Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

piL posted:

I remember that, did my best cellphone Google fu and couldn't find that website--can you pass the phone number/website?

Shot ya a PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A lifetime in the deep south has conditioned me to look askance at dentists who don't expect me to be an active assistant in the procedure. What, you don't trust me to hold the spray nozzle?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
A sailor in Sasebo committed suicide last week.

I'm not surprised as the state of metal health care resources in Sasebo is worse than abysmal. While I was in command over there I literally told the Navy IG and PACFLT Master Chief that it was going to get someone killed. It's good to see nothing has changed.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Asking for a colleague, between IG and a Congressional, which would "russle jimmies in a more effective/efficient manner" as time is a consideration. Thanks.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

Asking for a colleague, between IG and a Congressional, which would "russle jimmies in a more effective/efficient manner" as time is a consideration. Thanks.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

He states the IG website says not to do both. Wow, little late in the career to care about rules.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

UPDATE: He contacted his rep, Jared, who is a 37 year old who dropped out of college for the Corps and going to war. So you know Jared knows about being a broke brain. I'll let you guys know how this goes. I got a good feeling.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
At least in the 90s-2000s, a CONGRINT was a much bigger jimmy rustler.
e: Congressional inquiry, apparently CONGRINT is a Marine only term.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 13, 2019

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

maffew buildings posted:

It was my experience that the IG got near-immediate results, contacting my Senator took two years.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I will not say why I know, but they are both very painful just in very different ways. imho, of you want something real to happen than IG is the way go. Unless the thing ties into something the congressman cares about, the inquiry will perfunctory.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
IG is pretty hit or miss. I'll let you guess how effective it is when the base IG is an O-5 whose career path strongly suggests they'll be in the group or wing staff in two years.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

He decided on both. Wow, let the jimmy russling begin.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Mid air collision in AK. We are still searching.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1194789001

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Melthir posted:

Sorry wrong thread. What ever. We have squids assisting.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Melthir posted:

Sorry wrong thread. What ever. We have squids assisting.

It’s cool man. drat that sucks.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

It’s cool man. drat that sucks.

Could be worse my friend would have been flying the KIA plane if he hadn't gotten sick because cruise ships are breeding grounds for super bugs, instead now his friend is dead soooooo yeah. Last night was interesting to say the least.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/HopeSeck/status/1128289346698788865

Everything old is new again

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Show of force is not a training mission and not participating without the consent of the Spanish people when the original agreement was to participate in training exercises appears to be in alignment with democratic principles.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Melthir posted:

That super sucks

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’m supposed to go on a short 6 day AT I put through 3 weeks ago for travel this Sunday and it’s still sitting for final approval. I had to go in the NOSC and nudge them on Monday. I really hate last minute orders. I really shouldn’t accept anything with less than two months time till orders but I’m sure poo poo would happen anyways.

Don’t worry guys my regular job doesn’t mind knowing until Friday that I definitely won’t be there on Monday.

Good ol’ DC for week. Have no idea what I can accomplish in that time span but I guess I can PT up a storm.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Cardio after work and then doing 16oz curls is best part of ATs

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Has anyone else had Sailor 360 forced on their people yet? This is not a very positive time so far

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

maffew buildings posted:

Has anyone else had Sailor 360 forced on their people yet? This is not a very positive time so far

Trickle down suffering. I love this poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Cardio after work and then doing 16oz curls is best part of ATs

Whew. Just went through. Well I plan on doing a lot of walking in the capital after work because I love the monuments. Trying to slim down so I'll be skipping the beer for most of the nights.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

Whew. Just went through. Well I plan on doing a lot of walking in the capital after work because I love the monuments. Trying to slim down so I'll be skipping the beer for most of the nights.

Smart man, whiskey tastes better anyways.

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009
This got posted in one of the other threads: https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/05/17/sailors-created-rape-list-aboard-navys-2nd-sub-integrate-women.html

I like how female sailors were told to suck it up and not create more drama about it. I know that that would make me feel very safe.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Valley Stared posted:

This got posted in one of the other threads: https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/05/17/sailors-created-rape-list-aboard-navys-2nd-sub-integrate-women.html

I like how female sailors were told to suck it up and not create more drama about it. I know that that would make me feel very safe.

Disgusting. The officer wasted a lot of time trying to be a computer forensic detective.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

quote:

The investigation raises troubling questions about the submarine community's ability to treat female colleagues with respect nearly a decade after the Navy lifted its ban on women serving aboard the vessels. The sexually explicit list follows a 2014 scandal involving female officers and midshipmen on another submarine over a 10-month period being recorded while they undressed.

After a thorough review of the force, the top admiral overseeing all submarine personnel insists he's confident the situation aboard the Florida was an isolated event, and "not at all reflective of the overall outstanding performance and behavior of our submariners force-wide."

"This poo poo keeps happening over and over but surely it's just bad eggs and not an indicator of a severe and deep problem within the submarine force"

nevermind the sexual assault problems in the Navy in general.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

The CO shut the COB out of his job on this? What in the holy loving poo poo.

This poo poo makes me sick and ashamed to have been a part of that community.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Deployment update - I'm not sure this is going well

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

Deployment update - I'm not sure this is going well

More nude woods walkers?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Nick Soapdish posted:

More nude woods walkers?

Lol

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
If I get a lock down before the boat leaves Yoko... :catstare:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Well we have a few months. Hoping things smooth out but we will see

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ded posted:

The CO shut the COB out of his job on this? What in the holy loving poo poo.

This poo poo makes me sick and ashamed to have been a part of that community.

I've met very few sub nukes in my career but every one I met was spergy as gently caress and this story rates zero surprise to me. As a caveat I'll just reiterate I've only met a few.

Agent Of Zion
Jul 19, 2015

Offered 3MC billet as a first class on a tender out of Guam. Take it or leave it? Soliciting opinions.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

maffew buildings posted:

Well we have a few months. Hoping things smooth out but we will see

Are you with Marines? If so I am pretty sure I know where you are headed and having gone twice myself, it was one of my favorite places to visit.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Agent Of Zion posted:

Offered 3MC billet as a first class on a tender out of Guam. Take it or leave it? Soliciting opinions.

Are you up for chief?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Are you with Marines? If so I am pretty sure I know where you are headed and having gone twice myself, it was one of my favorite places to visit.

Negative, I wish. Just NCF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

maffew buildings posted:

Negative, I wish. Just NCF

Ahh I think I was living in Sasebo when you guys came through a couple of years ago. That's why I asked about leaving with Marines. Good luck with the training.