'Cuz Breaking Bad started out as, "wouldn't it be funny if a chemistry teacher decided to start making meth for money?" with the whacky dad from Malcolm in the Middle, and became... y'know.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
In what world would Better Call Saul be a comedy?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

Quit 911’ing this thread.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Strategic Tea posted:

Excuse me, we destroyed those cities in self defense.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

esperterra posted:

Just a movie iirc. Gandolfini's son is playing Tony or smth lol

I guess Tony's not as much of the toxic male role model he was fifteen years ago, but still putting the son playing him in that godawful Anton Chigurh cut makes me think there's something to the movie.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

The dragons are basically an allegory for nukes so pick Hiroshima or Nagasaki

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, the US did literally firebomb tokyo and kill like 100,000 people* so if you need a historical "fire dropped from the sky fucks up a populace and destroys their city" we sort of have one.

*Probably way more but thats the number the US and Japan agreed on.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Rated PG-34 posted:

The dragons are basically an allegory for nukes so pick Hiroshima or Nagasaki

Dany’s behavior is essentially as if USA went “give up or be nuked”, the Japanese actually caved and accepted surrender, only to get nuked anyway.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Also if we want analogs where the US bombed helpless civilians while enjoying overwhelming air superiority, there’s plenty of those too.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dumb Lowtax posted:

haha. we already know how Jimmy/Saul's story ends, so... you can expect things to get much much worse.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

But dany burnt the people to ash to save them, just as the US does in their innumerable wars

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
So a mentally unstable person, in charge of the greatest military force in the known world, recklessly pursues personal vendettas and agendas that are often nonsensical, even to their advisors? And this person feels a deep sense of entitlement to other's personal loyalty and admiration, despite it being largely unearned? And essentially everyone is being dragged into conflicts based on this person's inane whims, and even their friends and confidants are unable to keep any real control of their impulses? And meanwhile the kingdom is basically going down the toilet because this person remains in power, largely because an array of corrupt or similarly power-hungry individuals are cynically profiting from the instability this person creates while the spotlight is off them?

Sorry I really don't see any connection to the United States here!

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 18, 2019

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Strategic Tea posted:

Eh fair enough

PYF levelled cities?

Carthage was pretty rough. Dresden probably gets a fairly high placing.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Chomp8645 posted:

So a mentally unstable person, in charge of the greatest military force in the known world, recklessly pursues personal vendettas and agendas that are often nonsensical, even to their advisors? And this person feels a deep sense of entitlement to other's personal loyalty and admiration, despite it being largely unearned? And essentially everyone is being dragged into conflicts based on this person's inane whims, and even their friends and confidants are unable to keep any real control of their impulses? And meanwhile the kingdom is basically going down the toilet because this person remains in power, largely because an array of corrupt or similarly power-hungry individuals are cynically profiting from the instability this person creates while the spotlight is off them?

Sorry I really don't see any connection to the United States here!

:iiam:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Well there’s not nearly as much incest among the American ruling class so I just don’t see how anyone could make that connection in the first place

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Bronn realizes hes not getting high garden so he kills dany, jon, and tyrion and takes the iron throne instead

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

LabyaMynora posted:

Is this... a joke? 'Cuz Breaking Bad started out as, "wouldn't it be funny if a chemistry teacher decided to start making meth for money?" with the whacky dad from Malcolm in the Middle, and became... y'know.

walt murders a dude in episode one lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Gresh posted:

Bronn realizes hes not getting high garden so he kills dany, jon, and tyrion and takes the iron throne instead

bronn walks into the throne room unchallenged and kills everyone one at a time with the crossbow. he scowls at the camera and shoots the cameraman in the chest. fin