Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Killing time off-season on my Switch on public transit, and what drops primal for my DH this morning? A fuckin Chain of Shadows. It's like RNG's whispering a little promise that s17's going to be irritating no matter what I play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

The first/guaranteed primal for my necro last season was a witch doctor set piece. I'm hoping for something a little more usable this time around.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Organza Quiz posted:

Is crusader or barb gonna be more fun this season?

The answer is always barb.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Suburban Dad posted:

The answer is always barb.

The answer has always been anything other than crux for me.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Is necro addon worth getting?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I just fired up the game for the first time in months to dick around a bit and the first thing that dropped in a rift for me was a primal compass rose that I'd been hunting for most of season 16 :shepface:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Oldstench posted:

Is necro addon worth getting?

Since you haven't played in forever, I'd hold off until gently caress around for a month or so and see what strong opinions about playstyle you develop and go from there.

It isn't bad by any stretch, but it isnt mandatory either.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Necro is probably the most poorly designed class. Ton of skills that aren't used and the strongest builds are all very tedious to play. They've got a few fun unique things going for them but I think the tediousness of waiting for cooldowns or constantly spamming the summon button out weigh the pros.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
How do most people try to farm Death's Breaths? The idea I had was to do runs of those Towers in Act 3, since the layout is compact and linear, to reduce the amount of time to find champion and unique enemies, but I'm sure others have a better idea.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

How do most people try to farm Death's Breaths? The idea I had was to do runs of those Towers in Act 3, since the layout is compact and linear, to reduce the amount of time to find champion and unique enemies, but I'm sure others have a better idea.

Run rifts. Bounties and now CR rewards are other good options. Wear sage's set.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Wear sage set if you can, if not, maximum torment level rifts that you are clearing in 2-3 minutes.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I don't remember how to play at all - drat it's been a minute.
Wheel says M Monk. Time to look at builds.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Run regular rifts and bounties on the highest torment you can, do bounties, craft the sages set if you can fit it on.

E: I should reload before I post

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, I like to just run rifts and not just elite chase in the world. You get the benefit of DBs, but also GR keys and bloodshards, plus the scenery changes more often, makes it feel like less of a grind.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The endgame in diablo 3 is just running rifts and, to a lesser extent, doing bounties fast.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

The season journey is a nice little guide to push you along too, giving you goals and rewards.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I only made it half way through the last few seasons. Last season after I got my starter set I got caught up in building my new PC and playing around with new games. I really wanted to do ue multi again. Maybe I'll do this season back on PC for something new, (d3 was my only ps4 game atm) so much clicking though.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Ugh saw a European playing right now and thought OH BOY... but whoops, I'm in America >:(

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

AlternateAccount posted:

Ugh saw a European playing right now and thought OH BOY... but whoops, I'm in America >:(

Almost. 7hrs 10 mins to go for US.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
EU CR is so easy I can only assume the player went and took a poo poo halfway through.
I can't play Demon Hunter and I finished with 90 seconds to spare.

Heh, first 2H Ancient Weapon I upgrade and I get an Ancient Fury of the Ancient Peak.
Great, except now I need to go craft/upgrade and cube another weapon.

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 17, 2019

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
Did they make any balance changes other than LON ring buff this patch? Debating playing but have 0 interest in another season of that stupid archon wiz nonsense.

Normally I'd go to diablo fans to read up but rip.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Spacely posted:

Did they make any balance changes other than LON ring buff this patch? Debating playing but have 0 interest in another season of that stupid archon wiz nonsense.

Normally I'd go to diablo fans to read up but rip.

Just a few items (see below; formatting is terrible but the first % is the old one, second % is the new one). Besides LoN, all the changes below are live already. Also some QoL stuff, like T14-16 is now available.

Items

(NEW) Bottomless Potion of the Unfettered
Become immune to control-impairing effects for 5-7 seconds after drinking this potion
Akkhan’s Leniency
Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 15-20% 35-40% for 3 seconds
Bloodtide Blade
Death Nova deals 80-100% 300-400% increased damage for every enemy within 25 yards
Carnevil
The 5 10 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart every time you do
Chantodo’s Will
Every second while in Archon form you expel a Wave of Destruction, dealing 1000% 4000% weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards. Every time you hit with an attack while not in Archon form, 1000% 4000% weapon damage is added to the Wave of Destruction, stacking up to 20 times
Wave of Destruction damage now scales with attack speed
The Dagger of Darts
Your Poison Darts and your Fetishes’ Poison Darts now pierce and deal an additional [400-500%] damage.
Grace of Inarius
6-Piece Bonus
Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by 3750% 10000%
Iron Rose
Attacking with Siphon Blood has a 40-50% 100% chance to cast a free Blood Nova
Jekangbord
Blessed Shield ricochets to 6 additional enemies and has its damage increased by 225-300% 300-400%
Sage’s Set
Now doubles the amount of Death’s Breaths that drop
Previous: Increases Death’s Breath drops by 1
Sin Seekers
Now also adds 250-300% damage to Rapid Fire
Wojahnni Assaulter
Rapid Fire deals 60-75% 75-100% increased damage for every half second that you channel. Stacks up to 4 30 times.
The stacks gained from Wojahnni Assaulter now also stack much more quickly

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

So I played around with my old season 16 necro and converted to a Bloodsplosion Necro with Bloodtide Blade, Trag'oul's corroded fang, and Iron rose.

I actually took OFF LoN so I could test the effectiveness of different ring setups. So this is all straight up legendary text interaction with no set benefits.

Basically the idea is to run around with aura of frailty, the mobs get sucked in thanks to Brigg’s Wrath and take additional damage from Strongarm bracers. In addition, you get the 100% benefit from Trag'oul's blade. They'll also be slowed from BotT (R25) aura which procs both BotT benefits and Krysbin's Sentence. You click on the closest big mob and waves of blood wash over them. If it's timed right, the mobs who are getting knockback from the curse will suffer the 300% of Krysbin's.

I was managing to clear T10-T11 pretty easily and this is with only low rank gems in the jewelry and no LoN bonuses.

I thought this was pretty impressive and I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Yeah, I was looking at this guide for LoN Blood Nova; Inarius is the starting set so you can kinda build into it from there.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So is there a guide someplace for what I should try to shard gamble at lvl one for, say, a demon hunter? Is it still daggers? Or an armor piece?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Mindblast posted:

So is there a guide someplace for what I should try to shard gamble at lvl one for, say, a demon hunter? Is it still daggers? Or an armor piece?

Never a weapon, but you will want to upgrade a dagger since the CR Cache will have 35DBs in it.

Here's a sheet someone posted on Reddit about low-level gambles per-class, but I'd wait to upgrade your weapons first and see what you get, since you may want to gamble a supporting item depending what you get.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SDqv0eESxpnWj7YPoZ2ZGZLC1UgD0mCaI8RH7li7TT4/edit#gid=0

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

If it's helpful to anyone, here's a little list I go through usually during the first hours of a season with a group:
-----------------------
Rebirth/Create Seasonal Character
Start game, get follower weapon, & activate a pet
Run Challenge Rift
Start game (Hard)
Open CR Cache
Upgrade artisans to max
Get cube
Craft & upgrade 2h Scythe (or whatever the 'right' weapon is for your class)
Cube weapon (unless ancient)
Gamble
Rift to 70
At 40, craft 2h mace and try for level reduction.
If you get stun/freeze/etc secondary, roll the other one for lvl reduction
At 70, craft all level 70 items
Start to work on Journey Chapters 1-4

For S17 - DO NOT USE 2pc/4pc set bonuses if you have any ancients or it will remove LoN bonus.
-----------------------

I used to include making game on Expert, finding one of the easy boss bounties (e.g. ZK), and doing it for the bonus yellows/xp, but with the run to the cube now needed right at the start, I'm bypassing that and just killing on the way to the cube since getting that legendary power ASAP will be a far greater boost than 2-3 level 4 yellows.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I'm always surprised blizzard doesn't do sales near season reset. They would make a killing.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

DrSeRRoD posted:

