Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

"we do not condone filming while driving, but we're definitely going to show it anyway"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

France?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

wolrah posted:

Wiki says that trains cracked 60 MPH in the late 1840s and 80 MPH in 1850, so they weren't even the fastest things on rails at that point.

Still pretty insane, and I definitely wish I could ride it. I guess one of those alpine slide things is the closest we could get these days.

Hmm, both those were unsubstantiated I thought?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

Yeah if that was a TNR one ear would be noticeably different from the other. The tip would be a straight line with unnaturally sharp corners.

*pets TNRed cat who just sat down on desk and kicked mouse out of position*

I concur.

Please adopt the catto.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

UK! The roundabout is a 2 min walk from my house.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/reading-road-closed-live-a329-16293636

sadly there's no video of the truck somehow escaping the bridge

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Hmm, both those were unsubstantiated I thought?

At least one did 88 in the 1880s. Was even on film

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Stupid rear end got all the way up there then probably realized he forgot his drill.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You think that's bad wait until he starts shimmying the ladder up and down those beams while at the top.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Taerkar posted:

At least one did 88 in the 1880s. Was even on film

Yeah but it was going downhill, weren’t hauling no cars, and had a firebox hotter than the blazes of hell and damnation itself.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

PittTheElder posted:

"we do not condone filming while driving, but we're definitely going to show it anyway"

"Please don't do this, even though everyone here at KCRG was stoked as hell that we could show this footage. Now for the weather and high school basketball!"

Driver was probably too busy looking at his phone that he missed the WRONG WAY signs.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/T2HvvAo.mp4

teamwork makes the dream work

urgh, I shuddered typing that out

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0XbLz0L6UdI

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Memento posted:

Good, they're already working on the guillotines.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

This not having sound is a travesty

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i'm not trying to be a jerk but from my experience rescuing stray cats it looks like this lil bud might have lost some ear tips due to hypothermia. please make sure they've got a warm insulated place to sleep, cats evolved in the desert and generally need things a few degrees warmer than people.

ok derail over pls post more pictures of y'allses Shop Cats.

He probably showed up so he could have a warm place to stay. The whole place stays plenty warm all the time, so he's definitely going to be fine. There's a bunch of other cats around the plant. Craig is the one that hangs around by the control room and is friendly with us operators.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Well, the truck thinks it's in Australia

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This truck was loaded with too much Mussolini.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

wolrah posted:

Wiki says that trains cracked 60 MPH in the late 1840s and 80 MPH in 1850, so they weren't even the fastest things on rails at that point.

Still pretty insane, and I definitely wish I could ride it. I guess one of those alpine slide things is the closest we could get these days.

Well, the track is still there and as long as you timed it so the train was above you, there is definitely no way anybody is going to stop you from going down.

The question is how bad do you wish you could ride it?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/dk4l7EF.gifv

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Memento posted:

I keep expecting one of them to fall backwards upon landing and end up with his head between the rails while letting go of the rope.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This not having sound is a travesty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN9CmeMtSA8

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Stay safe OSHA ghost

https://i.imgur.com/V4EFlgz.gifv

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

It's always fun scrolling down and seeing these these halfway through the loop and trying to imagine what led up to the guy lying on the ground next to a toppled ladder.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Was the other guy really just holding the other leg of that ladder?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Wait'll you realize the fixture was still powered.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

Was the other guy really just holding the other leg of that ladder?

One leg was on the little ledge and the other was perched on that 1 inch wide, slanted handrail.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Also seems weird that there's an indoor balcony above the bed.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Candy-cane manufacture?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

The Lone Badger posted:

Candy-cane recycling

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Candy-cane manufacture?

Yeah that makes no sense. They're probably extruded (probably the wrong word) straight. Heated, then bent, then straightened again?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Yeah that makes no sense. They're probably extruded (probably the wrong word) straight. Heated, then bent, then straightened again?
It sort of looks like they start out straight but bend over as they hit the lip at the end of the tray.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

no it's candycanes they shrink as they cool

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's actually Lilliput's paperclip recycling plant

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Was looking for safety glasses, found melted smooth face.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The bending looks incidental given that it's also completely random how much bend there is from piece to piece. I assume it's there to slow them down with minimal damage to the thing stopping them so they can be grabbed and fed into the next thing while still letting them come out of whatever previous process fast

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Azhais posted:

It's actually Brobdingrag’s paperclip recycling plant

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The bending looks incidental given that it's also completely random how much bend there is from piece to piece. I assume it's there to slow them down with minimal damage to the thing stopping them so they can be grabbed and fed into the next thing while still letting them come out of whatever previous process fast

You buy rebar, you bend it for use on a job, but some of it gets hosed up or you don’t end up using it or have to do a different bending pattern

So you sell the bent hosed up rebar back to a guy who gets it all hot and bothered and runs it through a machine to make it straight so you can buy it again and gently caress up some more bends

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fun fact: that's why it's called rebar instead of bar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Hi thread, how many of you work with structural foam? Have any of you attended GE's SPI structural foam conference? In 1986? Did you lose your copy of the PROMOTIONAL SHOWTUNES CASETTE? A new goon has your back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUAvDNexS58

This poo poo is TWENTY THREE MINUTES LONG. It is ENTIRELY sincere.

I heart bacon posted:

He probably showed up so he could have a warm place to stay. The whole place stays plenty warm all the time, so he's definitely going to be fine. There's a bunch of other cats around the plant. Craig is the one that hangs around by the control room and is friendly with us operators.

Okay, it wasn't evident how warm it was just from the photo, but it sounds like y'all got this in hand. :3: