Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hobbesmaster posted:

this sounds like a fun, stupid project tbh

yeah and the sf terrain means it would actually be a meaningful qol improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when I was in junior high some belvedere dude rented one of those giant skycrane cargo helicopters to get full grown palm trees onto his property because the roads are too narrow to get a truck up the hill

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

that boat community of sausalito is next to belvedere which is where the people who can make fun of the hoi polloi who can only afford mill valley or *scoff* larkspur live

these are the people who get furniculars installed to carrry their groceries into the house

dicking around on google maps and its really weird that some of these houses are just straight up blurred out... im on to you... sakura investments llc
https://www.google.com/maps/@37.8647924,-122.4601114,3a,60y,23.14h,87.96t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sq8FiZcVrfzT2isMMb2n1Lw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
pretty sure google has a way for celebs to opt out of being clearly visible on maps. but only if you're important enough

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

anyone can request their property to be blurred after mothers nationwide went to their local news to report that pedophiles were using it to find out where kids lived in the town

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

basically the people who have this view

are super concerned that some of the little dots on the right are poors

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

qirex posted:

when I was in junior high some belvedere dude rented one of those giant skycrane cargo helicopters to get full grown palm trees onto his property because the roads are too narrow to get a truck up the hill

hope you hammered some copper nails into them

e: lame i guess that doesnt work

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

haveblue posted:

pretty sure google has a way for celebs to opt out of being clearly visible on maps. but only if you're important enough

they implemented the blurring addresses thing after german privacy laws required them to & i guess with gdpr they might as well make it worldwide but hard to get at

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

prisoner of waffles posted:

what about that biohacker who genetically engineered himself into an early grave, where's that story again

i double-checked this and the guy I was thinking of just drowned while on ketamine, no biohacking implicated in his death.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i double-checked this and the guy I was thinking of just drowned while on ketamine, no biohacking implicated in his death.

pretty sure biohackers consider doing drugs as part of biohacking

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

HoboMan posted:

pretty sure biohackers consider doing drugs as part of biohacking

most definitely

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i support all transhumanism efforts to become gunter or jc denton

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

my bitter bi rival posted:

with no teachers and no students, the schools can finally be turned in to something useful -- community centers for the elderly.

You joke, but I work at an AE firm that does a lot of public K-12, and there's a lot of pressure on schools to add senior centers and PACE centers to their schools, many times just to get the senior population to loving pass a bond to replace schools built in the 1950s because "they were good enough for me when I was a kid!". Public school funding through property taxes is the biggest ball of bullshit.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

so wait... is he swole now??

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

fun fact, that almost happened to john c lilly after his famous experiment about jerking off dolphins on LSD but BEFORE aliens stole his dick.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Moist von Lipwig posted:

fun fact, that almost happened to john c lilly after his famous experiment about jerking off dolphins on LSD but BEFORE aliens stole his dick.

for a sec there i thought that said john c reilly

what a movie that would be, with an unnecessary lead role played by will ferrell

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sanguinary Novel posted:

You joke, but I work at an AE firm that does a lot of public K-12, and there's a lot of pressure on schools to add senior centers and PACE centers to their schools, many times just to get the senior population to loving pass a bond to replace schools built in the 1950s because "they were good enough for me when I was a kid!". Public school funding through property taxes is the biggest ball of bullshit.

ive never posted a joke in my life

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

this checks out

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

but doctor, you are the joke

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

https://www.businessinsider.com/ubiome-startup-fbi-raid-jessica-richman-ceo-founders-misled-age-2019-5 posted:

On the heels of an FBI raid of its offices in San Francisco, the buzzy health startup uBiome is under investigation.

The company, which has raised $105 million and achieved a $600 million valuation, is reportedly being investigated for issues related to how it billed customers for its tests, which were geared at highlighting the role the microbiome plays in human health.

uBiome portrayed its tests as free to patients and claimed insurance companies would foot the bill. In reality, customers were sometimes saddled with thousands of dollars of bills when their insurance declined to pay. Interviews that Business Insider previously conducted with several former uBiome employees suggested that the company may have cut corners on its science as well.

Now, additional reporting by Business Insider reveals that uBiome's CEOs and cofounders, Jessica Richman and Zachary Apte, may have tried to conceal personal details, including their relationship and Richman's age. Richman and Apte were placed on leave from the CEO role after the FBI raid.

Richman repeatedly presented herself as years younger than she was, in an apparent effort to be included in articles showcasing young founders.

In one instance in 2014, Richman told a Business Insider reporter that she was "under 30" but declined to provide her specific age. As a result, she was included in a list titled "The 30 most important women under 30 in tech."

At the time she was 40.

The following year, when Richman was 41, she was included on a CNN list highlighting innovative companies led by founders under 40.

In 2018, Richman told a different Business Insider reporter that she was "under 40" and again declined to give her age. It earned her a spot on another list: "Meet the 30 healthcare leaders under 40 who are using technology to shape the future of medicine." She was 45.

lmbo

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

lol, when will startups learn that health regs are the only ones money actually has an interest in enforcing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

HoboMan posted:

lol, when will startups learn that health regs are the only ones money actually has an interest in enforcing

well, sort of. if they just called themselves SUPPLEMENTS they'd be fine.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

theranos speedrun

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also lol at business insider just up and admitting they will print whatever theyre told without any checking up

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Krankenstyle posted:

theranos speedrun

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Its the beauty of simplicity - just lie about poo poo - especially inconsequential poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

i double-checked this and the guy I was thinking of just drowned while on ketamine,

being around standing water on k seems like a suuuuuuuuper bad idea

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

graph posted:

being around standing water on k seems like a suuuuuuuuper bad idea

iirc he drowned in a sensory deprivation tank while on k

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like all good medical procedures, this one is meant to "highlight the role" of something

"oh yes lay down in this CT machine so we can blast you with xrays to highlight the role your left kidney plays in pissing"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

it's been feeling under-appreciated so it could use the attention, c'mon it'll only take a second

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haveblue posted:

absolutely owned

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shame Boy posted:

it's been feeling under-appreciated so it could use the attention, c'mon it'll only take a second

big fan of paying attention to body parts, especially some over others

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

haveblue posted:

well, you can't say the tank didn't work extremely well.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

haveblue posted:

bad rear end.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

uncurable mlady posted:

well, you can't say the tank didn't work extremely well.

:nfpa:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pinboard/status/112279889142484992

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

That tweet would be in the second grade this year.

:corsair:

E: Could be third grade, though. A lot of early September birthdays end up getting started along with earlier birthdays?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

This guy's Twitter handle is 4LOVofScience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
i hope the biohacking he'll perform in prison will get him killed