If it's helpful to anyone, here's a little list I go through usually during the first hours of a season with a group:
-----------------------
Rebirth/Create Seasonal Character
Start game, get follower weapon, & activate a pet
Run Challenge Rift
Start game (Hard)
Open CR Cache
Upgrade artisans to max
Get cube
Craft & upgrade 2h Scythe (or whatever the 'right' weapon is for your class)
Cube weapon (unless ancient)
Gamble
Rift to 70
At 40, craft 2h mace and try for level reduction.
If you get stun/freeze/etc secondary, roll the other one for lvl reduction
At 70, craft all level 70 items
Start to work on Journey Chapters 1-4

For S17 - DO NOT USE 2pc/4pc set bonuses if you have any ancients or it will remove LoN bonus.
-----------------------

I used to include making game on Expert, finding one of the easy boss bounties (e.g. ZK), and doing it for the bonus yellows/xp, but with the run to the cube now needed right at the start, I'm bypassing that and just killing on the way to the cube since getting that legendary power ASAP will be a far greater boost than 2-3 level 4 yellows.

Another option is to run a couple of Acts for Bounties so you get the plans for Cain's Set.
You can then get +50%-75% bonus XP, plus up to +120xp per kill (the latter is roll-dependent).
If you're playing on Hard, you can probably get through to 60 without having to replace your 3-piece as long as you're lucky enough with other drops.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I had trouble getting the cube out of the gate last season, playing on hard. One of the unique barbarian ladies demolished me.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

DrSeRRoD posted:

Never a weapon, but you will want to upgrade a dagger since the CR Cache will have 35DBs in it.

Here's a sheet someone posted on Reddit about low-level gambles per-class, but I'd wait to upgrade your weapons first and see what you get, since you may want to gamble a supporting item depending what you get.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SDqv0eESxpnWj7YPoZ2ZGZLC1UgD0mCaI8RH7li7TT4/edit#gid=0

Thanks for that. Good stuff! The CR db's are nice but you can't use those for a cube upgrade until you're already 70. That's still good for when I get there, tho!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Mindblast posted:

Thanks for that. Good stuff! The CR db's are nice but you can't use those for a cube upgrade until you're already 70. That's still good for when I get there, tho!

You can do it at 1, you just only get level 70 items, which you can then cube and use the power for easy 1-70 and beyond, until you get something better.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Noob question, so this is my first time doing a season, after it's over what happens to the character? like right now I have one of each class male+female at level 70, if I make a DH for this season and it rolls over do I just delete my season character afterwards, arne't there limited character slots...?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Im_Special posted:

Noob question, so this is my first time doing a season, after it's over what happens to the character? like right now I have one of each character male+female at level 70, if I make a DH for the season and it rolls over do I just delete my season character afterwards, arne't there limited character slots...?

It just all moves to non-season. You keep everything, even the paragon xp you earn.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
hyped to play Zuni's and not feel ashamed that I'm doing it.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 17, 2019

mewse
May 2, 2006

Im_Special posted:

Noob question, so this is my first time doing a season, after it's over what happens to the character? like right now I have one of each class male+female at level 70, if I make a DH for this season and it rolls over do I just delete my season character afterwards, arne't there limited character slots...?

make one of your 70s naked and then rebirth them in the new season :getin:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Started off quite lucky with a WD this season I reckon.

Got Pox Faulds in 3 death shard rolls, then switched to off-hand to blow the rest and got...nothing legendary. Then I realised i was doing necro off-hands instead of mojos, and felt like a right idiot, so probably for the best.

But this came from the free reforge :getin:

No luck on a level reduction roll yet, but keeping this 'til 70 for the LON bonus and some exploding frog-spam.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Very nice, that makes the GR20 a breeze. I'm hoping for an ancient, but I'll take a crappy one too just for the boost.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Im_Special posted:

Has the new season already started for you folks? Says to me it won't be up for another hour and a half. Not sure if my server is separate or not.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Elentor posted:

Has the new season already started for you folks? Says to me it won't be up for another hour and a half. Not sure if my server is separate or not.

Asia and europe have it already. NA starts soon like you said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Elentor posted:

EU starts about 9 hours before NA.