Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1125817465416617984

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'd really like a Hawkguy costume

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Game Informer has a lot of Ultimate Alliance 3 coverage up and while the people talking over it are a bit bland, there is a lot of looks at stuff from the game, some of the characters are relatively deep cuts like Crystal and also Lockjaw replaces the save points/team switching spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCCsArRicCI

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Looks fun. I like the heroic camera. Now we just need to hear about alternate costumes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Looks fun. I like the heroic camera. Now we just need to hear about alternate costumes.

Yeah, honestly the worst part of 2 was that they only had one alternate costume per hero.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, honestly the worst part of 2 was that they only had one alternate costume per hero.

That's one of the many worst things about 2.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I’d be happy with one costume per character if they’re well chosen and meaningful. 2 had a bunch of ugly, weird choices and they made no difference.

1 had a bunch of ugly clutter.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Definitely seems more 1 than 2, which is good. Now if we can just get some costume information...

e: I can't deal with just one alt per character. PS4 Spider-Man has ruined me, I demand shitloads of costumes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The original had 3 alts or more for everyone except the bonus characters, so yeah. We need many alts.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You guys are dangerously close to the monkey paw curling a finger and putting loot boxes into this game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no way Nintendo would be able to figure out repeat buyable DLC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

There's no way Nintendo would be able to figure out repeat buyable DLC.

They literally have Warframe and Fortnite on their system and a successful lootbox mobile game

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

You guys are dangerously close to the monkey paw curling a finger and putting loot boxes into this game.

Monkey paw already curled when this became Nintendo exclusive

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It was Nintendo exclusive or nothing, they're the ones pushing this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm fine with it being exclusive to my most-used gaming machine.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

At least now I don't have to worry about my friends buying it for another console and being unable to play with them.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/Wombat973/status/1128206413988282368

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
All this needs is to reference that Miles writes fanfiction of himself and Ms Marvel as furries dating and we'll have the greatest Marvel game of all time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ugh I want Ultimate Alliance 3 but don't want to get a switch :negative:

Has there been updates with the Square Enix Marvel game or is that dead?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Square has an entire-rear end press conference at E3 this year, if Avengers isn't there, it's dead.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Waffleman_ posted:

Square has an entire-rear end press conference at E3 this year, if Avengers isn't there, it's dead.

Not necessarily. They just opened a new studio for Crystal Dynamics up here near Seattle specifically to work on that project. It'd be a little dumb if they didn't have a trailer, but it's entirely possible that their heads are still down and we won't hear more about it until 2020 or beyond. A big triple-A game takes time to make.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Square has a bit of track record with not acknowledging games they announced years ago until they're actually close to completion.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
youll get the first trailer on the disc for the final part of ff7 remake

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

youll get the first trailer on the disc for the final part of ff7 remake

I'm sure my grandkids will love it

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

All this needs is to reference that Miles writes fanfiction of himself and Ms Marvel as furries dating and we'll have the greatest Marvel game of all time.

I don’t think they confirmed the voice actor for Miles yet, but he sounds just like the Miles from Spiderverse.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Ugh I want Ultimate Alliance 3 but don't want to get a switch :negative:

I know all those words, but that post makes no sense.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Waffleman_ posted:

Never assume a game is dead with Square "Let's announce a game before we even get pre-production started, what could go wrong?" Enix

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lurdiak posted:

I know all those words, but that post makes no sense.
I don't want to buy another video game console :shrug:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Wanderer posted:

Not necessarily. They just opened a new studio for Crystal Dynamics up here near Seattle specifically to work on that project. It'd be a little dumb if they didn't have a trailer, but it's entirely possible that their heads are still down and we won't hear more about it until 2020 or beyond. A big triple-A game takes time to make.

**Insert "It's been 80 years." meme here**

Seriously , this game was in development before Marvel Heroes died.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The game was announced in 2017, most likely before any significant development had happened. That makes it a 2021/2022 release at best.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah 4-5 years isn't abnormal for a new IP, most just don't announce that early.

But it's not surprising they wanted to go public that they're working on that license ASAP.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Particularly with a company like Square Enix, which tends to make big games with long development cycles. Putting it out there publicly that they're working on a Marvel game was probably very useful in terms of things like stock prices and venture capital, which are unfortunately significant concerns in the modern business.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
Square's Avengers game looks not very promising to me. Insomniac's Spider-Man gave us an interpretation of the character that was trying to stand out from the other Spider-Men, something original. Square's Avengers looks like soulless MCU cash in. Plus Deus Ex was left on a cliffhanger just to make it. gently caress that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wait, has there been anything of the game to look like anything other than the teaser?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TheNamedSavior posted:

Square's Avengers game looks not very promising to me. Insomniac's Spider-Man gave us an interpretation of the character that was trying to stand out from the other Spider-Men, something original. Square's Avengers looks like soulless MCU cash in. Plus Deus Ex was left on a cliffhanger just to make it. gently caress that.

What are you basing this on, there's literally almost no information available.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheNamedSavior posted:

There literally hasn't been anything but a logo teaser, what the gently caress are you talking about?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheNamedSavior posted:

So what I'm getting from this is "I am angry about Deus Ex and I am going to be negative about this game no matter what" because... there's literally nothing about the game.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Something something women something something sjws 0 stars

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Square only published Deus Ex, so I don't know know what that would have anything to do with Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Considering how shoddy Mankind Divided was I have no idea why anyone would be raring for another one.